Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.5

1997 reviews

on 8/2/2015 4:11:00 PM

This product was bought for me as a teenager, and I had used it for three years, all the while my facial skin just degraded from acne-prone to acne-ridden. This stuff dries out your skin like crazy, and shouldn't be a go-to for acne problems at all, unless you have very oily skin.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So So. i never had acne problem. in high school i use the basic clean and clear.but at about 20 it started breaking me out all of a sudden so i switch to Neutrogen that did the same thing. so i went a while not using anything but water and my coco butter. long story i cant use any Medicated cleansers. my skin does not like it then I switch to the mary kay combinations facial wash (the only thing i use from that line) my skin loves this stuff. i just hate ordering it on line but i just order some and was a Walmart and saw a trail size i figure it can tie me over till my MK facial wash comes in the mail.

So i used it three times already and to be frank to me it like water down cold cream.....i mean it feel like water down lotion but it not moisturizing at all my skin still felt dry when i got out the shower. that baffled me. but i see it has the same ingredients that shampoos have and since i only shampoo my hair every couple weeks (to clarify my scalp) it drying to my hair i just co/wash my hair daily. so maybe that why it drying to my face??? either way i wont be using this anymore

dont understand the hype at all.

My skin doesn't respond well to facial cleansers from high-end brands. I really like this drugstore cleanser because it has plenty of product in it and it just gets the deed done. It isn't a foam and it applies clear.

on 7/18/2015 9:08:00 PM

This was an ok cleanser. The only thing I didn't like was that it left a film on my face. Just left it feeling weird.

on 7/17/2015 10:09:00 AM

Awful ingredients nothing special as far as cleansing

on 7/14/2015 10:49:00 AM

I purchased this cleanser after decades using only dove soap on my face. I am 53 and no wrinkles. But all of a sudden my face decided to do a 180 and reject every product i had been using for years. I do love the way this cleanses. I use it with Clairsonic after removing most make up with a wipe. Im disheartened to hear the company tests on animals. I will search for something that works as well , but is cruelty free.

on 7/13/2015 12:34:00 AM

this a basic cleanser that does absolutely nothing and has poor ingredients in it.
if you use this you need to know it doesn't have any extra benefits except very basic cleansing.
yes, it's gentle but that's it.
it does not provide any extra nourishment, anti-aging, etc. there are soooo many other cleansers that have extra skincare benefits!

this is a cleanser for already-perfect skin.

so how is this so popular? why do dermatologists recommend this?
it's because when you use prescription strength skincare and get peels and treatments often, they recommend you use a gentle very basic cleanser so it doesn't interfere with the dermatologist strength product.
if you have severe acne or something else intense, this will do literally nothing to your skin... unless you add in another product. then it will work bc this lets the other product work uninterrupted.

and the ingredients in this are actually not good for your skin. so much chemical!

I'm giving it one star bc it literally does nothing. it cleanser but not very well. there is a difference between "gentle" and "does nothing" and this does nothing.
I much prefer cerave products and my HG cleanser is pur minerals in the clear clarifying cleanser which actually gets gunk out of my pores without harsh ingredients

Although I like this type of cleanser and Cetaphil does a good job at cleansing, I wouldn't buy it again because I found out that the company tests on animals. I switched to Cerave because it does all the things Cetaphil does but better and they don't test on animals.

on 6/23/2015 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I decided to buy this cleanser because of the hype surrounding it claiming it's really gentle and great for sensitive skin. However, this cleanser dried out my face like crazy! It also led to me getting clogged pores due to my dry surface skin. Probably due to the sls that they use in it.

This cleanser is definitely gentle but maybe a little too gentle. I have been using this cleanser for about 2 1/2 years and at first this was just a really good basic cleanser for my sensitive skin. The only thing about this cleanser is that it does nothing to help acne at all. It is just for basic cleaning that does not over dry the skin. I had to try new cleansers because this cleanser is not bad but it is also not good. The cleanser does not take off makeup and leaves oil on my face. Also the pump on the bottle is always extremely difficult to open and breaks easily. This might be a good cleanser for someone who wants something basic or doesn't wear makeup often. This cleanser is just okay.