Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.2

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

OMG, this stuff is awful!! It left my face feeling and LOOKING parched and after a couple uses I noticed I felt itchiness on my face and was irritated/broken out worse!! I'm not 100% sure what it could be exactly b/c it might be something like the sulfate detergents or it could be the awful urea preservative in this, but either way I'm switching to something else.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really really like this cleanser. It obliterates my makeup and leaves my skin soft and prepared for my nighttime products. I'm not in love with the packaging; I would appreciate a pump, or at least softer plastic. I feel like I'm really getting my makeup and sunscreen off, which is so so important to having healthy skin.

This is a non-irritating cleanser that leaves my combo skin very clean and soft. I find this milder than CeraVe and this product doesn't seem to leave a residue like Olay Sensitive. I'd recommend this cleanser for nearly all skin types except extremely dry. I'm on my second bottle and haven't had any dry patches or breakouts since using this.

NOTE: This product contains NO AHA of any kind. It is just a cleanser from a line that makes AHA products. I'm not sure why some reviewers think there's any kind of glycolic acid in this cleanser. It isn't in the ingredients or product description, and personally, I've seen no exfoliation from this product.

on 7/12/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because Ulta was out of the cleanser I went in to buy, and because it has such good reviews. I had been using Cerave Hydrating Cleanser with a Clarisonic Mia. which was fine for removing mineral makeup, but now that I've switched to liquid foundation, I need something a little stronger. This works great both with the Clarsionic and alone. It does have an odd smell though, similar to that of Olay Senstive Skin Wash, and if i get any in my mouth it makes me gag. However, I rather have that then an added fragrance.

The reason I gave this 4 lippies is im not totally crazy about two of the ingredients, the first being sodium laureth sulfate which it doesn't much of but I'd rather it not have it all all, and the other being diazolidinyl urea which is a formaldehyde-releasing preservative that can be very irritating. Because this isn't meant to be left on, its probably ok, but I don't see the point of it being in there if there are already parabens--know they have their own controversy, but they are also the least irritating to the skin. I might buy this again.

on 7/4/2012 3:07:00 PM

I generally have pretty clear skin, but lately I've been dealing with a lot of stress so my skin started to freak out. I bought two bottles of this at drugstore.com because I had read so many good reviews, and thought maybe it could help me with my problems.

I never really have constant acne, so I was looking for something to quell my occasional acne flare ups. I have used an entire bottle of this and at this point I'm not very impressed.While this product seems to leave my skin clean, I haven't really seen a big difference in acne. I still get zits when I'm PMSing or under a lot of stress.

It's a good cleanser, my skin feels soft and clean after using it, I just wish it could have helped me with my problem areas. I think I"ll finish the other bottle (because I hate wasting things, even if they don't work) and continue my search for the perfect cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Excellent cleanser. Removes makeup, sunscreen, and does not dry out or irritate my sensitive skin. Staple in my routine, will continue to repurchase and recommend to others.

For the record, this product does NOT contain glycolic acid, some reviewers previous seem to be confused on that part.

on 6/10/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Its a good, foamy, lathering cream face wash in a pump. I used it with my Clarisonic and found it made my skin more red. Its probably because I was over exfoliating my face. If your going to use this to hand wash your face then it will work nicely, as its very pH balancing & oil free. I find it to be effective even if I use it every other day with my clarisonic and alternate. But for daily use, I had to choose-Clarisonic or AHA face wash, I chose my Clarisonic.

on 6/9/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is just a so-so product for me. It doesn't dry out my skin, but it also does not do a good job of removing my makeup. If you use light makeup or none at all, this would be a decent product for you. It's nothing but glorified soap though....don't buy it thinking it contains AHAs

on 5/21/2012 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this cleanser because I was looking for one that had glycolic acid in it. This does a really good job of removing makeup and extra oils without drying out the skin. The glycolic acid also gently exfoliates the skin. Overall, this is a great cleanser. Only downside is that the bottle is small, so I run out fast.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall a good product. Removes 95% of my makeup, does not irritate my sensitive skin, does not cause breakouts, and it leaves my skin feeling clean. I prefer to use this in the Summer, there are some winter nights it can be slightly drying, but either than that no complaints.