Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.5

on 11/10/2016 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just came here to remind everyone that this product IS NOT A MAKEUP REMOVER. This is a SKIN CLEANSER, so it should be used after you remove your makeup. I have very sensitive and dry skin, and this is the only product that cleans my skin without making it dry. If I don't use this just one day, I can see that my rosacea is more visible. I'm using this product for one year, and my skin is not the same anymore, I can see a lot of improvement. In the past, I wasn't able to apply makeup on the winter, I had so much rosacea and my skin was so sensitive that everything I used burned my face. Now, my face is not red anymore, I can use any makeup I want, and this is the perfect product to use before the moisturizer. What changed is that my skin is not just more clean and bright, it's less sensitive too. I can stay in places with AC, I don't feel my face burning. If you have sensitive and dry skin, you can't go wrong with this combination: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser + NeoStrata Moisture Infusion Hydrating Cream.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It does not make my skin clean, too much makeup left on the skin.

on 10/28/2016 6:53:00 PM

This is the only cleanser out there that does not make my acne skin break out! I have been using it for the past 5 years and achieved great results. It is very gentle on your skin but int the same time enough to remove the oil builds up. I tried to explore and use other high-end cleanser but after 2 weeks would come back to my favourite of all the times Cetaphil. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is because by dermatologist advised it has some harmful ingredients that apparently dry our skin out and can do damage in the long term. However using other cleansers that make me break out and leave my skin super oily probably would do more damage leaving all the scarring behind.

I love this brand, however the cleanser is not for me. I do not feel it removes my makeup all the way. I reminds me of how my grandmother use to slather ponds all over her face to remove her make up. I do not get that clean face feeling after it. It seems fine if you are doing a morning face wash. But it has too greasy of a feel for a makeup removal cleanser. Price is great though.

on 10/25/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for a little while and I'm loving the clean and soft feeling that I'm getting from this product. Gentle and effective at cleansing the skin without stripping it and producing more oils. I've since decided to add the Cetaphil moisturiser also as I'm looking forward to seeing how they work together.

Edit: 30/4/17 I have since stopped using this and instead is using the Cetaphil Derma Control cleanser and I'm more then happy with it.

on 10/21/2016 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

After purchasing this cleanser twice I realized that I really am not a fan. I find that it just doesn't do a good job of cleansing. Leaves skin feeling oily and doesnt penetrate into the skin. Threw out the second bottle and stopped using it.

on 10/16/2016 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I wouldn't recommend this cleanser. I have acne-prone/combination skin and this cleanser just kept clogging my pores. I had non-inflamed bumps (clogged pores) that kept appearing and inflamed ones (whiteheads). I tried this cleanser for about a month before noticing that it was this product that was causing my skin to breakout every now and then. It is also very drying which is weird since it's supposed to be gentle. Another thing is that it doesn't clean my face really well. There is a waxy-sticky layer on my skin after I wash with it (kind of suffocating). The texture of this cleanser is cream-gel like. (Doesn't foam) IMO it won't remove well makeup or waterproof skincare. If you do use these types of products you might need to double-cleanse. I don't wear makeup or waterproof products and I still felt like this cleanser didn't do its job. Since stopping this cleanser, the non-inflamed bumps (clogged pores) are going away. For me this cleanser didn't work. *Do take note that I don't have chronic acne, but random spots once in a while (prone to acne). This cleanser just made my skin worse even though I didn't have bad acne from the start.

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

----

If you ask for samples on their Facebook page (Cetaphil Canada) they will send you some to try very quickly. So you can try-test their products. Also they will also send you coupons and stuff if you ask. I didn't have to ask and they provided me with coupons and more. Their customer service is very good! They are very quick to respond and to send samples.

It is not a bad cleansing product, but it contains paraben, which is known to have some health risks. I would propose more natural cleansers here - http://micellarwaterworld.com .

on 10/16/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hated this. I dont get why this is recommended for dry and sensitive skin. Its like putting lotion on your face and after washing it with water it just makes ur face feel oily and more sensitive (cause a strand of hair fell on my face after washing and it itched like crazy!). Only thing probrably yes, my dry skin is sort of gone but only for a few minutes. After that just felt greasy and oily. Same goes for the moisturizer. Im not a fan of cetaphil products at all.

on 10/7/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this about a month ago because I didn't want to keep using my boyfriend's expensive bottle of philosophy's purity (even though it's a great cleanser). I also bought this because it's so readily available, and you can buy it in bulk at Costco. Recently, my skin has been on a wild ride, so I needed something that wouldn't break me out. This, luckily didn't. If you work it enough, it will get creamy and have a bit of microfoam, otherwise it doesn't soap up at all. I use it in the shower with lukewarm water and I find that my skin always feels medium clean when I'm finished. When I'm done this bottle, I'm going to try cerave's hydrating cleanser and a different makeup remover because this is really bad for removing makeup.