L'Oreal Sublime GLOW

L'Oreal Sublime GLOW
Sublime GLOW

4.1

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tri C14 15 Alkyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Ceteareth 15, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Perfume (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Red 4 (CI 14700)

on 10/14/2008 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

By far the best gradual tanner out there. Gives a great natural color rather quickly (noticeable difference after just 2 days). I actually really like the green tea scent. I don't think this stuff smells like self tanner at all. I shower at night so I apply it then and by morning I cannot even smell the tea scent anymore. The shimmer is noticeable close up, but by no means is it "shiny" or greasy looking. The lotion dries rather quickly also and I am able to dress in just a couple of minutes. I'm already on my 5th tube and I will keep buying. Would (and already have) highly recommend.

As far as drugstore brand tinted moisturizers go, this is my favourite. I've tried about five brands and developed my skill in application ; ). This smells the best, the colour looks most natural (if kinda shiny... ) and I like how it goes on thin. It's not so creamy so it doesnt leave thick globby marks like Nivea and Jergens. The directions, if I remember right, say to put it on after you take a shower... that's critical. : )

on 7/27/2008 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It smells slightly better than Jergens Natural Glow, but I still can't stand this odor on my body all day. And, good luck if you get a little warm - that "green tea" fragrance will spread all over your "space" and everyone gets to share. The glitter doesn't bother me, and it leaves a nice color. This product is slightly sticky. I could overlook sticky if I could stand the smell.

on 7/27/2008 6:49:00 PM

Ick, I didn't like this stuff at all. The color didnt show on me, no matter how many applications and it felt greasy. I hated the scent, it bothered me a lot more than most self tanners do; i thought the "green tea" scent smelled more pepper like than anything. Maybe it's just me because 80% would buy again, but hell i know i certainly wont.

on 7/17/2008 11:26:00 AM

Great product...smells like green tea, which I'll take over that nasty self-tanner smell anyday!
This is buildable - so use it everyday like a moisturizer to see the color. I use this most days and my regular self-tanner about 3 times a week.

This is a nice supplement when you don't have time for real self tanner - adds a nice glow and keeps the self-tan color alive. Plus it moisturizes which I really think helps keep the self tanner on longer. When my skin gets dry, the self tanner seems to flake off and look ugly.

I like this product and the slight shimmer doesn't bother me, I think it looks pretty!

on 7/11/2008 8:40:00 PM

I love this product so much! I have literally gone thru like 10 bottles and I am always re-buying it. I have pale skin and use this all year around. It gives you a nice color and not fake looking and I like to subtle shimmer in it too. Good mostuirizer too!

on 7/9/2008 12:26:00 AM

I'm not going to give this any lippies right now because I am doing a trial run. I just bought this product in the medium today. Before this product I used Jergens NG and I hated it. It was thick, smelled awful, and blotched. Though I don't know what the color is yet because I just put it on about an hour ago, it applies SO easily and dries VERY quickly. For those of you who complained about scent/ sparkles, I barely notice it. As for the lotion itself, it is very thin and spreads very easily. I have a slight greasy feel from it, but I think it's because it's actually moisturizing unlike the Jergens. I think it's funny how people complain about the smell.. it is SO slight I can barely even notice it. Jergens is 10x as bad! I will update after I see some color. So far, so good!
EDIT:
It's been two days, the color is slight but definitely noticeable. Unfortunately I sweat some of it off when I go running (when they make a self tanner that is for physical people like me I will go nuts!). The color is nice. It doesn't exactly streak, but due to application error the whole undersides of my arms are whiter than the top parts; for some reason that is a hard area to reach. My palms also turned orange even after scrubbing like mad. I would use gloves but I don't have them. I will re-edit once I am really dark. I don't really have any complaints other than it sweats off.

on 7/1/2008 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with Shawnatha below. I am fair-skinned as well, and get tons of compliments when I use this. It makes you look thinner as well!
I don't use it on my face, though because I think it might make me break out. An awesome product. The first self-tanner ( tried them all) that looks natural and doesn't streak.

on 6/29/2008 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm one of those people whom you rarely see tanned because
a) Being in the sun is too hot, too sticky, too boring, bleh; I grew up with a large sized pool in the yard and spent my summers inside reading a book
b) I don't tan. Well, I do tan; after about ten days of spending an hour per side each day, I begin to show some color, which I have to build up AND maintain. Not worth the effort.

So, as you can imagine, I'm whiter than white (well, greenish white, given the olive complexion) and since I was introduced to self-tanner in the early 90's, I've tried every kind, every price and well, I'm a pain in the butt, I hate the building phase and the maintenance phase of self-tanners, they disrupt my day and they have come with a adorned pletora of problems, causing me to abandon the project every summer after the first application of any self-tanner.

So, I'll tell you why I'll not only actually use these l'Oreal Glow bottles I've got (and finish them), but I'll keep buying them and possibly, even use them during the winter:

No smell, zero, nada, zilch, there's a faint scent upon firts applying and then goes away; I've actually put my nose to my arm several times; no smell, which means I won't be the "smelly self-tan lady" if I go out on the same day, which means, now I can go outside the house on the days I put on selt-tanner YES!.

No streaks, I have no patience to be rubbing for ever, which is one of the aspects of self-tanning that bother me, I mean, who wants to spend a good chunk of their day applying the stuff, three times a week for the rest of their lives?, well, this one I slap it on and still no streaks.
No streaks after putting on clothes almost immediately after, either, no "white gloves", no stained clothes, this stuff absorbs quickly, despite that, I've got no orange palms either.

No dryness/no acne; having angry skin means most every thing will cause your skin to protest, self-tanners are not something angry skin will tolerate easily, well, L'Oreal Glow has kept me moisturized and hasn't given me any acne after two applications.

No orange color, this one is hard for me because, well, I don't remember how I look naturally tanned, but I've asked around, everybody likes this one (the least liked? the Origins ones I was decidedly orange), I have a nice subtle brown tan and no brown knees/elbows/ankles/knuckles/hairlines/eyebrows either.

While there are sparkles, they are not bad, you actually have to know that they are there to notice them.

The price is stupendous for the quality, I can't believe I have spent enormous quantities of money when I could have been using these all along.
They don't seem to be making at appearance at my local supermarket, but any chain pharmacy will have them.

The packages are fine, they are easy to open, easy to close, you can squeeze every ounce out of them if needed.

So, yes!, finally I can stop hurting people's eyes with my paleness, I'm even fantasizing about permanently changing my skin color a la Jennifer Lopez, this is how easy, good, cheap these products are.
They are so good that I just had to review them.
Which ones, you ask?
Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer in Medium, the face one and the body one.
Give them a try, I'm glad I did.

So i was lucky enough to get the body and face glow for a good 14$.
i tried it last night and woke up with a beautiful brown sugar "tan". Im not too good at the whole applying evenly deal and well i have no streaks whatsoever. So anyone can really do this.
I plan on building up on it..however im just a little worried about shaving my legs, im scared it causes blotches..but im sure i can handle it.
Will update if anything changes