Youngblood Liquid Mineral Foundation

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Glycerin, Reduced Salt Deep Sea Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polyoxyethylene, Methylpolysiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Lauryl PGG/PEG-18/18 Methicone, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Magnolia Biondii Bark Extract, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Propolis Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Thujopsis Dolabrata Branch Extract, Allantoin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Natural Fragrant Essential Oils- Lemon, Orange, Ylang-Ylang). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Can this be any easier to apply? I usually have to carefully apply and then blend-blend-blend. This is one of the easiest makeup products. I have this in shell and have combo skin. I do not need to use a moisturizer with this. I have large pores around my nose area and always use Clinique instant pore perfector before applying this. When I first switched to this, family and friends kept complimenting me on how improved my skin looks. My DH doesn't even know I am wearing foundation. My best tips to use with this are to exfoliate the skin weekly with AHAs/BHAs or a papaya mask; exfoliation helps mineral makeup glide on smoothly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

IMO this is an easier liquid mineral foundation to work with than Jane Iredale or Illuminare. On my LLL skin (n/d w/ rosacea) this spreads fairly easily but 8 hours later, I notice some flakiness emphasized, and some slight pooling in my pores and fine lines so not a homerun. Also had some heavy feeling in the T-Zone while coverage on chin was gone. Coverage overall is on a lighter side so if you have serious coverage needs you're going to need a concealer which I don't usually need with JI. Colors are limited but I found 1 that works on my LLL warm-toned skin: Shell. (For reference: BB sand, Chantecaille vanilla, Lorac M3, LM warm ivory.) I had a time finding this. Went to a spa in my area that supposedly carried but they were phasing out so while I did sample there I had to order online. Price I paid was comparable to JI.

Here are the ingredients: Water, cyclomethicone, titanium dioxide, hexyl laurate, glycerin, polyoxyethylene methylpolysiloxan, dimethicone, vinyl dimethicone, butylene glycol, reduced salt deep sea water, iron oxides, sodium chloride, iron oxides, laurymethiconecopolyol, squalane, cactus flower extract, water, natto gum, green tea extract, sorbitan sesquioleate, butylparaben, methylparaben, calendula flower extract, propylparaben, allantoin, cucumber extract, fragrance, disodium DTA.

Note: Ingredients say fragrance but to my sensitive nose, I smell nothing. Shrug. Also spa told me this had SPF 15 but seems to be unrated per packaging.

I received a generous sampling of this in various colors. Golden Tan was the best color match for my MMM beige/yellow skin. I'm normally a TM girl, or use foundation only where needed, but I really like the idea of a natural, mineral mu. So far, none of the liquid versions have worked for me. This is no exception. Coverage is a little too thick and chalky looking, even after mixing with moisturizer or primer. Settled into every pore and every tiny line on my face, and then some I didn't even know I had until I used this! Blech. I was also a oil slick within 2 hours. While I do have mostly oily skin, I rarely have to blot with my normal TM or mu. Glad I just got samples.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've searched high and low for the perfect foundation/powder and I've found it in Youngblood's Liquid Mineral Foundation. I have dry skin (not severe) and am always looking for something that is gentle, moisturizing, but not too heavy and thick. YB's liquid foundation is sooo wonderful in that it gives you a creamy finish that leaves your skin baby soft, but doesn't feel heavy at all. It has moderate to medium coverage and has a silky smooth and light texture that comes out of a pump. Not to mention it contains ingredients that are beneficial to my skin. I don't even need a very good moisturizer under it to get a nice finish. I'd think people with oilier skin can wear this alone (or with a light moisturizer) and look perfect with it. I cannot compliment this foundation enough. Usually moisturizing foundations with medium coverage give me away as having tons of makeup on (because they're usually heavier), but this looks really natural and doesn't feel icky at all. It is hard to find and is about $37 online, but it's definitely worth it. I've tried soooo many foundations and powders I can open my own version of Sephora. But my search is finally over. I just wish more places would carry this. IMO, this is much better than any Bare Escentuals and Jane Iredale products I've tried.