Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.7

on 11/18/2011 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used this product for about four months and it did nothing for my acne but make it worse! I have very oily, acne prone and sensitive skin. Also this contains sodium lauryl sulfate which is known to cause acne. According to this article, Became An Acne Detective, this has a level 5 Com. (Comedogenicity) So I do not use this anymore and I do not suggest anyone use if you have acne prone skin. Also take a look at the article and see if any of the skin care products and/or cosmetics could and maybe causing your acne. Take it from after I stopped using the products that the list said were very acne causing and irrtating I have no more acne! So yes take a look at it and use caution when purchasing/using this cleanser.

on 4/7/2012 5:26:00 PM

I've gone through two of these, bought them at Costco for some savings. Honestly, although I liked them, the product didn't really anything special. Just a good overall cleanser that at least won't cause breakouts. It's definitely hydrating so great for anyone with dry skin, but will work for any type of skin. After finishing the second bottle, I got bored and ventured off to new cleansers.

on 7/4/2012 1:42:00 PM

Nothing bad, nothing good. Will remove makeup and I actually like the sent. You have to rinse well and take care of the bottle or else it dries into a sticky mess! Didn't clear my skin up by any means but a cheap way to get rid of your makeup! :)

on 7/16/2012 1:01:00 AM

I can't say that it helped my acne tremendously, but my skin always is clean and fresh when I use it, which I really like.

on 12/8/2012 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought a bottle of this at the grocery store, it came in a huge bottle for about 15 dollars. I think this product is really good for your skin! It is gentle and moisturizer. I have very acne prone skin so after putting on all of these harsh chemical irritants on my face its nice to wash it off with something gentle. The product itself is scentless and suddless when you apply it to your face. It ends up making your face very smooth and clean after you wash it off. I don't recommend it to people trying to get an acne cleanser but either than that its great for all ages!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product came down from Heaven!! for years I battled dry peeling skin and puss filled pimples!
After discovering this product after 6 years of using harsh chemical brands, my skin cleared up after 3 weeks and it wasn't irritated!

redness reduced and my skin looked better!
SO much product- 1L bottle lasts 6-7months!
I also use 2.5% benzac Ac!
Cetaphil= makeup free days!!

My skin is, well, acne prone, and I went to the doctor for it. He said for me to buy Cetaphil and it is AMAZING! I have acne on my chest too, and I used it on there and buy the next day it was a lot better. I still have acne, and use Cetaphil, and it can be pricey, but it is worth it!!

This cleanser is something that is simple to use on your skin. It is not gonna make miracle changes. It is merely a cleanser that does not irritate or dry it out. I can use this to avoid irritating my skin helping to keep breakouts away. It is gentle and if you are looking for something that will not irritate your skin this cleanser is great. I have oily skin and it works great for me. Overdrying your skin with other cleansers is not a good thing.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I used this to do the Regimen. It's an okay gentle cleanser, and I wasn't really expecting it alone to help my acne much, but it did not over irritate my skin. My only complaint is that it didn't really lather well so I went through it very fast.

I really like this cleanser, its gentle, moisturizing, fragrance free, non-comedogenic, non- irritating, and not expensive at all.
the one thing I don't like abut it is the feeling I get when I am washing my face, it doesn't feel like I am washing my face ( I like cleansers that go from creamy to foaming, when I am washing my face), Other then that I would say its a great cleanser