REN Clean Skincare mayblossom and konjac moisturiser

No Image

4.1

on 2/25/2008 8:41:00 PM

I've been using this product for about a month and a half now and have not seen improvements in my skin. I have combination skin: oily t-zone and dry patches on my cheeks. This moisturizer is very light. It does not give me enough moisture to my patches so when trying to apply foundation (Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer) it looks flakey still. I do not recommend this product.

on 2/18/2008 9:08:00 PM

I would ABSOLUTELY buy this product again. It's the perfect moisturizer. Not greasy. Doesn't make my skin feel oily or shiny. Doesn't clog my pores. I have combination skin - which can be dry in patches, and this moisturizer totally takes care of that.

I also like the smell a ton.

In short, best moisturizer ever.... i'm obsessed with this brand!

on 2/16/2008 1:30:00 PM

Non greasy formula, no breakouts in my T-zone. Great for spring/fall. In summer, it melts off of my face. In winters I need a more rich moisturizer for dry skin. My skin feels fresh when I have it on.

on 1/27/2008 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My oily skin is always breaking out but in the winter gets dry and still continues to break out so I needed a moisturizer that hydrates but didnt get greasy. This definitely did it and didn't break me out. As the previous reviewer said it is more of a maintainer than a beautifier which I totally agree with but I think thats what moisturizer really is...I would use REN's masks and other treatments as beautifiers to improve skin and fix problems. What I also love about the whole line is thats its natural and doesnt use those creepy chemicals we dont know too much about. I've started leaning a bit more towards paraben-free products but I have problem skin and need things that work and this really fits the bill b/c all of REN's stuff is amazing! I would recommend this to someone regardless of the natural/paraben-free part though because the line really does work

this moisturizer is good stuff. it rarely makes me break out and keeps my skin smooth and pretty moisturized. Its not my hg or hg material in my opinion - its more of a skin maintainer than a skin beautifier. But try it as I said before its good solid stuff.

on 12/29/2007 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this moisturiser.
Controls oil without leaving a dry or tight feeling.
Gives light hydration in dryer patches, whilst purifying the skin and preventing breakouts.
Extracts from chamomile calm the skin while helping to soothe redness.
I don't like the mayblossom cleanser so i'm using the Leaf & Rusher Green Tea Wash which is AMAZING. :)

I've used this for a few days (sample) but I do like how velvety it feels - not greasy at all and moisturising. It may not be moisturising enough in winter but in normal/warm weather it does a good job at balancing dry and greasy areas. I can't comment yet on its ability to help preventing breakouts but I'd buy the full bottle.

on 11/26/2007 11:25:00 AM

Another Ren product that gets rave reviews from everyone but me. I have only been using this moisturizer for about a week, so I'm going to give it a bit more time, but unfortunately at this point I'm not impressed. It's a nice moisturizer, but in terms of keeping oily skin at bay or doing anything for my blemish prone skin, I have to say that I haven't seen much difference. I'll probably give it a bit more time, but likely this is going back to Sephora along with the Jojoba facial scrub. *Update* I've been using this moisturizer day and night, for about a week. I am starting to like it a bit more. Not HG and probably not moisturizing enough for the colder months ahead, but I'll continue to use for a bit and see what I think. Definitely not enough moisture to use at night- the past two nights I've ended up layering another moisturizer on top as my skin felt parched.

on 11/1/2007 7:39:00 AM

My favourite moisturiser right now. This cream is so light in texture yet somehow it perfectly balances my oily yet dehydrated skin , even with fierce central heating! Also it seems to even my tone and I look so fresh & bright in the mornings which is not usual for me with any treatment/cream so I am very happy with this. Finally, it doesn't block pores and I think it really has helped with spots .

on 9/24/2007 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about a week now and first impressions are excellent.

I am keen on natural skincare and a few months ago got tempted by lovely Liz Earle website to spend a fortune on lots of her products after running out of my usual UK brand Green People (which is pretty great by the way). After a few months of Liz Earle my skin had completely broken out. I have oily acne prone skin anyway and I really wanted to like Liz Earle after reading loads of great reviews, but it made my skin turn just awful. My forehead was a mess of white heads and cysts, and I never normally get spots in that area of my face (usually chin area and some hairline), and my skin was sooo oily!!!

So, after doing more internet research I decided on REN which had great reviews and was available a local department store. I choose the combination skin range - mayblossom and konjac - with the vain hope it would normalise my skin and bought the cleanser and moisturiser.

I have tried so many skin care lines in the past, from clinique, clarins, liz earle, Dr Sebagh, The Organic Pharmacy, and all have not done very much for my pore dermis. As I previously said, I am sticking to natural products, as REN are, and have been pleased with results of some, but they have never seemed to balance my oily bits effectively. Until now......

This moisturised feels very light and refreshing when you apply it and sinks in straight away, leaving skin matt, but comfortably moisturised. What I think is the test of a great moisturiser is how it balances the oil on my face and doesn't leave my MMU cakey and greasy by midday. This really works!!!! WIth make up my skin looks gorgeous and there is very little shine breakthrough. My skin is significantly less oily, which is pretty amazing! I also think it has significantly calmed my skin and helped to clear up my forehead very quickly. I think that natural salicylic acid in it really helps!
All this from an all natural product - I am so far completely sold! Congratulations REN, for making a natural product that really works!