Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.2

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

This is on a par with Mario Badescu's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser for me and is cheaper. It doesn't dry my skin out as much as the lotion, so I could use it more if I wanted to. Keeps my skin clean and minimizes pores.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have combination skin. I really like to use this product in the summer months when I am bit oilier. I find that it is too drying for the winter months. It makes my skin feel so clean. I recommend it for those who are a bit oilier.

on 12/26/2010 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Makes my skin smooth immediately after use. Removes makeup, gentle even on eyes, and deep cleans while lightly exfoliating. The smell is that chemical smell which I hate. There are no granules or scratchy pieces. It exfoliates using glycolic acid, I really recommend this to someone who wants to exfoliate daily, but doesn't want a harsh scrub. I have post acne marks so this, along with the aha souffle and boots glycolic peel, is helping to make them fade. This was about $8 at Ulta.

on 11/10/2010 2:50:00 PM

Great face wash, removes all my makeup including my mascara. When i dry my face there is no makeup left on my towel. i have tried many other producst from this brand and there all great. I definately reccomend it to anyone who easily breaks out with new products

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As other reviewers stated, this is a good basic cleanser. I've been using this for over a year, morning and night. Removes all makeup and mascara (no more raccoon eyes after cleansing!). You will have to follow up with a moisturizer as recommended, but at my age, I don't have a problem with using a moisturizer. Also, the packaging allows you to see how much product you have left. I can't find it at any store, so when drugstore.com has a sale, I'm right there stocking up. Yep, another keeper!

on 11/6/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Great cleanser but not for daily use. It exfoliates a bit much for daily but I love it for a good cleanse. Very refreshing.

on 10/29/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm on my third bottle with plans to purchase more. Having used a variety of cleansers in the past, most having been too drying (though I continue to use Cetaphil for normal/oily skin when in a pinch), I've settled on this one for the time being. Not overly drying or harsh. Removes makeup well enough (though obviously with heavy eye makeup a separate remover works better). Can't complain. Gentle enough for daily use on my sensitive, combo skin. I like it.

Update 08/2011: Still liking this facial soap. Works nicely for washing the entire face since it doesn't irritate my eyes.

Update 01/26/2012: Bought a couple more bottles. Am beginning to stockpile. ;-) It's still a good, gentle daily cleanser, though I have looked into an acne-treatment cleanser to alternate with this foaming face wash. I ordered Zapzyt's acne kit (includes a salicylic acid face wash and two treatment gels) to try after reading positive reviews and will see how that goes. But I have no plans on discontinuing the use of the reviewed face wash. Reasonably priced and effective, just not designed by itself to clear up acne (nor does it cause breakouts on me).

on 9/30/2010 1:56:00 PM

OH my goodness. Never again. I bought this based on the rave reviews on Amazon. It may be OK for people to use, say, a few times per week, but it definitely over-exfoliated my skin to the point of dryness and rough red patches, weird rash-like stuff on my cheeks, pimples and cysts, when I used it twice per day as directed. My face has NEVER looked so bad, to the best of my memory. I kept using it for a week, thinking my skin was purging, but as soon as I stopped using it, my skin starting looking better again, gradually. I think my skin may be sensitive to the alpha hydroxy acids, but ladies with sensitive skin, beware. I think I will stick to products with lactic acid as a more gentle alternative for exfoliation! I learned my lesson!

on 9/8/2010 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

This is a basic cleanser. Affordable but generic. Less oomph than MD forte cleansers but more powerful than cetaphil or any other drug store cleanser. This gets all my layers off easily and I do moisturize afterwards for comfort and for makeup. I like to use this mainly in the mornings to prep the skin for foundation and I will probably pick it up at the local CVS if on sale.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No complaints. The price is low, the cleaning is effective -- nice and sudsy when I lather it in your hands before washing my face -- and I have not experienced any drying or other drawbacks. Not my HG ~ I usually switch up face cleansers whenever need more; it is an innocuous product. I do like the thoughtful packaging that allows me to easily control how much product comes out during use.