CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 5/17/2017 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My skin type: oily/combination with occasional breakout, tolerates most products well

My overall opinion of this product: absolute disaster

Ladies, if you have even the slightest hint of skin congestion, I would strongly recommend that you do not purchase this product.

I can use most serum/moisturisers/balms/lotions without issue, but after a week of using this every night before cleansing I had four Mt-Everest-sized pimples on my cheeks, despite using a thorough cleanser afterwards for 'residue'.

There are so many other products that will remove your makeup AND keep your skin clear (i.e. Clarins cleansing oil).

Don't waste your time or money with this one!

on 5/14/2017 4:09:00 PM

Thank God they brought this back!

The makeup remover I have been looking for all of my makeup life.
Pros: completely removes all cosmetics and sunscreen, including long-wearing and waterproof formulations, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, never burns eyes. Non-drying, has not caused any breakouts or rashes.
Cons: $29 may be quite pricey for some

Does exactly what it says it will, never stings or irritates, taking off make-up is a breeze.

on 4/30/2017 11:04:00 AM

Ok, my first review in I don't know how many years, this is how much this product has wrecked my skin.

My skin has been mostly ok with a basic routine of LRP and Avene products, a Skinceuticals sunscreen and retinaldehyde as an anti-aging/acne treatment, but I was never too happy about the performance of my cleansers and since the sunscreen is partly physical I thought I needed something stronger to remove it.

After a constant mantra and barrage of "double cleansing" and "you need oil to remove sunscreen" on the SCB and a number of beauty blogs I got suckered in by all the raves from people with sensitive and dry skin for this and somehow ignored all the one star reviews that had their skin utterly destroyed by this cleanser. I really wanted this product to work and to believe that I had found the magic cleanser, one that was completely non-irritating yet effective in removing any trace of sunscreen and make-up and yet non-sensitizing and able to keep my complexion crystal clear, if I used it as part of a double cleansing routine.

So unlike I would usually do, I didn't get a sample first, but greedily ordered this online and ignored the redness, unevenness and dehydration after the first use but finally threw in the towel (literally) after three attempts with this. My skin is completely dehydrated and blotchy from irritation now and in the worst condition it has been in years, I'm guessing it's Avene to the rescue.

I did use it correctly and did follow up with a cleanser I knew didn't irritate me, but even that cleanser stung when I applied it after rinsing the TTDO balm which it never did before, guess my skin barrier was already compromised.

on 4/25/2017 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Outstanding first step cleanser for removing makeup and being gentle on the skin at the same time. It comes as a waxy consistency which turns to an oily cleanser when applied to your face. There is no residue after rinsing away with water, just clean, soft skin. It is perfect for sensitive and reactive skin types like mine. One of my holy grail products.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Absolutely love this product. I've just started on a 18 step skincare routine and this is my step 1. It's a beautiful product that really cleans your skin without stripping it. It feels luxurious the packaging is beautiful. It's brilliant value for money. I'm very happy with this product. May not be so great for oiley skin although if you double cleanse it shouldn't be a problem I imagine. Great if you are normal to dry. I will repurchase again and again.

Holy grail balm cleanser. Takes everything off. So gentle. Does not dry out skin. Does not irritate. Does not cause breakouts (and I have acne prone skin). If you have tried the evil Emma Hardie cleansing balm recommended by Caroline Hurons and ended up with massive breakouts and painful skin, don't fear Clinique - it is everything your dreamed of in a balm cleanser and it won't destroy your skin ever. I would cry if they ever discontinued this. Do not trust any other balm cleanser after my Emma Hardie nightmare.

on 4/14/2017 4:56:00 PM

Best cleanser ever! Breaks down everything on my face, even thick layers of mascara without any problem. Does not irritate, break out or dry out my skin. Leaves the skin glowing, but not greasy afterwards. I totally love this stuff.

on 4/13/2017 1:26:00 PM

Pros: cleans effectively without feeling greasy, doesn't irritate or broke out my sensitive combo skin, can be used for the entire face including eyes, removes waterproof makeup, fragrance free, Cons: my face feels uncomfortably tight after towel dry.

on 4/9/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Already bought it again two more times. Best makeup remover. Doesn't make my skin oily nor break me out. No need to double cleanse after using this if you don't feel like it.