Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.5

1997 reviews

on 7/4/2001 11:33:00 PM

I use it as a makeup remover, before my daily cleaning routine. Just applied a layer over my face, and remove it with cotton pads. Then you can clean your face with your daily cleanser, great makeup remover.

on 6/23/2001 10:34:00 AM

This product works great for my combo skin. Does not over dry and my skin feels very clean. I have been using this cleanser for a couple of years now and have not thought about trying a new cleanser anytime soon!

on 6/20/2001 7:35:00 AM

Great cleanser for sensitive skins! I use this cleanser in the morning and it works great at keeping the moisture in while cleansing my face. I only wish it removed makeup (which it doesn't do very well...that's why I only use it in the morning). Also, the bottle should come with a pump, it would be a lot easier to use the product. It is one of the cheaper cleansers out there at about $10.00 USD for 16 ounces (and even cheaper if you buy the generic brands which are just like the brand name...I get mine for about $4.00 USD for 16 ounces at Walmart). One of the most recommended cleansers by dermatologists, since it has no irritants or fragrance.

on 6/19/2001 11:39:00 AM

Great cleanser at a great price! No wonder models stock up on this cleanser and buy them by the cartfuls - or so I've heard :). It's a very gentle non detergent cleanser which leaves my combination skin very soft and supple yet feeling very clean and refreshed. I wear waterproof mascara and foundation, and Cetaphil takes them all off at the end of the day. The trick is to softly massage the skin with the cleanser and I tissue off my eye area gently, rinse with water afterwards. This is definitely a winner - basic, no frills, gentle and fragrance free. Only wish it comes with the pump like the oily skin version.

on 6/14/2001 12:34:00 PM

This is not a good product for me at all. I wanted to like it because it's cheap and so many people swear by it. My forehead breaks out into those tiny "braille" zits whenever I use it. No thanks.

on 6/13/2001 7:20:00 PM

There's probably a million people who love this product and a million who don't. For some strange reason, I'm sort of in-between, even though most dermatologists recommend this skin cleanser to the breakout-prone and sensitive-skin patients. I purchased a bottle of this (seems like it only comes in this huge bottle), applied some of its somewhat thick liquid to my face, massaged it in, then rinsed with water. My skin burned a tiny bit, but nothing too serious. Didn't seem to do any harm... but didn't fully take off all my makeup (grrrr). It did, however, leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized afterwards, which felt great. It's a nice product for those who can't tolerate "soap" type of cleansers -- but for me, it was nothing special at this time.

on 6/5/2001 7:50:00 PM

the best cleanser for sensitive skin ever! unfortunately it does not foam or remove makeup. but it does not irritate my sensitive skin at all!