L'Oreal Sublime GLOW

L'Oreal Sublime GLOW
Sublime GLOW

4.1

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tri C14 15 Alkyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Ceteareth 15, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Perfume (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Red 4 (CI 14700)

I bought the one for Fair skin, because i am very pale. I saw color the next morning but it was streaky and yellow. i hate to say i had better results with jergens medium this was to dark and not a good color.

on 4/21/2008 11:24:00 PM

I have used this twice already and I notice a small change. Im really excited to see what it will look like in a few days from now. Im so pale and I just want some color! It is a bit runny and smelly. However smell is not an issue for me since all self tanners stink. This one smells a bit better than jergens. The sparkles are not too intense. They disappear the next day leaving a soft glow. The only thing that made me give it 4/5 is cause it is abit itchy. Although not unbearable.

on 4/7/2008 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've tried a number of self-tanning products... none have I "loved" but overall... I would probably admit to liking this one the best. The smell of this product is the least offensive of the tanners I've tried. And while I'm really not all that fond of the sparkles it gives me a good indication of where I've placed the product and I don't HATE them (could i do w/out them... yeah) I used the medium on my rather fair skin... So I could go stocking-less this past Sunday... I applied before bed Thursday, and again (twice) on Saturday and had a really nice non orange pretty natural looking tan. For the price and the smell... this is definitely worth it

on 4/6/2008 11:04:00 PM

Love this product. It doesn't have a horrible smell like most self tanners (but still does have a distinct smell, some may or may not like). Its way better than other gradual tanning lotions, and I haven't had any trouble with streaks or patches.

on 4/1/2008 5:44:00 PM

I've repurchased this 3 times, and I really like it! I use the darker one for medium skin tones in the summer, and it's very realistic. ALL self tanners I've tried have that tanner smell the morning after, but this one is no worse. I actually like the little sparkles in it, very pretty on summer skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I admit this is my first time using self tanner, so i don't know about that evil self tanner smell, or what the perfect technique is or anything.
But the results were great! After showering/exfoliating I used this on my arms, legs, chest, neck, and (mixed w/ moisturizer) face.
At first it looked splotchy, (like a few minutes after putting it on) but after i went to sleep and woke up, it had a gorgeous golden tan and not orange like i was afraid of.

The smell doesn't bother me, it actually does kinda smell like wet hay but it's not awful or anything. And there are tiny sparkles in it, but after you wake up in the morning you no longer see them.
Definetely will buy again

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is the only sunless/gradual tanner that i will use. i've tried others and always come back to this. sublime glow actually gives you a tanned color..unlike every other i've tried that makes you orange and fake looking. this dries really quickly, and has a pleasant smell. i, unlike many of the reviewers, like the small shimmer that it has. b/c of the shimmer, i try no to use it in the mornings before work -- but on the weekends and evenings, i think it gives the perfect hint a iridescence that really makes my skin look nice and glowy. for the past 3 years i've used the medium, but think i may try to the dark after i build up w/ the medium for a bit. i just started using this again (for this year...spring is finally here!!) and within two applications i already have a beautiful healthy looking glow. i love this stuff! i even use it on my face in the evenings...just very lightly...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Dries quickly, gives even tan and lasts for about a week. I'm never gonna use anything else again!

EDIT: Originally wrote this review years ago. Just wanted to let you know that it's still my favourite!

on 12/31/2007 11:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is my HG lotion. I used to faithfully use Dove until I realized that it was slowly turning me orange. I would layer it on day after day after my shower. Eventually, the color on the inside of my elbows would start peeling off to reveal pale spots in the middle of my orange arm...not a good look! With Sublime Glow in medium, I don't have that problem. While the color is more subtle (aka - not as dark) as with the Dove, it is more tan as opposed to orange. I can apply this everyday without the peeling and embarassment that occurred every couple of weeks. There is a faint shimmer in the lotion, but that goes away within a couple of hours and i think it is pretty anyway. The scent is light and tolerable...I usually cover it up with a spritz of perfume after application. Best of all, it comes in a tube so it's easy to get the last drop of lotion...no waste!

I'm not so sure about this product. I have it on as I type this and there are two contradictions already to what the bottle says. It's greasy. It beads up on the skin almost like beads of baby oil. It does not have a "fresh" scent. It almost has an overwhelming fume smell obviously from the aerosol contents. Will report back with how the color turned out and my overall satisfaction as well as if I would buy the product again or not.