CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/8/2019 2:44:00 AM

Takes off all my make-up without any irritation. I do use a cleanser afterward to get all the balm off.

Very good at cleaning the skin. Nothing is left. However it was *extremely* drying on my dry sensitive skin. It didn’t cause any immediate irritation however. I don’t know if this would cause me to breakout or give me clogged pores as I have only used it 4 times. It is probably one of the most drying cleansers I have ever tried.

I had the same reaction with Clinique Take the day off cleansing oil, so maybe my skin just doesn’t do well with cleansing oils and balms. I will go back to using Bioderma Sensibio H20 micellar water which although it takes longer to clean the skin and not quite as gentle as this (but still fairly gentle) it isn’t drying.

I will not repurchase this, but I’m glad that I tried it.

I suffer from constant breakouts and oily skin. This product earns many great reviews claiming that it never breaks them out, which ultimately led me to use it for a couple of weeks. However, i realised that my skin had become extremely bumpier and disgusting whiteheads and pustules started forming. I suggest people with sensitive clogged-prone skin to stay away. It’s not worth your money.

on 1/25/2019 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Meh... not sure how I feel about this product... I was never into double cleansing, but I figured I would just give this balm a try!
I find that I have to rub quite a bit in order to get my mascara off with this... if I use too little, it doesn’t feel comfortable and doesn’t remove makeup well, and if I use a decent amount in order for it to work properly, my vision gets foggy...
I don’t hate it but don’t love either. Don’t think I’ll be repurchasing this one!

Clinique 'Take the Day Off' cleansing balm is brilliant if you want a unscented and fuss-free cleanser. It comes in solid form that melts into an oil with the heat of your hands. I enjoy giving myself a lil facial massage whilst using this :)
I use this as my first step if I'm double cleansing after wearing heavier makeup or feeling congested. I personally always like to follow up with a 2nd cleanser. It removes all my facial makeup perfectly with a muslin cloth.
I took a lippie off as this doesn't work as an eye makeup remover for me, I have to scrub pretty hard to get mascara off plus it makes my eyes blurry AF. In general though, I always use a separate eye makeup remover so it's not a deal breaker for me.
Overall, if you want a fragrance-free, non-comedogenic and basic-no frills cleansing balm, I highly recommend.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros
- melts nicely
- rinses off well

Cons
- doesn't last me very long
- expensive for the amount you get and how long it lasts
- not significantly better than good old coconut oil, although it is nice to switch it up a bit

Overall
- nice indulgence but not worth it. Prefer farmacy cleansing balm (which is unfortunately more expensive and less product) and coconut or other oil to this one.
- worth trying since its not bad if you're interested in cleansing balms

Im debating repurchasing because it because Ive grown accustomed to it in the process of using up the jar i initially bought. ..

DUPE ALERT
I've heard the Body Shop Chamomile cleanser is a much cheaper dupe to this one. Havent tried it yet but I probably will

on 12/5/2018 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I’ve always known to double cleanse, years before Micellar Water and stuff was invented. Intuitive!!!! It just makes sense if wearing all this crap (not even eye — face: spf is hard to remove, add some maybe long wear foundation/concealer to that, and your hopefully mild pH balanced cleanser ain’t gonna get the job done). My actual first time w using an oil was some 8-ish years ago I don’t even know if still exists — it was a cleansing oil by Nude. So then I tried everything from wipes (irritating & drying) to balms to reg oils to designated cleansing oils to the micellar waters (bleh I needs me some grease). I like a balm or oil cuz I have dry skin and I like how it breaks down ALLLL.

Anyways I used Clinique >20 years ago... I just started to enjoy some (very limited admittedly) products again at 39 and this is #1 of those — dare I say it’s my abso fave HG first cleanse?! After allllll I’ve tried which is like literary every single one?! Idk what it is... I love it so so much. I love the look of it, reaching into jar, scooping the stuff out (ESPECIALLY a brand new one! Up there w breaking a creme brûlée!) and emulsifying the balm to a thick oil that takes. Off. EVERYTHING!!! It never ever burns me, even if I’ve been overzealous with acid exfoliation or tret.... soothing always. No scent. It’s a very very effective yet enjoyable (in a sensory way, for me anyway) remover of all things. My 2 HG regular 2nd (or am alone) cleansers are Clinique EXTRA mild (pH of 5 correct me if I’m wrong), and the way less spendy (and weirdly in body wash aisle at least at my rite aid) Eucerin pH5 for face and body. Idc about pH of my body cleanser as I only (in cold weather) wash my dry limbs occasionally or I am a scaly lizard. Maybe some dry brushing and heavy moisture. I use more deodorizing washes for my ‘parts’ that get a thorough washing 2/day. You know what I’m referring to don’t make me say it. Hands constantly washed (APPLY & REAPPLY SPF if u do all your actives on your French Face like me). Face well I think we know I’m one of the skincare obsessed so...

If u break out I do not know what to tell you, they’ll always give a sample!! I do anti-aging skincare only. If you’re not double cleansing at night yet, get with the progrum, would ya? Even if ya don’t wear makeup... I KNOW youre ALL using spf 365 so get that shite off! I’ve bought many and will continue!

on 11/23/2018 10:46:00 PM

I am a Clinique girl. Love their cosmetics and skincare. This product however was a big disaster. It really irritates my eyes. My eyes hate this product. Also my skin breaks out in tiny little bumps when I use it. It’s a big pass for me. I prefer take the day off lids lashes and lips for my eye makeup remover and the pink rinse off foaming cleanser for my face makeup remover.

on 11/23/2018 1:28:00 PM

I came across this product recently and its been three months i am using this product...i have a very sensitive skin with breakouts at times and rashes but this product helps me to cleanse of my face without developing rashes and also its very hydrating and smooth. The packaging is very attractive and one jar goes a long way. Loved this product. Its better than makeup removers

on 11/16/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've tried this when I've gotten sample jars of it in GWPs. I did not care for it, although, I've yet to find any of the take the day off's that I've really loved, this one being the least.

The balm is intended to be used dry and rubbed dry onto a makeup-wearing face. This will emulsify into a thinner oil and remove makeup in the process of rubbing it into your skin. I found that it rinsed away decently enough, but it left the most disorienting film across your eyes that makes everything blurry. It doesn't burn (thankfully) but I did not care for it. It removed most of my makeup without excessive rubbing. I do not believe this caused any breakouts.

I did not care for the product at this price being in a jar as it is easy to scoop out far more than you need, and you can't really put the balm back into the jar afterwards (you can, but it would look rather disgusting).