Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.5

1997 reviews

This is a great hydrating cleanser for all skin types. It is a gentle cleanse so it may not remove makeup completely if just used once. But I think it makes a lovely gentle hydrating cleanser for a second cleanse. It is gentle enough to use if your skin is sensitive, irritated or itchy and I found it to be rather calming to my skin after I had a sensitive reaction to benzoyl peroxide, and it helped my skin recover.

For the price I definitely believe every household should have this product on hand.
It can be used for kids skin to more mature skin as well.

on 3/11/2016 3:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I give this a 2 because it did not over dry my skin so that is plus. I wear lot of make up so this definitely is not for me, it does not remove make up at all. I use it on my natural days but that is about it.

This is just a basic skin cleanser. Doesn't smell particularly good-- just kinda a soapy/medicine smell. It does the job I suppose but I'm not a big fan of it. I prefer the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle skin cleanser.

although the ingredient list of this product is simple, the ingredients are questionable. SLS? completely throws your skin's pH off balance and strips your skin of all its natural oils. it could also be an irritant.

and not one but THREE PARABENS???? we all know that parabens have been linked to cancer. plus parabens are easily absorbed into our skin.

After doing some research I realised Propylene Glycol could have been what triggered the WORST (up til now) eczema case. I've never had my eczema been so awful before. it was so bad that I could not even walk with the back of my knee (one of my major eczema zones) straight. I had to bend it slightly or it would be painful. I have been using this product for my face for a year now and it worked alright (except clogging my pores, which I only realised a long time after, and I now have an awful ton of skin-coloured bumps which only occured after using it. p.s I did not use ANY other product on my face AT ALL other than this cleanser at that point of time. nothing else could have caused that) and I figured it would work well for my body as well. I have NEVER had eczema in other zones other than the joint areas (arms and legs) but now its spread to so many other areas!!

according to truthinaging: Patients with eczema should use products containing Propylene Glycol with caution, as the incidence of allergic contact dermatitis to propylene glycol may be greater than 2% in patients with eczema (Wikipedia). IF YOU HAVE ECZEMA I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU TO USE THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL LIKELY END UP WITH AN ECZEMA OUTBREAK!
also: Propylene Glycol is classified as an irritant by the National Library of Medicine, and the Material Safety Data Sheet lists it as a sensitizer that is slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant, permeator) or eye contact

this self-proclaimed "gentle and non-irritating" product does not live up to its claim. oh and the primary reason that it is 'dermatologists recommended' is because makers of Cetaphil ship thousands of samples to dermatologists across the land, making that recommendation easy (source: practicalskintuition)

on 2/15/2016 7:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The only makeup remover/cleanser I will ever use probably. Unless I get my hands on Glossier's Milky Jelly cleanser.

LET ME TELL YOU: I have always have very inflamed, problem skin in my T-zone. Traditional combination skin problems. I have large pores, constant blackheads on my nose, and acne all over my chin. I used the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser for the first time when babysitting a friend's cats and staying at her house. I forgot I had shipped my own cleanser home one night and used hers in the shower and whoa. The next day, all of my acne was subdued on my chin (like flat red bumps instead of raised, whiteheads) and I was glowing. My pores looked smaller, my skin smooth, the tone even. Very strange thing indeed. I was convinced that it must have been something I had eaten, or maybe I had more water to drink that day, and I let it go for awhile like a moron, buying a different cleanser and using that and not even thinking twice when my acne returned, per usual.

Flash forward to a few months later -- I buy the Cetaphil gentle face wash on a whim at the store, bring it home, and realize that this is the reason my skin is so even and glowing!
It literally doesn't seem to matter whether or not I use a great moisturizer or a terrible one, what makeup I'm using during the day, etc. As long as I use this face wash twice a day I'm golden. Holy grail product, and I'm so glad I found it. The only thing I wish is that it wasn't tested on animals, which is why I'm looking for a change.

Ever since my skin was super dry and irritated from using Accutane, I have used this Cetaphil cleanser and loved it! It has been over 5 years since I have been using this product, but I don't feel the need to look for somethig else. This is rare for me, since I love skincare and trying out new products. This cleanser does not remove my makeup, but when I use it after my Bioderma it leaves my skin soft and hydrated. I find this cleanser pleasant to apply and I love the texture of it. I take my time massaging the product into the skin and it never dries me out. I honestly didn't even study the ingredient list since it has worked so well for me for such a long time. Apparantly the ingredients are not all that great?! Still somehow its formula works for me. Is that even possible?

This is my favourite, holy grail cleanser. Incredibly gentle, doesn't irritate my acne. It's the second step in my skin routine after i've removed my makeup with makeup wipes, since this cleanser cannot remove makeup.

First, I don't have sensitive skin, so maybe that's why I was pretty underwhelmed. This cleanser is fine. I mixed it into rotation with several others that I had. It was fine, but I won't buy again. Nothing wrong with it - just nothing special.

Comes in a nice pump bottle. Is great on my skin shrinks my pores on my nose so tiny i love it! I cleanse twice with this and its gentle enough for me to use to remove eye makeup too! Never looking back. I love it

on 1/2/2016 5:47:00 AM

onto my second bottle. gentle, does not irritate, great for oily skin