Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by age: 25-29
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.5

Sorry but this product is a joke. I have used so many products that were good, great and not so great but this one honestly was the worst. It didn't clean, it didn't remove make-up but in all honesty, not sure if its supposed to and it left a film on my face. I actually felt like I put another layer of gooey cream over my make-up. My doctor told me to buy this for my sensitive skin - no she insisted I buy it so I now question all of her other advice. LOL. Oh well, live and learn I suppose.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this cleanser on and off for over 10 years. However in the past few months I realised that my skin has become so flaky and dehydrated, I believe because of long term use of this product. My skin barrier has become completely shot, probably because of the sulfates. The ingredients don't break me out necessarily, however my skin becomes so dry that I break out from the dryness ( excess oil, dead skin etc). I recently tried it again and within 4 days my skin was dried out and tight. I just wonder how many of the skin issues I faced in the past were actually exacerbated by the product without me realising, surfice to say I won't be using it again.

I used this product on my dry skin. Moisturizing works well and it has some sort of chemical odor. Overall, it is good to used in the Winter time.

on 6/26/2017 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This cleanser is very, very mild. I only use this in the morning after waking up, it's a good way to cleanse your face when it's already free of makeup or gunk. This will NOT remove makeup or even deep dirt from a long day, this would be a good product to use after a micellar water has been used or in the morning when you just need to refresh your face. It leaves your skin soft, smooth and feeling plumped.

on 4/21/2017 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I don't get all the hype. I wish I did, because in theory this should work great for my sensitive skin. This is akin to dish soap IMO while not making my skin feel clean at the same time. It's just clear, blah liquid soap. Pass.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This cleanser was ok. I wanted to give it a try because so many people have sworn by this and my skin seems to be dehydrated now that I'm in my late 20s. I wanted to find something that was gentle and hydrating for my face without leaving a greasy feel afterwards. This cleanser did the job of cleaning it but I felt that my skin still looked stripped after. It really didn't do too much for my face other than clean it and it did not leave a greasy feel. I would say that it is gentle and didn't cause any irritations. I tried the CeraVe Hydrating cleanser and I found it to be much better. My face looked much more hydrated and softer compared to this cleanser.

on 1/6/2017 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have sensitive/acne prone skin, meaning: i always have at least one pimple going on in my face but despite that, quite dry and sensitive (getting red easy) complexion. I need a gentle cleanser that's not drying out my skin, and so I bought Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I was not happy with this product, would not recommend it to anyone actually... It just moves around on my skin and it's left feeling unclean and not cleansed at all. I would recommend this to someone who doesn't wear makeup, never have pimples, and very very dry skin.

on 1/5/2017 12:50:00 AM

I have sensitive skin, that is the reason I got this, but I dont like it at all, my face does not feel clean after this, I prefer my QV cleaner more, besides, it does not remove makeup at all. I normally use a makeup remover first, then my cleaner can get my whole face clean, but this one, cen not remove the rest left makeup....

It does its job OK but it accentuated my dry patches.

on 11/22/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have a very oily sensitive skin and this stuff broke me out badly in tiny little bumps and white heads which took me years to cleared up. I think it was all the alcohols, SLS and parabens in it that caused the problem.