CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/22/2017 12:25:00 AM

Bought this based on the reviews and seemed like a simple cleansing process. Also I cant use a foaming cleanser so I hoped that this would not cause redness and rashes. I agree it does remove makeup with ease.

Well after a month of use I now have clogged pores and a few cystic acne patches. Its going to take a while to get rid of this congestion on my skin :( Not for ance prone skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my new favourite cleanser! I use this after my Micellar water as an actual face cleanser. It cleans amazingly, and leaves my skin so so soft. It doesn't aggravate any redness either!

AMAZING PRODUCT.

Honestly, my skin is so weird. I would say I have normal skin that tends to get more oily in the summer and drier all other seasons, especially my eyes are dry all year long. I also may be alitle bit oily in the T-zone whenever I happen to be very serious with my skin routine, but still I could not say I have comboskin since it literally is different every month!
So I have found that products for normal to dry skin and only sometimes combo skin work the best for me. BUT I NEVER BUY PRODUCTS for OILY SKIN. I wanted to make that clear for everyone.

Taking all that into consideration, this balm has become an essential part of my skin routine. First of all it actually takes off all of your makeup without having to overly brush your eyes to get off that little bit of annoying mascara that always remains after the first cleanse. Also, even though it always gets in my eyes it never stings or bother me in any way. It causes no irritation at all and it also feels very moisturizing. I believe it helped me a lot to deal with the dryness of my skin, and even when I might get a bit of an oilier forehead it is still my go-to cleanser. But, since I am a fan of korean beuaty skin-care routine, sometimes (depending on my skin needs-situation) I might use another water or gel cleanser after this for a double cleanse. But usually, when I used to only use gel-oil cleansers they woyld always dry out my skin. So the combination of the two is perfect for me.

But as I said, I never buy products and especially not cleansers for oily skin since they dry me out badly. Thus, I do not know if this product feels great on an oily skin.
Of course, if you can even if you have oily skin, I would suggest not being afraid of these more moisturizing cleansers especially in combination with a second cleanser for oily skin. I have recommended many of my friends who have oily skin to try this (using the double cleanse method) and surprisingly it helped them a lot, because the usual oily-skin products tend to absorb not only the oil but all skin's hydration. But of course it did not work for everyone. You need to find out what works best for your skin.

All in all, I will always repurchase this even if it is a bit pricey (holy grail alert). For a cheaper alternative there is a bodyshop chamomile balm, which I have not tested yet but I will very soon. I would recommned this to anyone, except for those with oily skin as I mentioned before.

on 11/1/2017 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my 2nd purchase of this amazing makeup remover. This is a makeup remover - not a full cleanser. I don't know why or how anyone could see this as a full on cleanser. Anyhow, I love this stuff. It does an excellent job of removing makeup, including liquid lipsticks and waterproof mascara. It doesn't leave any film on my eyes and rinses off very easily. I follow this with an actual cleanse using my Mia2 with great results. I prefer balms b/c they travel well and aren't messy like oils. There is no scent with this product. It is pricey but you get what you pay for with this stuff.

on 11/1/2017 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is more of a precleanse then a cleanser. It will help melt makeup off your face. A few issues is that the balm is hard to grab and I end up with a ton of product on my hands. There should be a pump to make it more sanitary too. Didn't last very long at all. Not worth the dough.

on 10/24/2017 11:21:00 AM

I got to say ... this is most likely the best make up remover I ever tried on. I bought it online for € 25 and I have been using it about a week. It's takes off ALL the make up you have on and I can apply in my eyes without worring that it's gonna burn or irritate. This is seriously a good product. Even though it can be expensive (not in my case, I found a good promotion online), it's something that will lasts for a long time and it's worth it, trust me. My skin feels really smooth after applying this product and I have already tried clinique products that caused me really dry skin (and I have sensitive and oily skin). I recommend 100%

on 10/21/2017 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Edit:** Ok, I've used this a while longer, and tested it with a pretty good size sampling of all my makeup. I'm bumping it from 3 to 4 lippies, because I've finally figured out how to get the scratchy mascara bits toned down (not eliminated entirely, though). I was melting this between my fingers and then putting it on my face, leaving it on my eye makeup for a minute and then gently working it around until my makeup melted off. I'm still basically doing that, but I leave it on my eye lashes (after kind of pinching them between fingers covered in this stuff, to coat the top and bottom) while I work it around the rest of my face. After 2-3 minutes, I start on my eyes, and it seems to remove the mascara a bit easier that way.

Also, I know I compared this to coconut oil, but this stuff rinses off SO easily. I still follow up with a mild cleanser, to finish getting rid of my makeup and stuff, but this comes off with just water and no scrubbing or anything, and doesn't leave any weird residue on my skin.

Now that I've used it for 4-6 weeks on and off, I'm seriously considering switching to this. (Partly because my Neutrogena makeup remover lotion has started making my eyes sting really bad, and this stuff doesn't cause any irritation with my eyes or skin.) It's a bit on the pricier side, but I think it might be worth it. I didn't think it would last as long as it has, and it won't last as long as the tubes of Neutrogena have for me, but I'll pay a bit more for something that doesn't leave a residue, cause irritation, or force me to scrub at my eyes.**end of edit**

Meh. I said I wouldn't buy this again, but I'm not sure yet. I got a little one from Ulta a few weeks ago and have used it maybe half a dozen times and I just don't love it. It's not terrible, but I'm going to have to use it with other products to see if I like it more. I bought this partially because of the hype and good reviews, and partially because I wanted an all-purpose makeup remover.

The consistency doesn't bother me because I've used coconut oil to remove my makeup pretty often in the past, but if you don't like oils because of how they feel, maybe skip trying this.

What I do like is how well it removes most of my makeup. It actually does pretty well with my face makeup, eye shadow, and eyebrows. Anything that's left over (if anything is left over) is easily removed with micellar water, toner, or cleanser. Which I use depends mostly on how tired I am when I'm taking off my makeup, but I usually use this, then micellar water or cleanser, then toner. If I just had on BB cream and mascara, I might just use this and then toner.

But mascara and eyeliner? Ugh. It does work, kind of, but it takes forever, irritates my eyes really bad (some of that is from the product, some is the way it breaks down my mascara, which I'm getting to), and my mascara comes off in this sharp grainy bits which then scratches a bit all over my eye area. It also doesn't seem to get all of my mascara and the liner on my upper lash line off, so I end up having to use some of my Neutrogena eye makeup remover to get the rest off. I've tried this with two or three mascaras so far, and two liners. Maybe it's just the products I'm using. If I use something else and the results change, I'll come back and edit this review.

I do like that it doesn't seem to dry out my skin or leave it feeling greasy after I wash it off. That's nice. But I feel like for how little product you get, and how much it takes to get your makeup off, it isn't really worth the price. It would be, possibly, if it did a better job with my eye makeup. There's just not enough product (in the full sized or mini jar) for the price and inefficiency for me to justify switching to this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a difficult person to wow, but this stuff is truly amazing! It's actually the first ever thing that YouTube made me buy.
Recently I've watched Desi Perkins video where she was removing a very heavy black eye makeup using this balm. Definitely, the video wasn't showing everything from beginning till the end without cuts, but it made me wonder if this thing will be able to remove my mascara and eyeliner without leaving the traces of makeup. I went to Ulta and bought a travel size (6.50$ with taxes 0.5oz / 15ml).
OMG this stuff is HG! All my life I struggled with raccoon eyes in the mornings. Not fully raccoon, but some traces were always left, no matter how many products I've used to remove my eye makeup. My lashes were falling out from rubbing, but my makeup was staying on....
This balm:
- it removes my mascara and eyeliner trace free in 30 seconds;
- I don't need to rub it strong into my eyes, very gentle circular motion work perfectly;
- it doesn't leave a residue;
- doesn't dry out my skin;
- I don't need to use any other product to fully remove my makeup. I still go with my regular face wash all over the face afterward, and I use Clinique balm on my eyes only, since my face makeup is minimal.
- my eyes are very sensitive and I can use.

This stuff is amazing! try it you won't regret!
If you're planning to use it on your eyes only travel size is should be enough for 6 months before it will expire.

Update: it does perfectly remove my eye makeup, but I can barely see during next 10 minutes. After several months of use, I'm done with it, I don't think to have a 'clouded' eyes worth full makeup removal at once. I've also tried to use it all over the face and ended up with terrible breakouts.

This thing is pricey if you see it just from the price point, BUT with the amount of product that you get and a little bit goes such a long way to clean stubborn yet wonderful makeup. No matter how many layers of products that I have on, cleaning it with this balm is such a joy. Usually I will be just putting 5 dots on my face and massage the balm thoroughly even to my eyes. Wipe it off with some tissue and as final check, I take a cotton pad and soak it in Bioderma Micellar Water. Then I wash my face, and voilaaaaa.... fresh face, ready for bed. Such an amazing product! I will definitely repurchase!

on 10/16/2017 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had to try this because of the hype around it - seemed like everyone else had tried it and so many have it as a favorite makeup remover. To me, this is not the best thing I've ever tried (which is the RealArt Perfect Cleansing Oil), but it works well.

This is a white balm with a texture very similar to coconut oil when it is in its non-liquid form. When you scoop some of this out, it also has the same consistency as coconut oil, and even smells similar, but weaker. However, this is much more effective at melting makeup, IMO, and rinses off much easier. When you rub this between your hands, it liquefies as it heats up. Then you just apply this n your dry face and rub it around till your makeup is dissolved, and then wash it off with water - it then turns into a milky substance, just as liquid oil cleansers. Then I always follow up with a foaming cleanser to remove the last traces of makeup and dirt

This is not my favorite cleanser because of the the jar packaging - I'm not into dipping my fingers in it twice, which is even worse if I already have dissolved makeup on my hands and suddenly notice that I used too little of the cleansing balm. I would like this to have a scooper-spoon or something, so I wouldn't need to dig around in it with my fingers. I would repurchase this, but only for the purpose of travel, when I want to have a cleanser with me that is not liquid. Otherwise, I prefer oil cleansers, and have already found one that is cheaper than Clinique's cleansers, which I find to be on the more expensive side. If I found another balm cleanser that was cheaper, I would probably buy that instead of the Clinique one

Otherwise, this does not aggravate my sensitive skin and doesn't dry me out