Renee Rouleau Anti-cyst treatment

No Image

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Methyl Gluceth-20, Ethyl Lactate, Ethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin

on 12/11/2006 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

as anyone with very oily acne-prone skin can attest to, treating & preventing cystic acne really can vary from person to person. what works for one individual may be ineffective for someone else. i guess you just have to keep trying different products while sticking with what works when you do find it. i had high hopes for this product and it did not disappoint. i was struggling with cystic acne on my chin six months ago and decided to try this. when applied twice per day on the existing cysts i had, it cleared them up in several days and i also experienced less pain and no scars. i then started to use this twice a week as an all over treatment for my chin and jawline. i have not had any other cysts in that area since starting this routine last summer. i still get the occasional small spot on my chin, but i'll take that any day over painful cystic acne. i'll continue to repurchase once my first bottle is finished. the price doesn't really bother me since i have been using it for 6 months and still have half a bottle left. fyi- other products that have really helped me as well are aveeno clear complexion cleansing pads & alpha hydrox aha souffle.

I bought this because it had the word "cyst", and there did not seem to be any other treatments especially for cysts. This contains mainly lactic acid, and I did not find that it did anything special at all. For whiteheads, I found that MSSR 4% dried them out faster, for red pimples AcneFree's Spot Terminator (a mix of benzyl peroxide and salicylic acid) was great, and for cystic acne, a mix of the Terminator and Mario Badescu's Buffering Lotion (also formulated for cysts). Sorry, but there are better treatments out there for ME at least.

on 10/25/2006 1:20:00 PM

Wow!!! This product is incredible! About twice a month I get these really sore bumps that take forever to heal and I've tried everything with little success. But, I put this twice a day and within two days it's gone where normally it would have stayed for two weeks! It's amazing!!

on 10/12/2006 1:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

HUGE dissapointment for me. In a last ditch effort to help my hormonal acne (cysts on my chin) before visiting my derm, i tried this, hoping for miraculous results based on the reviews here. Alas, did NOTHING in terms of size, redness and pain. In contrast to the topical antibiotics i was prescribed, which shrunk my cysts in 2 days, i render RR's anti-cysts treatment as completely useless.

I was fortunate enough to receive this in a swap. I'm glad I did as this was totally ineffective on my skin. I'll be sticking with Paula's Choice for now.

on 3/3/2006 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is one of my Renee Rouleau must's. It's rare for me to get cystic acne on my face but when I do, man do those suckers hurt! I've tried benzoyl peroxide treatments to dry them up faster and take the ouch factor down but benzoyl peroxide just doesn't sink far enough into the skin to do anything other than dry out the skin on the surface of a cyst. I've tried topical antibiotics, which again are just too thick. I've tried high level glycolics which do get down into the blemish but are a bit too harsh thus further aggravating the already sore spot. Short of having a high frequency machine (not something the general public would have or should have) this stuff is the best solution. Within 24 hours of putting this on my blemish is no longer painful and it is reduced in size. Within 48 hours it's usually almost completely gone. I really love this stuff and recommend it like crazy to clients. Lactic acid is super effective at getting below the skin surface to clear up clogs gently without further irritating the already inflammed skin. I have to say this is one of those products that proves Renee Rouleua knows her stuff when it comes to ingredient and skincare formulations. Brilliant product!

I think this product does a great job at targeting the big cyst blemishes that lie both above the skin surface and below the skin surface. I have used all sorts of acne products to target such blemishes (there are so many I've used that I cannot remember exactly what they are, but they all have had at least one if not a combination of such commonly used acne ingredients as benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and/or sulfur) and I thought there was no hope for such a problem. This is the only acne product that has seriously targeted such blemishes and it really is the only one on the market that is geared to eliminate such painful and nasty-looking boils of blemishes. Although I do not have a massive amount of cystic acne, I was having more frequent flare ups of cystic acne around my face this past Fall. I know it was due to a combination of stress and a skincare routine that no longer was working for me. This product not only has targeted these boiling blemishes that made a massacre of my face, but is also a great preventative treatment. I alternate between using this every other day and MD Formulations' Glycare Acne Gel to target those annoying blackheads and whiteheads (apparently glycolic acid is good for targeting that, but really is not as effective in targeting boiling blemishes wheras this is targeted for the boiling blemishes and not the little blackheads and whiteheads). The formula has worked quite well for me since I have had a massive decrease in boiling blemishes (I'm now only getting about one or two during that time of the month wheras before it seemed like I was averaging six a month in the most visible parts of my face). The only thing that irks me about this product is the fact that it is so costly for such a small bottle (like $36+change+shipping if you don't spend $75 or more at ReneeRouleau.com; I do have to say that their customer service is one of the best mailorder skincare customer service I've dealt with and they are highly generous in sending samples too). Although I greatly appreciate receiving samples alongside my order, I'd be even more happy with the product if there was more for that amount of money. It does not dissapoint, though.

on 1/14/2006 8:26:00 PM

Huge Huge Rave for this acne treatment. The press and chatter are not overblown with this product. It is a lactic acid serum and when combined with a good gylcolic acid regimen, this product can clear even the most stubborn acne. It is lactic acid with some aloe vera and mild preservatives. It is slightly dehydrating so I recommend a light moisturizer over it at night or during the day, under your sunscreen. I love lactic acid for being gentle on the skin but many serums or treatments have alot of emoillents that can aggravate already tempermental skin ( kinara lactic serum comes to mind). ANother good lactic serum is cellularskinrx's but I digress.....this serum has helped clear up a nasty breakout period and does not irritate my very sensitive skin. Renee Rouleau skin advisors don't recommend using this everyday; however, in my acne prone areas I alternate this with my finecea every other night. It has done a good job at shrinking cystic blemishes and preventing new ones (combined with my biomedic cleanser and toner which have low levels of glycolic acid). I think this stuff is amazing and I am ready to order my second bottle!

on 12/28/2005 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this product for a week now and I can honestly say that I am pretty disappointed. While it has helped shrink my cyst, just a tad, it hasn't done anything for the redness or the pain. Since I've only used it for a short time, I will give this product the benefit of the doubt and continue to use it. I will post a follow-up review in a couple of weeks.

on 11/30/2005 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is SOOOO amazing! I put it on at night and the very next a.m. the swelling was GONE as was most of the redness. After another day there was nothing left but a dot! And I'm talking about a big under the skin bump that was really sore. Now I use it as a preventative and have not had pimple since. Between this product and the skin correcting serum, I am break-out free for the first time in years and my sking looks awesome. You can never go wrong with Renee's products, they are not cheap but they are worth it. Not matter what else I try, I always come back to her line. They have the most wonderful feel and smell - but have no perfume, it is just the natural essential oils used in the making of the products. And she uses only the finest and purest oils so they do not upset sensative skin, like mine. If you are ever in Plano, TX you really should try her facials. The cranberrybrasion is awesome - you skin looks great for WEEKS!!! I have never seem anything like it.