Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff. I used to use Clinique but this is more gentle and way cheaper. I exfoliate with this stuff too. Just mix in some baking soda once in a week.

on 12/18/2008 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have real dry..almost atopic eczema like skin..and currently i was put on oratane(isotretionoin).which i stopped cause my pimples wasnt so serious .i wonder y the doctor put me on that. and now my skin is ultra sensitive and dry. as it is i went to the dermatologist for my dryness sensitive skin prob. cetaphil is mild.but it can be extremely harsh for very dry skin like mine. even once a day is harsh.i think its cause of the sls and the parabens. i feel like im puttin detergent on my face. i think the consistency of the product seems mild.i think more appropriate for body. i wonder y u should put that on your face. its not even gentle. i think its more for acne prone type of skin. or "tough" skin. u can use it for your body though. but def n0t your sensitive face.

continued...

all i will say is that tis product is the mildest out ther. as compared to others. but still look around im sure u will find a good one for your prob. basically u gotta trust the company. but ya if i hav no choice i do have to stick wit cetaphil.but yes cetaphil does leave a film which kinda makes u feel so uncomfortable . and irritates your skin slightly. and its parabens guys.

on 12/1/2008 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I probably have the ideal type of skin that this product was intended for...dry, sensitive...but in all honesty, I really hate this cleanser with a passion. I tried it a long time ago when my skin was at it's driest and this stuff made me break out. Something just seemed really odd to me about the texture and I felt like it was smothering my skin whenever I used it. I tried using it again about two weeks ago and alas, I ended up getting a really painful blemish on my chin which is slowly going away. I never break out in those types of blemishes unless I use something that my skin deems really harsh. It's supposed to be ultra gentle but I have found otherwise. I've since moved to the Purpose Gentle Cleanser which does a better job of cleansing and hasn't broken me out....

on 11/15/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This works great for sensitive skin and no, it does not remove a whole lot of makeup. All it does it help cleanse your face everyday before bedtime or during the morning. No stripping of oils, no harmful ingredients, just a good ol' reliable cleanser. My mom, a dermatologist, has been using this for the past 10 years(seriously) and strangers or store clerks refer to us as sisters or roommates because she has such great skin. Plus, you can find this everywhere, and it's not some high-end expensive brand. Always a good investment, along with sunscreen. Plus, it's probably what a dermatologist will suggest you use anyways.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is supposedly a great cleanser for people with sensitive skin. Hah! I thought someone had rubbed my skin with hazardous chemicals when I used it. Awful stuff, just awful. For those who can tolerate it, great, especially since the price is right. I worked for a dermatologist years ago and he swore by this stuff. No, thanks. Pinkydinkydo

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't feel clean when I use it. It doesn't take off make up( I'm too lazy for two steps.) I only really use it to was my feet. I have severe eczema and it is the only thing that doesn't burn!

on 3/22/2008 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive, dry, and eczema-prone skin. This was recommended by my dermatologist as a facial cleanser, body soap etc. This product is extremely gentle, and gets the dirt off just as well as the most potent anti-bacterial soaps. Better yet, it truly is unscented and doesn't dry my skin out at all.

on 3/21/2008 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I started using this product during my use of Obagi... my skin became extremely dry from the Retin A .. I do like the feel of my skin after I wash my face with it... but I have to use water to rinse this stuff off... it says you don't have to but ... my skin feels very greasy ... I would only recommend this or normal to dry skin types...

on 3/8/2008 1:25:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

This feels like nothing on my skin. My skin does not react to it all
i think this is great for someone who have normal skin type and just wants a regular face wash

I used the bottle up pretty quick i find that i dispense alot at one time
The new packaging is more appealing but it has increase in price..

but overall i prefeer something that lathers up
u gotta try it at least once!!

on 3/3/2008 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this cleanser every morning in the shower. My skin always feels smooth and soft. A classic.