Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 3/16/2008 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great, cheap cleanser. Cleans really well--even after a day of full make-up. I use pretty rich moisturizers so am not as bothered by the dry-ish feeling after. I like my sking to feel clean and this does the trick. I also love how it takes care of minor break-outs almost immediately. By the next day I can see a difference.

on 8/1/2007 11:32:00 PM

I got this FWP from drugstore.com. I already had an ok wash, and was excited to try this too! That night I did the usual, pull my hair back into a bun and put a headband on so my hair wouldnt get wet... anyways - I like the simple bottle very much. I find pumps get full of water if theyre in the shower, so this was just perfect. I wet my face and put a little ithe palm of my hands to make a lather. At this point I noticed the scent, wich isnt too much of anything, kind of smells like Cetaphil cleanser, but not as chemical. It felt smooth on my skin and rinsed off fairly easy. Im always worried i didnt rinse something off completely even though it probably did. i rinsed again with cooler water and looked up at the mirror and i was so happy! My skin looked and felt very clean but not at all stripped. I was a little cautious trying this since my skin can be dry and i do NOT need more dryness!! This dosnt dry me out at all, it leaves a nice smooth clean canvas for your makeup. this my friends, might just prove itself to be HG status for a simple, affordable, soap free cleanser!!

on 6/23/2007 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've only been using this for like a week, but so far so good. I started to break out a little from the Pond's Cold Cream that i had been using so i decided to stop using that and try something new. I searched forever on the boards and in P'ville for something that wouldn't break the bank OR break out my skin. This foaming wash dried out those pimples and they were pretty much gone by the next day. I don't find this product drying as long as you moisturize afterwards. I use Nivea's Moisturizing Toner and then Lubriderm lotion after i use this. It smells HORRIBLE, but for a good cleanser..who cares really. I got this for $6.99 at Ulta which i loved because i don't have to bother ordering it online. I'll update if i start to break out or it dries out my skin. So far though, I LOVE IT!

on 9/10/2006 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this product throughout my 30's when my skin was oilier than it is now (at age 47). It's much too drying for me now though. Would not repurchase for myself, but would recommend highly for combo or oilier skin types.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this after reading the reviews on MUA. I can't get it where I live so I had my boyfriend buy it when he was in the States. I have some redness on cheeks and I have perioral dermatitis and for some reason I thought this would help. This was not good for me. It made my face into a dry, flaky mess! : ( It was extremely drying to my already dry skin, this was not such a good idea. To cure the flakyness, I use nothing but Elizabeth Arden 8-hour cream at night on those dry areas. This is really working for me and my skin is smooth and soft. I also used the aspirin mask for the first time recently and it has also helped a good deal. I will nor purchase again.

on 9/20/2003 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very nice, gentle drugstore cleanser. It's comparable to Olay's Foaming Face Wash. I like both a lot. FYI, this is not one of Alpha Hydrox's AHA products. It's just part of the Alpha Hydrox line. It's their gentle cleanser Alpha Hydrox recommends for use in conjunction with their AHA products.

on 5/16/2003 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very gentle. Smells good. Removes all makeup easily. Leaves my face feeling clean but not dry or tight. Great price too.