Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.5

on 4/19/2017 2:47:00 PM

I only use this when my I am having breakouts for whatever reason. It really stops the breakouts and they seem to heal faster. However when I use it every day when my skin isnt acting up I find it very drying. I love the pump and rhe price is great as one lasts me forever only using it occasionally

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

• Lasts forever for the price.
• Leaves a film.
• Leaves skin soft.
• Never caused a breakout. Calms down my skin after a sweaty, bad food weekend.
• Does not feel satisfying on dry skin, even if it is soft.
• Not drying.

Stopped repurchasing because I want something with more skin-loving ingredients.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this cleanser. When I was growing up, I had (and still have) dry, sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts and used to have to get facials semi-regularly. Instead of pushing expensive products on me, the esthetician recommended I use this gentle, basic skin cleanser daily and save the money to spend on really good moisturizing products. I have been following this advice for ten years and it has never failed! Another great aspect of this product is that you can use it for your body, too, so you save extra $$ by not buying extra body wash.

The one thing I don't like about this product is that it's not highly rated by the Environmental Working Group (EWG.org) because it contains parabens. Although I have used this product for years, I'm currently on the hunt for an EWG-friendly dupe!!

on 3/14/2017 3:05:00 AM

I tried this 3 times. I just could not continue for more. I ended up using it as a hand soap. It does not clean at all. The skin feels greasy after use and the mascara of course is still going strong on the eyes. It does not even budge. It is a little nothing that somehow disguised itself as a face cleanser. Sorry but no.

on 3/2/2017 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this cleanser in the winter only (cold, dry, Canada) and in the mornings only. I was using the Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin both day and night but then I developed a nasty dry patch on my cheek. That made me decide to lighten up on the cleansing and use a gentler cleanser in the morning (and keep the stronger cleanser for washing makeup and a full day's grime off). It's made a big difference. My skin doesn't feel as dry anymore and looks more healthy, glowing (not oily/greasy though), and less dull. It might even be helping my acne since I know having too dry skin can sometimes cause more acne (skin can overproduce oil to combat the dryness). Either way, it feels really nice, almost like lotion, but my skin still feels clean, smooth, and soft after using it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A gentle cleanser that does a good job at removing makeup without drying the skin. I've used it primarily as a facial cleanser and for my body in the shower, but it's not as practical for body use because it takes a lot of product. It's good for those times when your skin is going berserk from allergies, a breakout, a bad reaction to a cosmetic product, etc...
It is an excellent waterless cleanser, I have used it while minimalist traveling on the back of a motorcycle and would definitely consider taking it hiking because it can be rubbed into the face a bit to loosen up sunscreen & dirt/dust from travels, and wiped off with a dry washrag. However, a wet one works best - it is extremely refreshing at the end of the day when camp is set up and it's time to change into some fresh clothes after cleaning up yer nooks with a little of this cleanser. I have also heard good things from someone who used it on another who was bedridden and suffering from eczema because the patient reacted poorly to being cleaned with anything requiring water.
It is what it is - a basic no frills cleanser with some excellent uses, but it has no beneficial ingredients whatsoever. Anyone who is against products with parabens will be alarmed at the ingredients label (three different kinds are used) as this is a straight up all chemical product, nothing natural going on here. I put that I would repurchase it because I will seek out a travel size to use for travels, but as far as a daily facial cleanser, I have preference towards other products.

on 2/15/2017 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've gone through one bottle of this and now working on my second one, im starting not to feel so attached to this anymore. Up till college, my skin was always under the dry category and I shamefully can't tell for certain if my skin is oily or combination now.

I always use the "DRY" method of this product where i just wash my hands, shake off as much water as i can (don't towel because then your hands will be dirty again) and squirt like 20 cents of this product onto my palm, rub between palms and just massage it into my face. I feel like i get more dirt out and waste lesser product. If im all that lazy, i use this while waiting for my hair conditioner to set into my hair and i use the wet method.

I love that this does not dry my face out- some people loves that squeaky clean feeling of dried out face- but i love mine soft and supple and cool to touch which this doesn't always give me that feeling but atleast I know im not torturing my face with harsh chemicals.

It doesn't help much with blackheads and pimples but I never really did rely on this to help with my case in the first place so I'm not all bummed out. I contemplating switching to other brands after this bottle as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't use this product to remove makeup, just to wash my face, but as someone with acne who has just stopped taking medication it is one of a few products which have helped a lot with getting my breakouts under control! Leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh without making it feel dry or irritated. Nice for people with sensitive skin and a good value product to try out if you have acne.

So, I really actually like this product. I wear long-lasting foundation sometimes, but it's gotten rid of most of it, as far as I can tell. One thing I'd suggest to those who say it doesn't remove all your makeup, try steaming your face with a warm/hot washcloth first before using this. It'll open your pores and make it easier for the cleanser to get all up in there, ha. I have combination, sensitive skin that generally gets SUPER duper tight after washing, but I haven't had any issues when I use this.

The only reason I'm giving it four lippies is because the ingredients- which include several parabens & other ingredients (propene glycol) which have been scientifically proven and/or suspected of being linked to a lot of health issues. :/ Sucks, because I really enjoy this cleanser. I will use this up & try to find another gentle cleanser, but I won't be repurchasing for these reasons.

on 2/6/2017 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Great for SUPER SENSITIVE bodies like mine. Just about every bodywash makes me dry and itchy, even those that are specially formulated for sensitive skin can cause discomfort. This is a cleanser for the face, but can also be used for the body. There aren't any suds, but it gets you clean and feeling nice.