Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.7

on 1/15/2003 12:29:00 AM

This is okay stuff, but the smell was so bad I threw it out a few days after I got it. The scent is overkill, it is way too strong. So I definately suggest you smell before you buy!

I think I like this stuff...its gentle, and it doesnt irritate my very sensitive skin. Its has a nice feel, very creamy and soft, it doesnt lather up very much but it also doesnt feel like sticky milk with no lather(Ahem..Real Purity)It leaves my face very soft and so far it hasnt broken me out, also it doesnt have an annoying strong smell. It could do a little better taking off eye makeup but all and all its a nice dependable gentle face wash so far. I will update in couple of weeks! UPDATE- 3/9, well this hasnt broken me out or irritated my skin at all, but I have noticed alot of buildup in my skin, and some clogged pores on my nose, I think im going to stop using it, it just doesnt clean as well as it should, and leaves a residue.

I'm 16-years-old, so I am prone to break out (but not badly) so I decided I need a stronger cleanser. That aside, this cleanser is very nice for older people. It does make your skin feel softer and is extremely gentle. My mom loves it!

on 11/6/2003 6:22:00 PM

maybe its just me.. but i need atleast some foam too feel clean. this didnt give me any. so i just felt like i was rubbing more crap on my face and not cleaning it at all.

on 2/11/2004 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ugh... Highly overrated. It left my breakout-prone skin superdry and itchy, and it didn't even take off my makeup! It doesn't smell so great, either.

on 3/12/2004 5:52:00 PM

i have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. not a good package, huh? well anyway, i tried this cleanser and it left my face feeling sooo smooth and clean. it doesnt remove makeup well, and did nothing for my acne. it's incredibly gentle, which i love, but i need something much more complex. i'd say buy this definitely if you don't have acne. UPDATE: i've been using this for a few weeks now with another facewash and i love it! still doesn't remove makeup but itnt irritating at all. LOVE IT

on 7/25/2004 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

im accutane for my back but my face ot really dry so my derm recommended this. it makes my skin feel clean and smooth and soft if my skin isnt too dry. but if its really dry and flaky it doesnt really get all the flakes soft and gone. it does need a pump tho.

on 8/3/2004 9:43:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for a few years now, and everyone in my family is extremely pleased with it. It moisturizes my skin and when I had acne, it never irritated it or made the acne worse. There are no extra fragrances that could be used to raise the price or irritate my skin, and I would recommed this product to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This stuff is way too harsh and drying on my already dry skin. No good. WON'T buy again. continued >>

I tried using this to wash my face when I was using acne medication but I felt that it didn't do anything for me. It was almost as if I was adding more oil to my face since it felt so "slimy". I just use it to take off my eye makeup because it doesn't hurt my eyes whatsoever when it gets in there. If my contacts are still in, then it just slides right off, with no damage done! I'm only using it because I don't want to waste it, so I don't think that I'll be getting this again.