Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i loved this. so much. my skin is so sensitive, i have chronic eczema and my skin is always dry. a few days ago i got lip dermatitis, i was given this to cleanse it and today my lips are perfect. utterly perfect. also o got an eye infection and i put this on, next day the infection was gone!! yippee!!!

on 2/9/2008 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool

I ran out of my philosophy purity made simple so I purchased this because of past reviews. I love this. It has now taken the place of Purity perfectly. Its super cheap in comparison and works just as well or better, no breakouts, no dry or oily skin etc...

on 1/29/2008 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I do not understand the bad reviews for this product. It's not for everyone- nothing is. But this is a great product and costs so little, a huge pump bottle costs around $10 where I live. I've been using this for over 15 years. I have rosacea, started using Cetaphil to calm the burning feeling my face gets. Let me tell you that this is the gentlest cleanser there is. I tried expensive rosacea products and they burned; this does not. When my face needs extra soothing, I smooth Cetaphil onto my skin without water, then wipe it off using a soft cotton pad. When my skin feels good (most days, thanks to the regimen I keep), I smooth it on and splash it off. I leave it on for a while and shower it off a few times a week so it acts as a moisturizing mask and if I'm not wearing mascara, I can use it remove eye makeup too.
If you have rosacea or dry skin, don't spend a lot of money on fancy stuff, buy the 2-pack pump of Cetaphil at Costco, then splurge on some perfume!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Essential for dry sensitive skin!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Before finding my HG cleanser ( Skin Effects sold at CVS ) this did absolutely nothing in terms of cleaning. I don't understand the hype either. The ingredient list isn't anything great, and left my DSPW face feeling extra dry. My face turned beet red after using, not a good sign. Oh well, I see there are others with similiar experiences. I don't normally knock inexpensive products ( my product reviews reflect that ), but this really isn't for me. Cetaphil kinda reminds me of the Noxema & Ponds, I used in high school when there weren't many good cleansers around ( mid 70's ). Those had a similiar effect, as Cetaphil. I'm happy for those that are having a positive experience with this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I, like many others, did not like this product. The non-foaming was not a problem, I just didn't feel like it cleaned my face. I have very dry, sensitive skin, and I really don't want something that makes my skin squeaky, but this, was too much the other direction - I felt sort of slimed. I love the Earth Science ADE Creamy Cleanser, it doesn't foam either, but it makes your skin feel wonderful, hydrated, and clean.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this is a good product and i like it for its cleaning abilities but it does make my skin feel dry still after washing with it, despite the emollients. i suppose its the water that does it, but its hard to resist that clean feeling of washing your face!!!

on 7/16/2007 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

As consumer whores, we are slaves to the glitz of marketting.

Unfortunately, because cetaphil doesnt use advertisements, catchy slogans, or esthetically pleasing bottles, very few women actually use these products which, in my opinion, is a shame... but then again, i suppose i'm a hypocrite who sporadically returns to cetaphil but always end up bored with the packaging. Sad, isnt it? When did bottle become more important than effect?

My review: This product doesnt lather, because i'm so used to that sudsy, drying feeling from washing my face, i'm always convinced that this product isnt working... however, that being said, after using this cleanser I NEVER feel tight or uncomfortable like i usually do with the other cleansers.

Comes in a huge bottle for a great price, always available, and, most importantly, reliable for us sensitive skin ladies. I have fairly brutal eczema that literally begs for me to use cetaphil - i don't always listen unfortunately, and end up throwing money in the garbage by buying all the other overhyped crap out there.

if only i could somehow convince myself that this product is like the 'little skin care line that could' - nobody believed in it at first, but in the end, miracles happened.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I LOVE CETAPHIL! I've been using this product for two years now. I don't trust it to wash off my makeup, but I do start my night regimine with this. It is perfect for sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin. It is slightly overpriced, but if you buy large quantaties of it, it is much cheaper.

I loved this brand so much that I started using the lotion shortly after I purchased the cleanser. I use the lotion twice a day. It is NOT greasy in any way, and does what is supposed to do. I love these products, and would definately continue purchasing them.

on 6/6/2007 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This cleanser is FABULOUS! If you have skin like mine, DRY, FLAKY, BLEMISH PRONE, occasionally oily spots, this cleanser will work miracles. My ENTIRE life, i've tried cleanser after cleanser finding them too moisture stripping, causing my skin to go on oil production OVERLOAD. If you've tried this and gave up from the first time you used it, go back! I too was skeptical. This cleanser doesnt burn, or tingle, feel like it's working, or leave a "SQUEAKY" clean feeling. It does exactly what it's supposed to. I use a cold cream to melt makeup off and then wash my face with this once i wipe the cold cream off. The best thing for ANY skin is a CLEAN and MOISTURIZED face...