Clinique color surge butter shine - fresh watermelon

Clinique color surge butter shine - fresh watermelon

4.4

This is a sheer, buttery and pigmented strawberry red. It goes on very bright on the lips, but then after a while, it melts into one's natural lip color. It's one of the most moisturising lippies out there and I was lucky enough to find it in its gwp form at HK$22 at a HK's discount shop.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really pretty, wearable red. As the ladies below stated, it is tempered by a bit of pink. Subtle shimmer, no taste/smell. Lovely buttershine formula. This is definately going to be a great shade for spring/summer! I also adore the packaging. Perfect lipstick!

on 1/2/2006 11:28:00 AM

Never before have I worn lipstick until I tried Buttershine. I've long detested the heavy texture and unnatural look of full-on lipstick so I have always stuck to lipbalm and gloss. But Clinique has really taken the cake with this one!

It's sheer, it's weightless, it's moisturizing and dewy...and that silver bamboo case....

Fresh Watermelon is a luscious pinky-red that instantly brightens the face. I'm wearing this daily now and can't live without it!

on 11/19/2005 11:06:00 PM

Bright pinky-red that goes on glossy and sheer yet gives decent color pay-off. The gel formula leaves my lips very shiny and soft and feels as moisturizing as a lip balm. I prefer bright shades and this was one of two that fit the bill (the other was Ambrosia, an orange) and were recommended by the SA. I love the elegant tube, so pretty. I will definitely purchase other shades in this formula.

Popular Lipsticks