Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by age: 25-29
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.2

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 6/15/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This has to be my favorite cleanser to date. It cleases my face throughly, doesnt irritate or cause redness, no tightness, and preps skin for serums and lotion. My skin is soft and supple every morning and evening. This is a great product for people who are using retinol (like me), glycolic acids, salicyclic acids, alpha hyrdroxy acids, or harsher chemical exfoliators. Must have and on sale usually at ulta.

on 5/1/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a great find! This cleanser appealed to me because it was inexpensive, fragrance-free, and didn't look like it would dry out my skin. I was afraid it wouldn't cleanse my skin thoroughly enough since I have a T-zone that can get pretty oily. This cleanser left my skin completely clean and soft and no "squeaky" feeling. I highly recommend this product if you have sensitive, acne-prone skin and are using prescription retinoids (Retin-A, Differin, Tazorac, etc.) to treat acne. Also a good cleanser to consider for any skin type, really.

on 2/2/2011 8:54:00 AM

I'm confused.. Where's the foam?? I have been using this face wash for a week now and I try so hard to work up a lather and I never get it. Maybe I bought a defect bottle? Because I can't get the lather I want, I have to wash twice and even after 2 times, my makeup still isn't off! Back on the search for a face wash....

on 10/29/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm on my third bottle with plans to purchase more. Having used a variety of cleansers in the past, most having been too drying (though I continue to use Cetaphil for normal/oily skin when in a pinch), I've settled on this one for the time being. Not overly drying or harsh. Removes makeup well enough (though obviously with heavy eye makeup a separate remover works better). Can't complain. Gentle enough for daily use on my sensitive, combo skin. I like it.

Update 08/2011: Still liking this facial soap. Works nicely for washing the entire face since it doesn't irritate my eyes.

Update 01/26/2012: Bought a couple more bottles. Am beginning to stockpile. ;-) It's still a good, gentle daily cleanser, though I have looked into an acne-treatment cleanser to alternate with this foaming face wash. I ordered Zapzyt's acne kit (includes a salicylic acid face wash and two treatment gels) to try after reading positive reviews and will see how that goes. But I have no plans on discontinuing the use of the reviewed face wash. Reasonably priced and effective, just not designed by itself to clear up acne (nor does it cause breakouts on me).

on 9/30/2010 1:56:00 PM

OH my goodness. Never again. I bought this based on the rave reviews on Amazon. It may be OK for people to use, say, a few times per week, but it definitely over-exfoliated my skin to the point of dryness and rough red patches, weird rash-like stuff on my cheeks, pimples and cysts, when I used it twice per day as directed. My face has NEVER looked so bad, to the best of my memory. I kept using it for a week, thinking my skin was purging, but as soon as I stopped using it, my skin starting looking better again, gradually. I think my skin may be sensitive to the alpha hydroxy acids, but ladies with sensitive skin, beware. I think I will stick to products with lactic acid as a more gentle alternative for exfoliation! I learned my lesson!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this cleanser. It takes off my make up even my waterproof mascara. It leaves my face clean and so far I am in love with this product. I am acne prone and oily, also decided to start using anti wrinkle products recently so I decided to give Alhpa Hydrox products a try and I am pleased with this stuff, even compared to Philosophy products I have tried in the past.
EDIT: I cannot use it anymore. My face was beginning to get irritated, dry and itchy because I have to use BP I am assuming. I would imagine this would work very well for someone who didn't have acne prone skin or who didn't need BP. I have switched back to cetephil and started using Ponds Cold Cream to remove make up I think I just need something more gentle to cleanse and remove my make up since I use AHA, benzoyl peroxide and retinol. I will still give it a yes to repurchase because it works like it says.

on 12/10/2009 6:24:00 PM

Good basic cleanser that removed all my makeup in one wash. Not expensive and easy to find in my area. This was just too drying for my slightly oily acne prone skin.

on 11/18/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this foaming wash for the past two weeks. So far, so good. It does manage my oily skin and it cleanses well. As a makeup remover, it does the trick; although, I havenít tested it against waterproof eye makeup. The consistency depends on your method of using it. I like to wet my face, shake the excess water out of my hands until they are slightly damp, apply a dime-sized amount of cleanser to my fingertips, rub together in hands, then apply to the face. That will give you a foamy lather (which, in my opinion, works the best for cleansing). The wetter your hands are, the soapier/wetter your lather will be, so I try to avoid that. I havenít seen any evidence of it drying out my skin or breaking me out. Because of the way it specially handles my oilies, I would say that it goes a bit further in effectiveness than Cetaphil and Purpose. And for the price, Alpha Hydrox is pretty incredible (ordered online).

I've looked forever for the right cheap, simple facewash, and I finally found it. I positively love this stuff; it leaves my skin feeling clean and tight, and I literally glow after using it. I will repurchase again and again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combo skin that is mildly acne prone...mostly hormonal.

A few weeks ago, I went to the beach and my friend gave me facial sunscreen...it made me breakout horribly for 2 weeks, with whiteheads, pimples and cystic. I was mortified, didn't want to leave my house...went to sephora, dropped $$$ on Peter Ross (???) products which didn't make much of a different.

Cue Alpha Hydrox.

I live in NYC so didn't think I could get it anywhere... we don't have walmarts or quality drugstores... duane reade is trash. Someone recommended Price Wise and I looked all over, and I was in luck...after 15 minutes of searching.

After 2 weeks, and at the beginning of "that time of the month" (when my skin is normally the worst), my skin looks great.... I use it twice a day and have been so pleased with the results, I'm thinking of buying the other products!