Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.7

on 12/13/2004 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

let me tell you, i don't think i've ever been happier with a product than with cetaphil cleanser and lotion. i'm 16, so naturally, i have acne. i recently got fed up with it - tired of telling myself "its just hormones" or "it'll die down"...infact it had gotten progressively worse. so i started the acne.org thing (go there if you have acne!!) and started using cetaphil along with benzoyl peroxide.
now, let me ALSO say that while i had acne, i also have sensitive skin, that, while oily often flakes all over the place...
and once i tried cetaphil, not only has my acne cleared up, but NO dry spots, my oil is in control, and my skin is soooo soft.
yeah, i'll admit, it hasnt got the greatest lather (okay..none) but any downs it might have are made up for in the results...seriously, when i wash my face with this as soon as i put it on i can FEEL it soothing my crazy, angry skin!
well, wow. all i can say is this stuff is AMAZING. my HG..rarely have i been impressed with anything like i have cetaphil. definately worth it!
edit: i still love this, but i find the bar version is a lot better! it has a lather and more cleansing, yet still helps w/ the sensitive skin.

on 5/4/2005 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i've kind of already reviewed, this but its been awhile and i'm always changing my opinions about stuff so here it goes! well...i happen to like cetaphil. people like to gripe about it because its not some 'miracle' product..they seem to think it clears up skin or banishes dryness..or god knows what, but it not meant for that. it simply is a GENTLE skin cleanser, definately the most gentle i have ever come across. IMO this is great for sensitive or irritated skin simply because it does nothing damaging to it! it doenst strip the skin, and while you might not get all your eyemakeup off the first time around with this stuff, i personally think thats a good thing - i mean, lets face it, if its strong enough to melt your waterproof mascara do you want it on your face? if you have probs. with that you should really just get a makeup remover..anyway, this is the ONLY thing i can use in the morning (as my skin tends to dry out a bit overnight, also, what with all the acne products i like to slather on my face) and while i usually use a different cleanser at night, there are times when i need to use cetaphil because my face is feeling tender or irritated. i also think its good for acne prone skin in that, no, it will not clear you skin up, but it will not inflame what you have. a lot of people use harsh cleansers or exfoliate when they have acne, but that usually just make it worse. IMO this is a good old stand by no matter your skin type (mine is sensitive combo-oily acne prone...all of it..=/) and its the only stuff i have always been able to count on. not to mention, the bottle is so huge i'll doubt you'll ever run out! and given the amount you get, i dont think the price is outlandish at all. i recommend this cleanser for anyone who simply wants a gentle cleanser. that being said, don't go expecting this stuff to work wonders!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. It makes your face feel so soft and nourished, and it DOES remove make-up. Doesn't dry your skin out either.

this product irritated my sensitive skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

cetaphil just made my skin break out my dermatologist recommended it for me but she obviously doesn't have problem skin or has never used this herself it is horrible my face breaks outs very bad and i cannot find anything that doesn't make me break out and doesn't dry my face out. So if anyone has any helpful cleansers i'm up for anything at this point

on 12/3/2006 2:34:00 PM

This product smells great, has a nice consistency, and leaves my skin feeling fresh, but it breaks me out everytime I use it, and leaves a nasty film :(

on 12/24/2006 3:34:00 PM

So far I really like his, but I have only used it three times, so I don't know for sure yet. It feels really soft and smooth going on, but I don't really know how good it cleans. I guess I will have to keep using it to decide.

This is a staple for me right now. I have combination/oily skin that has been breaking out after every product I use. Cetaphil saved it. The non-foaming, milky lather takes a bit of getting used to, however. I love that I can rub this on my face and wipe it off. No water required. Especially handy when you're too tired to put any effort into things during the evening. Leaves my skin soft and clear. My only problem is that it's a bit too moisturizing for my skin type and I still get a few spots now and then. But if you're in a skin emergency, give this a try.

i really don't see the big deal about this product, my face never feels clean after i use it. i appreciate how gentle it is, but my skin isn't even oily and i don't use a ton of makeup but it feels like it leaves a residue on my skin or something after i use it.

instead of paying $7 for the cetaphil brand, i payed $4 for the equate version. i LOVED it. it moisturizes my face (i don't rinse with water but just wipe it off with a soft coth) and simultaneously cleans off all of the gunk. my face doesn't feel squeaky clean, but i don't want it to- i just want healthy skin that doesn't break out. i originally bought this because it is hypo-allergenic, and i really need that with my PPP skin. my friend also told me that her brother uses this because he has eczema, so i knew that it would be very gentle. the only thing that i do not like about this product is the bottle, because i feel like i always get WAY too much product in my hands. i don't really mind though, because it's only $4 a bottle, and its such a big bottle that it will probably last for well over a month, even with two washings a day.