L'Oreal Sublime GLOW

L'Oreal Sublime GLOW
Sublime GLOW

4.1

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tri C14 15 Alkyl Citrate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Ceteareth 15, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Perfume (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Red 4 (CI 14700)

on 2/9/2006 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a great product, especially if you are looking for just a subtle tan (Not too obvious like self tanners). I think it has a smell but it isn't strong and doesn't last long. I am VERY fair and I got it in the light. It look about 3 applications to get any color, but if I keep applying it after every shower it looks better and better. I would buy again and I love the little sparkle to it.

I am a loyal Jergens Natural Glow user, (Fair) and was really curious to use this and compare. This one is more fancy... it has a bunch of shimmer, and I think that is more cool for like going out, not a regular every day basis. The perfume in this one is more prominent compared to Jergens. I don't mind it, but I can see where it would really bug others. The consistency is a little more wet than Jergens. Blends okay though, just feels different.
This gives the same effect of giving you extra color, but more PINK than GOLD, I noticed. (Blonde and pale am I.) Kinda nice to alternate between the two! Will definitely buy more. Forgot to mention when I just reviewed the Jergens... I do hafta use a facial self-tanner to contrast...so it really looks more natural.

on 1/29/2006 9:33:00 PM

I have this for both the fair and medium skin tones, but I have only tried the "medium" a few times thus far (I am very fair naturally). I definitely like the color that L'oreal self-tanners give me over other drugstore self-tanners (and I have tried a ton of self tanning products over about 10 years now). This is no exception--I noticed a nice color development overnight with just one fairly heavy application! It's not too orange-y, more bronze-y/brownish and it isn't as dark and streaky as a strict self tanner (as this in the category of products touted as a "daily" moisturizer for subtle color development). In fact I think the color is noticeable enough that I only apply it once and then wait a few days instead of "building" with application each day (but I have come to prefer a lighter "tan" as I've gotten older). In short, the product works nicely for good color development and the packaging itself (shiny bronze-gold) looks appealing.

Now, for the inevitable cons: 1. The smell is terrible--to me, it's bad even initially and it doesn't get any better. You definitely have to put this on at night, expect to stink heavily, and then shower up in the morning. Don't go out with just this on! It's a pity because the lotion itself gives a nice slight sheen/glow to the skin but you need to wash it off. But realistically, many self tanners don't smell appealing, period.
2. The consistency and feel of the lotion--it's a bit thin and runny for a "lotion"--it can get messy and drip. It also has a very silicone-like slip to it and doesn't seem overly moisturizing. In fact, it seems to sit on top of the skin for a while despite constant rubbing and tends to feel a bit "greasy" even after it is supposedly dry. However, this consistency also allows for easier spreading on the skin as well, but be careful with drips. I would prefer a thicker viscosity.
3. The price! I think it's about $9.99 USD when you can get a similar daily moisturizer for around $6-7. But maybe the price will come down after a while(?) At least you get a decent amount of product for the price compared to non-drugstore self-tanners.

In the end, I gave this 4 lippies because this product delivers what you ultimately want from a self-tanner--nice color without a lot of hassle and without sun damage. I would say if you are mostly in self-tanning for the color, go for it. If you expect absolute perfection and no stink, this isn't it either.

on 1/16/2006 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i love this! No it doesn't turn me dark tanned brown but it gives my paper white skin a beautiful warm glow. The color for me definetly kicks jergens butt, and i don't know about others but on me i didn't notice any self tanner smell. The only thing is the price-10.oo is a little much for something that needs to be used everyday for color-but i'll be buying this again, at least for the winter months.

The smell is horrendous...like wet hay. You don't really notice it at first, but it gets stronger. The smell also soaks into your clothes. I took this back to the store for a refund. Pity.....i do like the other Loreal sublime products. I think you can find better products out there that achieve the same result...without smelling like a stable.

on 1/16/2006 8:17:00 AM

I have to agree with the other reviewers as far as the "smell". It doesn't smell at first--in fact, it smells realy nice going on the skin. But after about a half hour, I smelt that typical "self-tanner" smell that I also didn't like about Jergens Natural Glow. I do have to say that this moisturizer is better at MOISTURIZING than Jergens Natural Glow. I also think the subtle color is great--not orange at all. It took me about 3 days to notice color after applying once daily. Pretty good product for the winter months! I would repurchase...

on 1/12/2006 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This self tanner/moisturizer gives me a nice soft color. It is very moisturizing and takes a few minutes to dry but isn't bad. The color is very natural and not at all fake looking. I like the color but hate the smell. I do think this self tanner stinks supremely once it begins to work...However, I apply it at night and shower in the morning and I'm good to "glow." I'll repurchase again when I run out, at least for the winter months.

on 1/12/2006 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't really consider this a self-tanner since its purpose is a moisturizer with a touch of DHA, the stuff found in self-tanners.
I picked this up just a couple of days ago in shade designed for Medium skintones because I haven't been tanning as much during the winter and need something for in between tannings to keep up my color from the summer months.
I used it last night after I got out of the bath for the first time and loved how cool this felt going on, it was definitely moisturizing. The smell is very fresh, like a mango, fruity smell. It has very nice subtle shimmer to it as well.
I also used it this morning after being out of the shower and I've already got a pretty nice golden glow going on. It's perfect! The only drawback is the smell (since I'm a frequent indoor tanner, I always use a DHA bronzer lotion and am used to the stinking smell), it might not be that strong, but is definitely stinky and does not go well with my Chanel perfume!
I hate Jergens Natural Glow because it just stinks, period, but this stuff is definitely a winner. I don't think that $10.00 is an appropriate price for this, I think $6.00 would be better, but this is still a fantastic product and I've already purchased a bottle for my mother and will definitely repurchase again.

on 1/10/2006 10:02:00 AM

This is a great new product from the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze line. They're a little late to the party since Jergens came out with Natural Glow last summer but I do like this a lot. I would actually have given it a 4.5 but 4 seems low, so 5 it is.

PROS: 1. When you first apply this it has a slight grapefruit-y type smell. The good thing is that it dries down quickly to a *slight* self-tanner smell, but it's nowhere near as offensive as Natural Glow is. I put it on this mornign after showering and I can hardly smell it at all.
2. This actually IS a lotion/moisturizer and a good one at that! I've been using it for about a week and it has made my skin really soft. It has lots of good stuff in it--Aloe, Vitamin E, etc.
3. The color is good. After a week, I definitely look more tan and the color is a golden brown, not orange at all.

The only CON: I *think* the color might not be quite as dark as Jergens Natural Glow. I bought the medium and I absolutely look tanner but maybe slightly less than when I was using Natural Glow...but i'm not positive, hence the 5 rating.

Overall a really good product. Oh! A little pricey though. I think I bought it for $10.