Lancôme Color Design

Lancôme Color Design

4.2

the colors are nice. but you have to layer them to get an intense effect. and no amount of primer will keep the shadow from creasing. i get about 2 hrs of wear before it creases or just smears off. and iv used differnt primers with it.

was to expensive for what it is in my opinion.

This eyeshadow was ok. It wasn't great and it wasn't bad. Not very pigmented. Some of the colours are gorgeous though! I love the metalic colurs though beacuse they're really pretty and are pigmented than other colours. Overall it went on smooth, colour was ok and lasts for a few hours without a primer.

on 11/14/2007 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My eyecolor: brown-green

(colors; gorgeous gold and turquoise)
Great texture, great pigmentation, wonderful shades and easily blendable.

UPDATE 13/5-08
My eyelids tend to grease up, and make every eyeshadow crease on me, and i use the UDPP to prevent this now. With this, the eyeshadow lasts forever!

on 11/10/2007 12:40:00 AM

This is the Color Design Cool Pallette with Blues. I had high hopes for this pallete because it looked so gorgeous. However, some of the shades are just chalky and very light - no well pigmented.This includes Best Dressed and Personal Style, which got ok reviews on their own. The only way these shades stand out are when used wet, and that makes them fairly intense. Maybe I need a different primer, but even the SA admitted that they were hadrd to work with. These two are also a bit gritty. I haven't even touched some of the matte ones! Thank goodness I had the sense to buy on eBay and not spend the big bucks. I would definitely have returned it.
Overall for me, a disappointment.

on 10/16/2007 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I have this in two colours and I wear it with the Ombre Perfecteur Perfecting eyeshadow base by Lancome and the colour comes out true and stays strong and crease free all day. I purchased Designer first which is a metallic sage green and is one of the most stunning green eyeshadows I have ever purchased. So I purchased Couture later which they have as an intense shade. This is a matte dark brown which doesn't look overly exciting in the pan but on the eyes is so pretty. I have light eyes and both of these colours make them pop. I love them both because the can be worn during then day, have high pigment and both can build easily to become dramatic.

on 10/14/2007 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've always been a MAC-addict but lately, I've really been getting into Lancome. I really like the texture of these eye shadows and I find myself buying these over MAC and other brands more often. My favorite colors are Strut, Garment, and Latte.

I have this in several shades, Suntouched and Impress being my favorites, and it's a fabulous eyeshadow. It's soft and silky, yet it stays in place all day. Lancome eyeshadows used to be pretty dry, but this one isn't. The snap-open comapact is a fun addition to the product.

on 9/10/2007 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have these in Trendy (deep matte purple) and Personal Style (shimmery silver blue) and they both look great on their own or with each other.

The pigmentation isn't as good as other brands, say MAC, even though its more expensive ($15 to MAC's $14) so I doubt I'll repurchase.

The colors blend fairly easily and it's easily to layer them to create a more rich and intense look. With a good primer (I use UDPP), they lasted all day. no touch-ups needed! even through a sweaty workout. Impressive :)

on 7/24/2007 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have a few of these and I have to say that Luring is probably my favorite. It took me forever to get that shade because everywhere I went it was out of stock! Overall, these are a vast improvement on Lancome eye shadows... not nearly as chalky or likely to crease as the old lines and very versatile with much mroe interesting and pigmented colors. Job well done!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My HG eyeshadow! I put this on after using Urban Decay Shadow Primer and it stays put all day. Looks freshly applied, no fading, just perfect! I'm assuming it's a mixture of the quality of the shadow and the primer together! Both are great products!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! The colors are beautiful too and it's very pigmented so a little goes a long way! :)