Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.5

1997 reviews

on 11/24/2016 2:23:00 AM

A lot of hype about this product but for me it was just so-so, my skin felt soft and everything but it didn't get that deep down clean and I need that because i wear make up on a daily

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My go to cleanser for use with my clarasonic. I love it. Leaves my skin really nice and even though it's not for that I sometimes use it to remove makeup. I used to use Johnson & Johnson purpose but I honestly haven't repurchase that in months if not over a year, I just prefer this. I have well-behaved pretty good skin that is slightly oily.

on 10/4/2016 10:54:00 AM

Pros (from my experience):
a) suitable for acne prone (you will probably not breakout from using this product), sensitive, dry/combination skin
b) doesn't leave any residue and easy to remove (so its great for those lazy and exhausted days when you don't feel like doing anything)
c) helped me to slightly improve my flaky skin or keep it in control
d) good value for money

Cons:
a) Might not be suitable for people with super oily skin as they might prefer something more exfoliating
b) Will not remove makeup
c) It is not magic in the form of a cleanser so do not expect it to do all the work :P
d) Will help you to keep your acne in control but do not expect it to improve your acne or acne scars.

If you are looking for a gentle cleanser for your daily use I would definitely suggest you to add this to your beauty regime :)

on 9/24/2016 7:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have combination skin that is very reactive and sensitive. I have used this cleanser on and off for the last two years (mostly on) and love it. I initially purchased it to use as a first cleanse at night after I had an allergic reaction to some detergent. Once I started using this cleanser my skin healed so quickly (this was after trying loads of others that didn't help at all), I massage it into my dry skin then remove it with a wet cloth, followed by a second cleanse. This combination really works for my skin and leaves it feeling clean fresh without drying it out.
Despite trying out other products I always come back to this one!

on 9/9/2016 12:16:00 PM

This is a quality skincare product with an unbeatable price tag. My dermatologist recommended this years ago after placing me on Prescription acne medication, Retin-A, and products that were overly drying to my face. Most recently, after having my second CO2 Fraxel procedure at my PS, this was the product recommended for delayed aftercare treatment to best treat sensitive/post-procedure care. I'm always excited to try new skincare products but somehow seem to always return back to this as I believe it's truly the best!

on 9/8/2016 12:12:00 PM

I use it on my son who had eczema since birth. It is gentle and affordable. Kept his skin hydrated which helped the eczema problem a lot

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you want to wash and clean your face and has combination/dry skin, then i would recommend this product. I have combination (oily t zone and has dry patches on cheeks), super sensitive and acne prone skin. This cleanser is super gentle,it didnt break me out. It also leaves soft skin unlike other cleansers that leaves you with tight skin. I have tried other cleansers but i keep on coming back to this. I wouldnt use this to remove my makeup though since it wont do that job. I use bioderma or cleansing balms/cleansing oil to take off makeup. Highly recommended for super sensitive and normal to dry skin.

on 9/3/2016 1:58:00 PM

i've been using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and their moisturizing lotion for years. The cleanser I use for my face (together with Clinique Redness Solutions Cleanser) and the moisturizing lotion for my body. My facial skin is n/o but fair with prone to rosacea flareups. They're not that often as they used to be as I use also prescription Metro Lotion as well. I use Redness Solutions Foundation on my cheeks only(but that's a different review altogether). I absolutely love the Cetaphil Cleanser. It is so gentle and soothing and leaves my face feeling soft and "normal", not tight. My dermatologist had recommended Cerave, but I tried it and prefer the Cetaphil. I hope they don't discontinue it.

on 8/31/2016 1:33:00 PM

This is bang on great for very dry or dehydrated sensitive skin. It's creamy, rich, gentle, soft and just lovely. It's probably the gentlest and most moisturizing creamy drugstore cleanser I have come across that would give me the best results. But make sure you are using this correctly. Because I think a lot of people misuse it and that causes a lot of complaints and bad reviews.
I have started using this as a second cleanser after taking my make-up off when I was on a high dose of accutane and my skin as incredibly dry, flaky and sensitive. This was a lifesaver. I had to use buckets because most of it would just get absorbed, sink right in and would act as a moisturiser. After I would pile it on enough I would rinse it off with water thoroughly (at least 10 times) and follow up with a moisturising or refreshing toner to take off the excess (this is important).
It not only moisturized and soothed my skin, it did not give me any breakouts, cured some of the irritation I have had on my eyelids and acted as the best nourishing express lip treatment I have ever tried!
But keep in mind that if you have oily or combo skin this would probably not work for you since it's extremely rich and creamy. If you have flakes, dryness, rosacea, dehydration or are on medication that dries up your skin severely - give it a go and it may save your skin.

on 8/4/2016 9:49:00 AM

Meh. There is nothing bad about this cleanser, nor is there anything good. I've actually gone through several bottles. It is very basic, and absolutely will not remove makeup so you'll need to use a separate product for that. I will say it's very gentle, doesn't sting the eyes or irritate skin, and is affordable (and you get a good amount). I just don't feel that it DOES anything - and not even anything extra per se, more like it doesn't do its ONE job very well. It also leaves a thin film on your skin post cleansing. Plus it's...boring lol.

Sidenote: I am sensitive to sulfates and SLS in this didn't cause any negative reactions. Try this if your face is very sensitive and you wear minimal makeup.