CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Holy cow balls, this gooe is a dream come true!! And I thought I was finished with Clinique! Holy grail product for me, don’t think I will ever switch from this.

I read that many feel a film on their skin after washing it off - my tip is to use slightly warmer water! I have gotten that feeling once and it’s because you use very cold water. This solidify at cold temperatures! 😶

Goes on like coconut oil but a bit more slippery. Great for a lil face massage as skin won’t pull one bit. Removes everything and leaves my skin super duper soft, but most amazingly it leaves my eyes feeling great too! It doesn’t dry out the eyes in fact it feels great for my eyes! I suffer from dry eyes and this baby makes them moist for hours! I wake up and my eyes look brighter when I use this !! I am in love! 😭

I love that they use borage oil it’s premium for moisturizing and really high grade! Thumbs up Clinique!!

However could you put a damn peel inside the pot or at least put it in a little box? I am terrified that someone nasty have poked their fingers in the product!

This stuff is not very good. It doesn't take off my matte lipsticks! And if I wanted to use my fingers to rub my makeup off, I could just use coconut oil. And it would be better for my skin. This was a waste of $29!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is my holy grail for removing waterproof or stubborn makeup. Seriously. I've never found another product that melts away waterproof mascara and eyeliner like this one.

I don't love the jar packaging, but given the almost-solid consistency at room temperature, I suppose there isn't really another way. I like someone else's suggestion of a stick format, but it's probably not solid enough for that.

I scoop a tiny bit of this with a clean finger and apply it directly to my eyelid or lashes and rub (very gently!). Then I soak a cotton pad with micellar water and gently wipe everything away. Magic! It doesn't burn or sting, even though I've definitely gotten some in my eye before.

It also lasts FOREVER. I got a deluxe sample from Sephora (15ml) 10 months ago and I'm only 3/4 through it. Granted, I only use it for the eye area, but I do use it every single day. I might start using this for the full face as part of a double cleanse since it's so good!

I love this. To get the same effect, I normally use an eye makeup remover, micellar water and a milk cleanser to get all my makeup off and wash my face. I picked this up at the airport because I wanted something compact that I could use to take off my makeup in my seat without needing water or an extra trip to the bathroom. I rubbed this all over my face and wiped it off with Ole Henriksen cleansing wipes, and my skin was completely clean and soft. Since then, I've been using this every night and i just love how soft my face feels. The only downside is that I don't love having to dip my hands into a jar to get the balm out. They should figure out a better packaging solution for makeup melting balms (ie. maybe a stick form). This saves a lot of time and products leaving your skin soft and hydrated, I really like this a lot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this! I have combination sensitive and acne prone skin. this takes off the dirt and makeup completely. it leaves my skin moisturized and takes off waterproof mascara. it just leaves a residue or a white film when i clean my eyes using this so it's really hard to see cause of the blurry vision. just rinse it off right away and you'll be fine. my skin also adjusted to this for a wk. wish it comes with a spatula. highly recommended. here is my full review http://brushstrokesandlullabies.blogspot.com/2017/03/hg-cleanser.html

on 2/19/2018 4:14:00 PM

I fell down a rabbit hole of double cleansing and wanted something to precede my HG cetaphil and after reading a lot of reviews I decided on this. I began my new skincare routine by using this to remove makeup and then Cetaphil for the second cleanse, followed by Kiehl's alcohol free cucumber toner and Clinique's dramatically different moisturiser. This was the only new product added to my regimen.

My first impressions were somewhat positive, it removed my mascara (Benefit They're Real - notoriously hard to remove) easily and didn't burn my skin, however when I removed my mascara it left a greasy film over my eyes for about 10 minutes. The next time I used it I simply held the balm over my eyes to almost 'melt' it off as opposed to rubbing and this prevented the greasy film, so I was much happier. I carried on using this product for about 3 weeks until I noticed a build up of what I have since learned to be closed comedones all over my chin. I've never had a problem with CCs before, so this was new for me. As this was the only new addition to my routine I immediately stopped using it and have now been tackling my current CC problem ever since.

My makeup removing experience with this product was purely positive, I never had any remaining makeup on my cotton pad when toning, but the closed comedones really ruined my overall experience as clogged pores were not something I was hoping for. In hindsight, I may have been overly optimistic choosing an oily balm to remove makeup from my combination-oily skin.

The product itself is a thick balm (as it says on the tin) and I found myself having to swipe quite firmly to remove it from the container. It spreads quickly across the face and a little goes a long way. I understand that scents in skincare aren't necessarily a good thing, but this smells somewhat similar to grease so I personally would have preferred a slight, subtle scent to remind myself I wasn't slathering kitchen grease on my face!

In terms of packaging, I'm not a fan of having to scoop product out of a container, as this can be unhygienic (although if you wash your hands first it's never that much of a problem) and it's quite a bulky container, but it looks pretty on a bathroom shelf! The product itself is quite expensive but I imagine it will last a long time as only a small amount is actually required to thoroughly remove all makeup.

I would recommend this to people with drier skin and those that don't commonly have problems with clogged pores, but this isn't the cleanser for me, so purely due to me personal experience I have given 2 lipsticks.

on 2/15/2018 4:08:00 PM

Absolutely love it. Have tried many and always end up returning to this one. Have very sensitive skin and this removes all make up without drying it out or being too aggressive.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this. I have tried cleansing balms in the past but have given up on them since although they work wonderfully to remove makeup, they always leave a film over my eyeballs that makes me see blurry. Sadly this Clinique one also caused this issue. It also didn't remove all traces of makeup. I still had to go in with my eye makeup remover with a Q-Tip afterwards to remove my mascara. Overall, wouldn't purchase.

Really broke out my chin :( I already know my chin can't handle oils of any kind but wanted to keep faith cause this takes off makeup so easily. Didn't work for me.

on 1/11/2018 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

So a bit of background, I have super sensitive, dry/combination skin, acne prone skin. I know from trial and error that i seem to be sensitive to dimethicone among other things. I can't use most products without getting itchy little angry bumps across my forehead and cheeks, but not with this. This product is so neutral and it does the job. I wear heavy makeup daily and this usually cleanse with this before i go in with Kiehl's cucumber herbal conditioning cleanser, but even without the second cleanse, all my makeup is gone after one wash. The only thing I don't like about this is that it comes in a pot and I have to dip my finger in it. I suppose the balm is too thick for a pump anyway. I've used this a little over two weeks now and haven't had a single breakout nor does my skin tingle after use like it usually does when my face doesn't like a product. It's pretty amazing

Ingredients:
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water / Aqua / Eau, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol.