Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 2/5/2017 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this is a very gentle cleanser, it will not remove makeup and is probably better for those who have dry, itchy sensitive skin. It reminds me a lot of Cerave hydrating cleanser but I don't quite like this one as much. This is okay for a morning facewash if my face has very dry spots but often my face is not dry enough for it, I have more combo skin with a very oily t-zone. This certainly does not leave my face feeling clean, it actually feels like I added a light moisturizer after washing with this. 3.5 is a more honest rating. Likely will not repurchase as I am not finding I have much use for it.

on 1/13/2017 12:57:00 PM

I have used plenty of cleansers over the years but always find myself coming back to this one.

I have acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin. Finding a product that works for me gets complicated! In terms of acne treatment, I prefer to use a moisturiser or spot treatment instead of a cleanser geared for acne.

This cleanser does not irritate nor dry out my skin. The only downside is that it does not remove make-up well and does not leave your skin feeling clean.

I usually remove my make-up first, wash my face and then follow up with a toner.

Pros
-Fragrance-free
-Does not irritate skin or cause break outs
-Non-drying formula

Cons
-Can be a little pricey (Generics are available)
-Skin does not feel clean

on 1/6/2017 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have sensitive/acne prone skin, meaning: i always have at least one pimple going on in my face but despite that, quite dry and sensitive (getting red easy) complexion. I need a gentle cleanser that's not drying out my skin, and so I bought Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I was not happy with this product, would not recommend it to anyone actually... It just moves around on my skin and it's left feeling unclean and not cleansed at all. I would recommend this to someone who doesn't wear makeup, never have pimples, and very very dry skin.

on 1/5/2017 12:50:00 AM

I have sensitive skin, that is the reason I got this, but I dont like it at all, my face does not feel clean after this, I prefer my QV cleaner more, besides, it does not remove makeup at all. I normally use a makeup remover first, then my cleaner can get my whole face clean, but this one, cen not remove the rest left makeup....

on 1/4/2017 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Whoa! I've been looking for a good cleanser for my acne-prone skin. At first, i thought frank creamy face cleanser is the best cleanser, i've ever had, so when i ran out of the first bottle i decided to buy the second one. But it makes my face even worse with more painful acne all over my face. So i decided to stop using it. Then i found cetaphil, i didn't really think it's a good cleanser tho, but i tried it anyway and it's magical! Yay! It calms my acne although it doesn't feel like cleansing haha

on 12/23/2016 3:10:00 AM

Well my lovely husband bought this for me in a large pack from Costco and well I was struggling and still am with dry oily skin patchy skin mainly around my cheeks and chin ughh could be the moisturizer as well but yeah anyways this cleanser makes my skin feel smooth and soft but I still wake up with dry dehydrated. I will try using this with my clarisonic and review it and the night moisturizer I am using is an Olay Night cream I will review that as well and get back to this in 2017. Happy Holidays!

on 12/21/2016 11:18:00 AM

Unfortunately this didn't work for me at all. My face just doesn't feel clean after using this (and my skin's not even usually on the oily side). It doesn't dry my skin out so might be good for very dry skin, but it doesn't clean well and so doesn't really serve its purpose.

on 12/19/2016 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I apply one pump all over my face then gently remove it with a clean, dry washcloth. Yep, try using it without water, and see if it works for you too.

I used this on and off (WITH WATER) since the early '00s and was unimpressed. For while I was using Albolene only and wiping it off with a tissue, and I was amazed at how great my skin was looking, I just couldn't deal with the texture. So I tried Cetaphil with a tissue and got nothing but a wet shredded mess of tissue across my face. Once I started wiping it off with a dry washcloth, I was hooked.

It does its job OK but it accentuated my dry patches.

on 11/28/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was told to use this cleanser after being on a strong topical cream for my acne issues, and also after being put on antibiotics for my acne. I find it is gentle, but it's so gentle that it doesn't remove all makeup, and you have to either cleanse twice or just make up remover before cleansing your face. It didn't dry out my skin or make me break out but It kind of felt like it didn't do much.. Very gentle