Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

It is not a bad cleansing product, but it contains paraben, which is known to have some health risks. I would propose more natural cleansers here - http://micellarwaterworld.com .

on 10/16/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hated this. I dont get why this is recommended for dry and sensitive skin. Its like putting lotion on your face and after washing it with water it just makes ur face feel oily and more sensitive (cause a strand of hair fell on my face after washing and it itched like crazy!). Only thing probrably yes, my dry skin is sort of gone but only for a few minutes. After that just felt greasy and oily. Same goes for the moisturizer. Im not a fan of cetaphil products at all.

on 10/7/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this about a month ago because I didn't want to keep using my boyfriend's expensive bottle of philosophy's purity (even though it's a great cleanser). I also bought this because it's so readily available, and you can buy it in bulk at Costco. Recently, my skin has been on a wild ride, so I needed something that wouldn't break me out. This, luckily didn't. If you work it enough, it will get creamy and have a bit of microfoam, otherwise it doesn't soap up at all. I use it in the shower with lukewarm water and I find that my skin always feels medium clean when I'm finished. When I'm done this bottle, I'm going to try cerave's hydrating cleanser and a different makeup remover because this is really bad for removing makeup.

on 10/4/2016 10:54:00 AM

Pros (from my experience):
a) suitable for acne prone (you will probably not breakout from using this product), sensitive, dry/combination skin
b) doesn't leave any residue and easy to remove (so its great for those lazy and exhausted days when you don't feel like doing anything)
c) helped me to slightly improve my flaky skin or keep it in control
d) good value for money

Cons:
a) Might not be suitable for people with super oily skin as they might prefer something more exfoliating
b) Will not remove makeup
c) It is not magic in the form of a cleanser so do not expect it to do all the work :P
d) Will help you to keep your acne in control but do not expect it to improve your acne or acne scars.

If you are looking for a gentle cleanser for your daily use I would definitely suggest you to add this to your beauty regime :)

on 10/3/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have been a fan of this product since I was 11 before the repackaging. I use it off and on and more likely on when I get really bad reaction to a skincare product I use.

I have used this as a makeup remover, cleanser and cleanser for my sponges. It's effective though I tend to use up a lot of it when taking off makeup.

I like the packaging with the pump because it gives you the enough amount you need and it keeps the product fresh.

It's one of the few products that I don't get breakouts or allergies with, that's why I like it a lot.

on 9/24/2016 7:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have combination skin that is very reactive and sensitive. I have used this cleanser on and off for the last two years (mostly on) and love it. I initially purchased it to use as a first cleanse at night after I had an allergic reaction to some detergent. Once I started using this cleanser my skin healed so quickly (this was after trying loads of others that didn't help at all), I massage it into my dry skin then remove it with a wet cloth, followed by a second cleanse. This combination really works for my skin and leaves it feeling clean fresh without drying it out.
Despite trying out other products I always come back to this one!

on 9/21/2016 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

If you have sensitive or dry skin, want a good product but don't want to spend crazy amounts this is The product to use....it doesn't dry out skin at all; if you have very oily skin it's defo still good but might be too gentle.

on 9/9/2016 12:16:00 PM

This is a quality skincare product with an unbeatable price tag. My dermatologist recommended this years ago after placing me on Prescription acne medication, Retin-A, and products that were overly drying to my face. Most recently, after having my second CO2 Fraxel procedure at my PS, this was the product recommended for delayed aftercare treatment to best treat sensitive/post-procedure care. I'm always excited to try new skincare products but somehow seem to always return back to this as I believe it's truly the best!

on 9/9/2016 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very gentle cleanser and is great for oily and acne prone skin. Leaves my skin feeling very clean and soft. Would recommend to everyone.

on 9/8/2016 12:12:00 PM

I use it on my son who had eczema since birth. It is gentle and affordable. Kept his skin hydrated which helped the eczema problem a lot