L'Oreal Sublime GLOW

L'Oreal Sublime GLOW
Sublime GLOW

4.1

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tri C14 15 Alkyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Ceteareth 15, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Perfume (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Red 4 (CI 14700)

I love everything about this tanner except the smell, which is too strong to bear. But the color is quite natural and if you exfoliate before applying, it lasts a logn time. It is a must for me before going out on the beach.

Iam totally addictive to this stuff. It sprays on evenly with NO streaks.I shower and exfoliate. Dry off , apply, dry the the next morning i wake up with a beautiful natural looking tan over night. I would highly recommend this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

As far as lotion tanners go, this is superior to almost everything I've tried (with the exception of the breathe line made by b&bw). However, I bought this in fair, and while it gave me a little bit of a 'boost', it was no where near jaw dropping. And thats what I want, I want a jaw-dropping just-got-back-from-bermuda tan. So when I finish this (proably in the winter), I'll buy this in medium. I may even try the spray kind, since I have been leaning towards that application method lately.

on 8/19/2007 12:29:00 AM

The only things I don't like about this product are the smell and too much glitter. So I switch between this and Aveeno. It tans quickly and the color is pretty natural.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

FInally!! I found it. This one gives me beautiful color and I love the shimmer (not too much). I also don't get that gross tanner smell. My HG of self tanners.

**This is for the lotion. I use the mist also on hard to reach areas and I like it too, but HATE the smell.

on 7/26/2007 12:38:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I tried Jergens and the smell and lack of results turned me off. Sooo I went and bought Sublime Glow in Medium/Dark. Here's what happened.
First:
The smell. It does smell like tea but It was really strong tea. Me no likey.
Next, application:
It stayed sticky way too long. I had to wait about 15 minutes b4 putting on clothes.

Here's the good news. The next day I had light tan, so I put on some more and after two days I had a REAL looking, brown tan the third day people were asking If I' de been out in the sun! So if you can get past the smell and the stickiness this is worth checking out. It is far better than any "Self Tanner" I have tried.

on 7/17/2007 10:12:00 PM

This product works well on my pale, practically transluscent skin. The glimmer it gives does not bother me, it seems to mask those pesky veins better. I read about dark feet on here... I have this problem with my ankles, knees and elbows. I just put whatever regular lotion I have handy on those spots before the self tanner... that with exfoliiating with a loofah the next AM seems to help. Best one I've found yet, but I want to try Malibu Hemp next week... I love a bargain, especially if it ends up being a HG!

on 7/13/2007 9:23:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is the first self-tanner I've used and I'm loving this product! I like that the effect is gradual, so I can judge whether to apply it from one day to the next. I'm fairly pale, which is fine by me, but my very pale legs are a little too glaring in the summer! This product has given a subtle amount of colour to my legs so that i don't feel self-conscious bare-legged in a skirt. Helps to hide those pale blue veins, too! I don't find it too shimmery at all on me -- gives me a nice slightly dewy look. I also don't really notice the scent, other than a faint touch of tea (but nothing chemical). I tend to be rather minimalist when it comes to skin care/cosmetic products, but this is definitely going to be a keeper on my shelf!

EDITED TO ADD: Normally, I put on this self-tanner in the evening, but one morning I thought my legs looked a bit too pale (read "blindingly white"), so I put on the lotion and drove off to work. At a stop light I looked down at my legs and EEEEK, glitter city--I looked like sparkles off a cheap card! I still like this product; I'm just never going use it in the morning again!

on 7/12/2007 1:25:00 PM

I agree that exfoliating makes the difference in how this wears/wears off. As for the tea scent: If applied at night, the scent is gone by morning and a quick shower or a layer of scented lotion takes care of any remaining tanning smell, as well as toning down the sparkle in the lotion. Each time I have purchased this it has been buy-one-get-one-free at different drug stores, so the lotion, gel, or spray average only about $4.00 each.

on 7/11/2007 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i have terrible circulation and my legs are always very pale compared to the rest of me so this boom in self tanners has been a blessing. i have tried many brands and i'm surprised that sublime bronze isn't rated higher by the customers here. it's not perfect but it's the best out there in the drugstore variety (cannot afford the chanel kind...). in my experience it fades very naturally if you always exfoliate first and the color is very natural too, not too shiny at all. it's best not to go for the darkest color you want on one day. use little more than a quarter sized amount on each leg for a light base color on day 1 and then reapply on day 2 for the darker color you really want. it dries really fast too; i always apply only 20 minutes before i go to sleep. it smells bad like all self tanners when applied but the next day the smell is gone. if this product found a way to smell better it would be perfect for me.