Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.2

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 6/13/2011 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I found this to be just an ok cleanser. I see from the reviews that most people love it, but this wasn't the case for me. I have sensitive skin with mild rosacea and a tendancy to get tiny bumps/pimples. Pros: it didn't make me break out and it felt like it was really cleaning my skin. Cons: the smell, even though it's fragrance free it still stinks kinda like cheap plastic and it was a bit too harsh for my sensitive skin. For a cleanser with AHA I prefer Glymed much more. But overall, I think this type of cleanser is just to strong and irritates and dries my skin.

on 6/9/2011 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Alpha Hydox is the BEST KEPT SECRET I know of! I've been using it for 25 yrs and friends now email/txt me to ask what my secret is for looking younger than my 58 real yrs. I have very sensitive skin and AH never bothers it. You only need a pea sized amount, on a gentle face brush. A bottle of the face scrub lasts me about 6mos. It rinses off completely, isn't drying. I use several other of the AH line, also~the price is affordable, the Neoteric website is EZ to use and items arrive promptly and packed well. I hated when WallyWorld stopped carrying the AH line, but am happier that I found that and MORE on the Neoteric website. The body wash is wonderful, too!
You just can't go wrong here!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this with my Olay face brush and it works great. It removes all my make-up, and
I have almost zero visible pores or blackheads after using this for a month. I didn't like the Alpha Hydrox lotion as much because it made my face sting a bit, but this cleaner is gentle, removes everything (foundation, eye-makeup, oilies) and makes my face glow before I even put on moisterizer.

[edit------7/7/11]
My sister recently began breaking out badly with large painful pimples on areas of her face that she never even got acne before (i.e. center of cheeks, between eyebrows.)
I made her use this face wash with my Olay brush and after 2 days half her acne disappeared. Within a week her skin was 80% clear again. I don't think the Alpha Hydrox face wash has any acne fighting ingredients (such as benzoyl peroxide) but it does such a good job of cleansing, I really believe it prevents and clears acne without even needing those ingredients. I can't ask for more from this cleanser!

on 5/18/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for the past two years. If you have oily to normal skin, break out often, and are frustrated with every single department store brand (clean and clear, neutrogena, garbage, whatever else) you need to stop wasting time and try this product out. If it doesn't work, all you lost was $6.99 (at ULTA.) If it works out, you saved yourself a lot of money in the long run.

BE PATIENT! Don't expect things to change overnight. It may take 2-4 weeks for your skin to relax and notice the change. The first few times I used it, I broke out TERRIBLY, but thats probably because my face wasn't used to the new face wash. I gave it some time, and I found a winner!

Unless you are breaking out crazy sores, or having an allergic reaction, anything other than pimples, you shouldn't be worried. Try it out!

on 5/1/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a great find! This cleanser appealed to me because it was inexpensive, fragrance-free, and didn't look like it would dry out my skin. I was afraid it wouldn't cleanse my skin thoroughly enough since I have a T-zone that can get pretty oily. This cleanser left my skin completely clean and soft and no "squeaky" feeling. I highly recommend this product if you have sensitive, acne-prone skin and are using prescription retinoids (Retin-A, Differin, Tazorac, etc.) to treat acne. Also a good cleanser to consider for any skin type, really.

Love, Love, Love. This is the best face wash I have ever used. I have recommended, and continue to recommend, to many people.

This product is wonderful--it's pH balanced, soap free and doesn't irritate my skin. I heard you should be gentle with your skin especially if you have acne, and I've been taking that advice to heart. I use this cleanser by taking a dime-sized amount, lathering it up and massaging it into my skin for about 2 minutes. When I rinse it off, my face feels clean, without stripping off the moisture.

on 2/2/2011 8:54:00 AM

I'm confused.. Where's the foam?? I have been using this face wash for a week now and I try so hard to work up a lather and I never get it. Maybe I bought a defect bottle? Because I can't get the lather I want, I have to wash twice and even after 2 times, my makeup still isn't off! Back on the search for a face wash....

on 1/27/2011 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What I like about Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face wash is that it removes all my makeup. No need to use makeup remover wipes before washing my face. It also doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or striped.

I only use this at night. I use a CeraVe hydrating facial wash in the morning to remove any remotes of my Retin-A and moisturizer from the night before.

The skincare line is called Alpha Hydrox. This cleanser does not include any AHAs even though some reviewers state that it does. You don't need an AHA in your facial cleanser anyway, it just gets washed off. Use their souffle for exfoliating.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

For reference I am 49 yrs old. Combination oily normal. T zone is oily. Have had acne issues all of my life. Fine lines including above the lip. Sun spots and slight to moderate crows feet.

This product does perform as advertised. It cleanses my skin without stripping it. It removes all makeup (excluding waterproof mascara or EL but I use a specific remover for that, Lancome).

I never have to worry about traces of foundation or other makeup being left behind.

Yes I will purchase this again and keep using it. I picked up this last bottle for about 5 US dollars at a local drug store. Good deal and it does work.