Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

Mane 'n Tail Shampoo
ShampooShampooShampoo

3.6

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 1/13/2016 2:38:00 PM

Do not use this shampoo! I read about this shampoo a while back, After seeing the shampoo and conditioner at Target each for $6.00 I decided to give it a go. I have long, thick hair and I would like to grow it out more if possible.

First of all, the consistency of the shampoo is almost gelatin-like so it is super hard to get enough product in your hair and lathering it just takes so much muscle power and time... time which I do not have to waste! The conditioner is like any other. It did an alright job at de-tangling, but nothing that blew me away. The next morning I woke up with a damn birds nest on my head. My hair had never been drier, The ends felt very brittle and to top it off it made my scalp itch, I think I may have some sort of allergy to this product. I gave it one more shot and used it again a few days later and the same issue happened again.

I gave the rest of the bottle to my coworker to try and she experienced the same issue with the dry hair. Yes, its a cheap shampoo, but its worth spending more and getting a decent product that makes your hair vibrant, silky and healthy. There is a reason this is horse shampoo... it should ONLY be used on horses and NOT human hair!

STAY AWAY!

on 1/11/2016 10:44:00 PM

Only problem, my hair stylist said it should not be used for dyed hair colors because it strips the color, but other than that it's good for your hair

I have very frizzy and wavy hair (not really curly but definitely not straight) with a lot of volume, and this product was fine in terms of not being overly drying to my hair even though I shampoo and condition everyday. However, I began breaking out on my back and neck and didn't realize this was the cause until I ran out and had to use my mother's Redken. Almost immediately after switching I noticed fewer breakouts and after about 2 months my back is finally most of the way cleared up. This doesn't appear to happen to many people though, and usually my skin is not acne prone, but this product gave me some serious problems for whatever reason so beware.

on 12/30/2015 9:32:00 PM

I have thick curly/wavy hair and struggled with finding the right shampoo for me. Every shampoo I used would leave my hair frizzy and dry, so I had to straighten my hair every single day. I decided to try mane and tail as a suggestion from my aunt who also has curly hair and im so glad i listened to her. After the first use my hair already felt soft and my natural curls were more defined(no frizz). I use more shampoo than conditioner just so my hair doesn't get oily quickly and I truly believe this shampoo saved my hair. Better yet, I havent touched a straightener in over a month, so my hair is back to being healthy.

on 12/23/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I actually was pleasantly surprised with this shampoo and conditioner. I have A LOT of hair and it's constantly falling off. When I use this, I noticed my hair wouldn't fall off as much and it also felt "stronger" and thicker. It doesn't have much of a smell to it too, which is great for people that like that. This shampoo is also inexpensive and I would absolutely recommend this. My mom and sister also really liked this product!

on 11/18/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was recommended by my hair stylist, price was good, results R what I was looking for..used it for a month or so..reading the label, it said to keep away from mucus membrane..ie mouth, eyes and nose..got what I thought was a cold, realizing, if this is a cold, how come my husband never caught it from me..my nose was raw, eyes red..and a cough that was horrific, lasting much longer than it should have...It is my belief that this shampoo irritated my throat and nose..my nose was raw, and every time I shampooed, I could taste it, and smell it !..I am NOT going to recommend this..after almost 3 weeks with a " COLD ", I have come to realize THIS was the cause of my condition !!

on 11/5/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I liked this shampoo and I would use it every time I would wash my hair but overtime it gave me dandruff. It would also make my hair dry and frizzy. When I stopped using it I eventually got rid of my dandruff with the Head and Shoulders shampoo. It's nice that it would make my hair shiny and it would never make my hair greasy. It cleaned my hair really well. Now I still use it sometimes. I have the huge bottle and it lasts forever. If you have dry hair, I wouldn't recommend this. Only if you have a very hydrating conditioner to use it with. I wasn't a big fan of the Main 'n Tail conditioner that I got with it. Its not a good balance because the conditioner wouldn't hydrate my hair after the drying shampoo. I would not use it everyday because it dried out my scalp.

Good shampoo but if you use it too often it makes your hair dryer and brittle. I like to buy the small bottle on occasion to mix it up but would never consider making it a permanent addition

on 11/2/2015 8:21:00 PM

A woman recommended this because I'm growing my hair and I like to clarify.
I still love Suave Sea Mineral but I have to say, this is just as good. The fragrance is really light, it has no silicones, it cleans "deep down" as promised, and my scalp is SUPER CLEAN.
Ok: the consistency is a little odd--pearly but runny--but the cleansing power is very strong. It will leave your hair somewhat dry BUT if you need to get the gunk out or have oily skin, it works. Just use a good conditioner.
EDIT: 1/8 Went back to this in rotation with PM tea tree. I love that light, barely there fragrance. Large bottles are great. Small bottles are perfect for travel. I stopped using Suave because my hair didn't really feel as clean.
EDIT: 6/4 After another break, I went back again. I missed the fragrance and deep cleaning. I also tried it without any conditioner. Wow, I could brush my wet hair. Nice for summer.

on 10/17/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I thought I had found an unbelievable deal with this! It was so cheap, and yet it seemed to work well in my hair - for the first week or so. After that, my hair because dry and dull, and I worried about breakage, so I stopped using it.

Popular Shampoos