Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Excellent cleanser that leaves the skin feeling so soft, it's tempting not to put moisturiser on! I have very sensitive skin and this product is very gentle. You only need a small amount and it is really good for getting most of your mascara off. I always find a bit of mascara under my eyes in the morning but i don't often wear makeup so that is a minor issue but I do use Cetaphil daily -I never wash my face.

on 5/21/2017 12:18:00 AM

-This product does not do a good job at removing makeup, like at all.
-Was fine at first when I was younger but I need stronger products now
-My skin is combination most of the time. I have small acne but my skin swells and reddens easily, thus the need for a product that is good for sensitive skin.
-Packaging is not convenient for traveling

I used to be oily but I've become more combination as time has passed. I don't use this Cetaphil cleanser daily but it's nice to have when my skin is feeling drier than not by the end of the day. It's also great that this cleanser is moisturizing because every now and again I need to give my skin a night off from acne treatments and simply add some moisture back in by simply cleansing with Cetaphil's gentle cleanser and going to bed with a no frills moisturizer on. I could liikely use this cleanser daily with no issue but for now it's a good occasional night off for my indecisive skin.

on 5/16/2017 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Used for years but decided ultimately it didn't do much in terms of cleansing or make up removal. (However it did remove nonwaterproof eye make up when used with a q tip). When I was oiler, I preferred Cerave foaming or Purpose to this. Now that my combo skin is drier and older, I prefer cerave hydrating, micellar water (currently using CVS brand version of Garnier pink bottle) or nearly natural unscented liquid glycerin soap. Note: MUA reviewer Eire1 (under the listing Paula's choice hydrating foaming cleanser) provided a suggestion to combine Cetaphil with Cerave, which I might try (since I have both). For eye make up removal, I use Bliss lid and lash.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I think everyone has tried Cetaphil. You can buy it everywhere, it's pretty cheap, and it's 'dermatologist recommended'.

We are a pretty sensitive crew at our house, so I gave this a spin. It's unscented which we always appreciate. It's gentle, 'tis true. Unfortunately, it's cleaning action is also rather gentle.

This doesn't do a very good job of removing makeup at all, so it's better as a morning wash. I've found my face is just as happy in the mornings with using water to rinse with a facecloth (it's looking pretty happy, actually!). I've been using Garnier Micellar at night and I like that a lot better (no sticky gooey soap sensation).

I'm afraid this face wash is now unemployed at our house, until some new family member wants to give it a spin.

Love this product used it for years , does not irritate my eyes as well

on 5/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

This cleanser is great for my 'confused' skin condition right now - breakout, oily, dry, sensitive / red & sometimes itchy. I use this on a dry face in the morning & afternoon and wipe off with a tissue as it cleans so much better. Then I would use a stronger cleanser at night to wash every grime off before I go to bed. I think it's a great cleanser for people with "unstable/crazy' skin conditions. The packaging is really boring though, but it's def not a high priority for me at this time. I've just purchased a 2nd bigger bottle.

on 5/4/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great cleanser for my super sensitive, dry skin. It is much better than Clinique's Extra Mild Liquid Cleanser, which was too drying and caused my skin to itch. I don't wear any eye makeup and just a little tinted moisturizer/blush, so the cleanser removes that very well. It might not work well if you wore a full face of makeup.

Update:
I wear contact lens.
As a habit, I discovered, I wash my hands with Cetaphil before inserting my contacts.

My contacts are in my bathroom by the sink and mirror. Germs thrive in bathrooms and hand soap is kept by the sink for washing.

Did you ever get handsoap in your eyes? I used to wash my hands with soap and water and then insert my lens.
OMG the burn!!!

I discovered, the other day when my Cetaphil bottle was empty, I wash my hands with Cetaphil after I use soap and water. The Cetaphil neutralizes the sting of soap on my contacts.

You can rinse and rinse your contacts with wetting solution but that one finger may have just a tad of soap lingering on it.

Right now, my right eye lid is clamped shut and watering from soap sting.

Using Cetaphil as I described is not suggested or endorsed on label. It's something I have been doing forever and it works for me.

Previous review:
Just picked up 3 pack from Sam's to avoid making mistake of buying "compare to Cetaphil" product merchandised next to Cetaphil on retail shelf. Dermatologist recommended brand when I was on heavy acne medication. I strayed away but always return. I use to remove makeup and eye makeup. It doesn't sting eyes. Everyone is different and I appreciate reading the reviews.

This Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser does a good job at removing makeup. Leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh without making it feel dry or irritated. Nice for people with sensitive skin.