MAC Veluxe Pearl - Twinks

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Twinks
MAC Sensualize vs Twinks

4.6

on 1/7/2011 10:13:00 AM

i dont love it enough to repurchase. to me its just another brown.. im a total neutral eye girl and well i can see that i have similar browns like this in my collection. i dont actually reach for this eye shadow much, but its pretty paired with macs all that glitters eye shadow. i do however love the finish of this :) but to me its just another brown. that i wont be repurchasing. seeing as i dont reach for it often.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is one of my absolute favorite e/s in my entire stash. Twinks is so beautiful and pigmented. The color is a brown base with red, plum and gold tones running wild through it. I must be drawn to this color because I found out I have "an almost" dupe of it which is NYX Volcano. Both have the same color scheme but NYX is a smidge more on the brown side however, both show up the same on the eye. I have warm dark brown eyes and I love using Twinks as the outer v smoke out color when doing a more subtle smokey eye.

on 11/30/2010 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Twinks is a lovely reddish, brownish color that is similar to satin taupe in intensity and texture. In fact, it's kind of my more colorful version of my satin taupe eye. I've used it with Retrospek, Vex and Tempting (not all together) and like most MAC shadows it can be a wash of color or darker and bolder depending on how you pack it on. I'm more cool toned but it works on me.

One other thing, this is another MAC shadow that you can't judge by looking at the pan. Swatch it to see how pretty it actually looks when applied!

on 11/24/2010 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Twinks is the most gorgeous deep plum. It's a veluxe pearl so it has a wonderful texture and it's very blendable. I use it in the crease or outer corner. It's become my everyday shadow. I have blue green eyes and it really brings out the green.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Twinks is a shimmery brown shadow with a hint of burgundy. It appears darker in the pan than it does on, which was a bit disappointing for me because I was looking for a deeper shade. It is pretty pigmented but I wasn't totally blown away, again because I wanted it to be stronger and deeper and instead it was just a more medium tone. However it is very smooth and blends easily.

on 11/7/2010 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

There is something a bit mysterious to this color. When I put it on, it shows up at this multi layered sort of tone, that looks a fair bit different in all different forms of light, and shading. Every time I move in the mirror, is seems to be subtly, yet clearly noticeably, changing colors. Now I don't just mean tone, but actually appearing as totally different colors, which all have a unique hue behind them.

I wasn't a fan of how the color looks in the pan, but because of the overwhelming number of positive views, I thought I would try it. Luckily, it did not look like it does in the pot, when I put it on. The uniquely changing color, is why I love it. Secondly, because it blends very nicely, and I can easily control how sheer or opaque I want it. However, I took off one point, just because there are a lot of colors that suit me better. So this is something I wear, when I'm wanting to express unstable feelings, or rapidly changing thoughts.

on 10/30/2010 9:40:00 AM

This color is so beautiful. It compliments brown eye very well. It's my staple color. Love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this color. It's a brown/ dark cranberry mauve color. It is great for everyday wear or night time. I wore it without any primer and it barely creased at all. The color is beautiful. I doubt I will have to buy this again for years there is a lot of product in the case. This was my first Mac shadow and it's definitly a staple. Can't wait to try other colors.

on 10/21/2010 3:02:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow color! The intensity is very nice and the texture is smooth. I actually wear this as my everyday color. I use MAC's Indianwood paintpot as a base and Twinks in my outer V and crease area and the color is just amazing. Sometimes when I want to "bump it up" a bit, I apply some gold colored eyeshadow on my inner 1/3 of the lid and it pairs so well! I have hit pan on one pot already and am working through my second :) reference: I am NC40 in Studio Fix Fluid foundation.

on 10/16/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

On my skin (C5/NC42) Twinks is almost identical to MAC's Sensualize (LE). A fact that I wish I knew before I swapped for Sensualize, having already owned Twinks. The only difference that I can see between the two is that Twinks is a tad darker/warmer & Sensualize has silver glitters (which are very easily swiped away). So IMO, if you own one, there is absolutely no need to get the other.