Renee Rouleau Anti-cyst treatment

No Image

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Methyl Gluceth-20, Ethyl Lactate, Ethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin

on 7/21/2016 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased their Luxe Mint Cleansing Gel, Skin Recovery Lotion, Anti-Cyst Treatment and their BHA Clarifying Serum. Their products shipped on time, and they have a 45-day return policy. Unfortunately, I didn't see this in time, or I would have returned almost everything except the Anti-Cyst Treatment. However, it only works withing a window of time, when the cyst is just forming (when you feel it surface) and it will somewhat stop it from growing (works better on small cyst rather than large ones). The cleansing gel feels like it does nothing, although it has a nice feel/smell. The lotion and serum smell very medicinal, and the lotion just dissipates after a few hours. I have not given the serum a real chance since I recently have been experiencing cystic breakouts from getting off the pill and I have been treating my skin delicately and carefully. I had high hopes for this product line since it was pricey to ship to Canada and since I had heard so many positive things, but I won't be a returning customer; maybe it's just not for me.

Been using it for more than a month. I'm satisfied with it. The key is -> quickly apply it when you feel there is a cyst acne coming out (you know when it going to come out as you can feel the pain deep inside ).

It wont help much for acne that already have a bump, but if the bump not yet come out,so far it really works for me .

For normal pimples, it not helping much, I'm still using benzyl peroxide for normal pimples.

Will I repurchase ? Yes

on 2/29/2016 5:44:00 PM

I felt a small bump underneath my skin along my jaw line and quickly applied this. Woke up to a huge cystic pimple but I continued to use this as directed in hope that it would help. 2 weeks later it was still there along with another 2 that popped up! So sad I was really hoping this would work for me but it did not!

Works really well, but worked better for me when I would apply it to a forming cyst instead of a full-blown mountain. When I feel a cyst forming I apply 3 times a day and within 24-48 hours the bump has decreased or completely disappeared. This product does work with current cysts much better than salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide as those seemed to dry out my skin. The only downside to this product is the packaging, the bottle is cute but it's glass. After a week of having my first bottle and shattered it on the tile floor. However I did repurchase, so I would recommend this product to anyone dealing with cystic acne!

on 1/4/2016 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am in my 20s and have suffered from cystic acne for about 4 years. I have tried several different face washes and spot treatments that I was not satisfied with and was going to make a dermatologist appointment until I came across this product. I figured okay why not try one more thing. I was skeptical about it because of the price (I'm a Walmart and target shopper so I typically don't spend more than 10 dollars on a product) but I decided to try it anyways. OMG I am so happy with the results! My problem area was my chin and I would always make sure my face was covered with makeup because I was embarrassed with how my skin looked. Since using this anti cyst treatment I feel comfortable without wearing foundation. Even my friends have noticed the huge difference in my skin! I plan on buying another one as soon as this one runs out! (:

I'm still iffy about this product because I'm not sure how consistent the effects of this product are. Three times I've had a cyst buildup to it's rawest form, this product does absolutely nothing. I almost gave up on this treatment until recently I felt a small bump under my chin which I knew was going to form into a red cyst. So I immediately applied this serum. The next day, I didn't feel a growing bump or pain. So I think overall, this product will only work for cysts that are in the pre-stages of turning red and bumpy. Like I said, I don't know if it's a coincidence that this works or if it's really effective. So for now 3/5 Lips

on 10/4/2015 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for about 6 months now. I bought it after getting yet another cyst and being so fed up with having to go to the dermatologist for a cortisone injection ($$$$). I honestly did not expect this to work. BUT it does! I have been using it nightly and sometimes in the morning on all areas that tend to get cysts (nose, chin, jawline) and ... knock on wood ... I have not gotten any big cysts in the time I have been using it. I have sensitive skin and I don't feel like this drys or irritates my skin like some anti-acne products. Although it is a small bottle, I am not even half way through it yet, so it lasts a long time. I do wish it was a little easier to pump as sometimes I inadvertently use more than I'd like. Overall, this is well worth the money and if you suffer from cystic acne, you should at least try it!

Disclaimer: I have also been using the Renee Rouleau Aloe Cleansing Milk along with a sulfur cleanser from my derm and a sulfur mask. Maybe its the combo of all of those things, but I love this product!

on 3/20/2015 12:00:00 PM

I have been using this for about 5 weeks to treat stubborn hormonal acne along my jaw. Previously I was using Rx's Ziana and Epiduo. This Anti-Cyst treatment has outperformed both for my needs. I apply every 1-2 days at night to my whole jaw area, and twice with a q-tip as spot-treatment. It has smoothed my skin, healed flare-ups in a few days, and isn't overly harsh or drying. I am so pleased to put away the prescriptions for this! I also love the glass packaging, however I really sincerely wish it didn't say CYST right on the front. It is off-putting in my shared bathroom.

on 1/12/2015 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am really starting to like this stuff. It doesn't work overnight but if you put it on a soon as you see a cyst forming it really does help. Even putting it on after one has formed does help it heal. Within about 12 hours of wearing it I do feel a difference in size. You need to be diligent about putting it on twice a day for it to work correctly but I found that cysts that would take weeks to even start healing would already half way healed within a few days. The bottle is small but you only need a small drop to cover a cyst. I have even started to use it all over my face for prevention and still on my first bottle that I got a few months ago so it lasts a good while. Would buy again!

2 lippies because this just did not work for me. Mario Badescu's Buffering Lotion is way better and costs less than half the price. I had to ship this all the way from USA (I live in Asia) and the shipping costs + product price was just too much to warrant me buying another bottle. Also, the pump for some reason tends to leak product even though I replace the transparent cap after every use. Product dispensing-wise, I find one pump dispenses too much product for one spot, and I have to consciously use half a pump if I only have 2-3 spots to treat. This thing does not heal cystic acne completely either - I find it just reduces the inflammation temporarily, but the exact same pore will flare up again in a month or two. It's not a long term solution. In addition, it doesn't act as quickly. The cystic acne healed only slightly faster than it would have without any product, but I should add that it did not cause it to be more inflammed like some other reviewers have experienced. Everybody's skin is different - as much as I had hoped this would have been Holy Grail (as it is for many people), it just did not work for me. Will definitely not repurchase.