Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.5

1997 reviews

on 12/31/2015 3:15:00 AM

Ok I have to be real. This product was meh. It didn't remove makeup nor did it make my face feel clean. It was just a total waste of money and I hate this even though I was so excited to try it because of the reviews.. Disappointed to say the least.

on 12/12/2015 6:35:00 PM

Not a fan.
There was this weird scent to it.
Didn't cleanse my face well. If I were to use a lotion based cleanser, I would prefer Spectro jels cleanser.

Loved the packaging and the price point though.

on 9/30/2015 5:40:00 PM

Sensitive skin / Eczema / Rosacea?

Stay away from this. It's full of chemicals and if you have sensitive skin like I do - your skin will rebel.

Goes on smooth when using but left me congested, broken out in rash and totally red.

I initially stopped this after the first trial went badly but tried it again after my dermatologist (this being my PAST dermo and not my current dermo) actually recommended it and I've had the past ten days of hell to pay thanks to this wonderful new addition to my vanity.

Here are two resources on the ingredients (and there are MANY other articles out there, just google and you will find them!)

on 9/28/2015 7:21:00 PM

It's a nice product to use it's soft and doesn't writ ate my skin. I usually use it in the shower. My face feels soft after using it and I usually don't apply a moisturizer after it. I don't see that much diffrence in my face from using it but it doesn't harm my face so I suggest using it but also have a separate cleanser if you have pretty bad acne

on 9/27/2015 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's an alright product. I used it like I was suppose to but it didnt clear up my skin or make it any worse.

on 9/7/2015 8:38:00 AM

I dont know but this thing clocked my pore and broke me out badly. I started this product and hoped it would improve my acne prone skin but it just made my skin even worse and hurt. Eversince i stoped using this my skin is feeling better though acne doesnt seem to go away but it has started healing. I would never want to recommend this to anyone or ever want to try this shit again.

on 8/20/2015 2:19:00 AM

I've heard SO much on this dermatologist-recommended cleanser before finally getting my hands on it...

This is a very mild, fragrance-free cleanser that does not lather...at all. In fact, it feels like a very runny lotion that somewhat removes impurities without drying it out at all. However, a seperate make-up remover is required, I suspect it doesn't act as a make-up remover and cleanser all in one.

I would recommend this to dry-normal skin... or sensitised skin that requires some soothing action.

on 8/9/2015 11:45:00 AM

I have been hearing so much good stuff about this product, from the YT beauty community to regular posters on here, commenting how much of a HG it is to them, so I tried it out.

Just for your reference, I have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin!

1) I honestly don't find it to be that great of a product......I find that when i use this cleanser it just leaves a barrier between the product itself and my skin..and I'm not too sure whether I'm fond of the idea because I somehow don't find it to be "clean".

2) I use it on a daily basis. Some people have mentioned that this product has cured their acne....but it didn't for me!! I had some breakouts occasionally (that time of the month / or clogged pores since I wear makeup on an everyday basis due to my job) and I tried using this but it DOES NOT solve the problem. It does not soothe the redness...or anything like that! I just find that it does not have any kind of healing properties - not that the product claims to have any of that but hearing from different opinions, I definitely do not find it that way.

All in all...I don't find it that much of a HG. I definitely will NOT repurchase this...i have not even used up yet and already considering thrashing this to the bin. If anything, for my skin condition (if any of you reading this also has similar problems as I do), just stick to Eau Thermale Avene gel cleanser (recommended by my dermatologist - works amazingly and solved my acne problems) or Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Cleanser - BOTH of them works great and I truly see results.

Hope that helps!

on 8/8/2015 2:27:00 PM

Love this cleanser. Since I started using this more than 6 months ago, I've found that my complexion is less prone to break-outs. And it doesn't dry out my skin, but leaves my skin feeling soft, yet clean. I use it with my Luna which works well for removing make-up. Best deal at Costco.

I'm not saying it didn't do anything to my face but I wouldn't buy it again. It gave me chemical burns around my mouth area and dried out my skin, causing it to produce more oil. It made my skin flaky and itch and really red. The product is really thin too so I had to pump at lest 2-3 times to get enough to cover my face and neck. I don't know if I'm just allergic to the ingredients inside the product but I know a lot of people had this problem as well. I would just stay away from this product.