Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/6/2017 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have sensitive/acne prone skin, meaning: i always have at least one pimple going on in my face but despite that, quite dry and sensitive (getting red easy) complexion. I need a gentle cleanser that's not drying out my skin, and so I bought Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I was not happy with this product, would not recommend it to anyone actually... It just moves around on my skin and it's left feeling unclean and not cleansed at all. I would recommend this to someone who doesn't wear makeup, never have pimples, and very very dry skin.

on 1/5/2017 12:50:00 AM

I have sensitive skin, that is the reason I got this, but I dont like it at all, my face does not feel clean after this, I prefer my QV cleaner more, besides, it does not remove makeup at all. I normally use a makeup remover first, then my cleaner can get my whole face clean, but this one, cen not remove the rest left makeup....

It does its job OK but it accentuated my dry patches.

on 11/22/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I have a very oily sensitive skin and this stuff broke me out badly in tiny little bumps and white heads which took me years to cleared up. I think it was all the alcohols, SLS and parabens in it that caused the problem.

on 10/28/2016 6:53:00 PM

This is the only cleanser out there that does not make my acne skin break out! I have been using it for the past 5 years and achieved great results. It is very gentle on your skin but int the same time enough to remove the oil builds up. I tried to explore and use other high-end cleanser but after 2 weeks would come back to my favourite of all the times Cetaphil. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is because by dermatologist advised it has some harmful ingredients that apparently dry our skin out and can do damage in the long term. However using other cleansers that make me break out and leave my skin super oily probably would do more damage leaving all the scarring behind.

on 10/16/2016 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I wouldn't recommend this cleanser. I have acne-prone/combination skin and this cleanser just kept clogging my pores. I had non-inflamed bumps (clogged pores) that kept appearing and inflamed ones (whiteheads). I tried this cleanser for about a month before noticing that it was this product that was causing my skin to breakout every now and then. It is also very drying which is weird since it's supposed to be gentle. Another thing is that it doesn't clean my face really well. There is a waxy-sticky layer on my skin after I wash with it (kind of suffocating). The texture of this cleanser is cream-gel like. (Doesn't foam) IMO it won't remove well makeup or waterproof skincare. If you do use these types of products you might need to double-cleanse. I don't wear makeup or waterproof products and I still felt like this cleanser didn't do its job. Since stopping this cleanser, the non-inflamed bumps (clogged pores) are going away. For me this cleanser didn't work. *Do take note that I don't have chronic acne, but random spots once in a while (prone to acne). This cleanser just made my skin worse even though I didn't have bad acne from the start.

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

----

If you ask for samples on their Facebook page (Cetaphil Canada) they will send you some to try very quickly. So you can try-test their products. Also they will also send you coupons and stuff if you ask. I didn't have to ask and they provided me with coupons and more. Their customer service is very good! They are very quick to respond and to send samples.

It is not a bad cleansing product, but it contains paraben, which is known to have some health risks. I would propose more natural cleansers here - http://micellarwaterworld.com .

on 10/16/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hated this. I dont get why this is recommended for dry and sensitive skin. Its like putting lotion on your face and after washing it with water it just makes ur face feel oily and more sensitive (cause a strand of hair fell on my face after washing and it itched like crazy!). Only thing probrably yes, my dry skin is sort of gone but only for a few minutes. After that just felt greasy and oily. Same goes for the moisturizer. Im not a fan of cetaphil products at all.

on 9/8/2016 12:12:00 PM

I use it on my son who had eczema since birth. It is gentle and affordable. Kept his skin hydrated which helped the eczema problem a lot

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you want to wash and clean your face and has combination/dry skin, then i would recommend this product. I have combination (oily t zone and has dry patches on cheeks), super sensitive and acne prone skin. This cleanser is super gentle,it didnt break me out. It also leaves soft skin unlike other cleansers that leaves you with tight skin. I have tried other cleansers but i keep on coming back to this. I wouldnt use this to remove my makeup though since it wont do that job. I use bioderma or cleansing balms/cleansing oil to take off makeup. Highly recommended for super sensitive and normal to dry skin.