Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

Mane 'n Tail Shampoo
ShampooShampooShampoo

3.6

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 2/23/2019 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty average shampoo which is disappointing, considering all the rave reviews it seems to get all over the internet. I really didn't like the scent of it - it smelt like cheap soap - and it had a weird consistency, like partially set jelly. Credit where it's due, a little did go a long way which meant it latest me about 2 months (using it every day), but it took quite a bit of work to get it to lather and it didn't do anything great for my hair. I'm glad I tried it but I'm not sure I'd repurchase it as it just didn't wow me.

I use shampoo and conditioner and My hair did not grow :( hair has been damaged ,the scalps do not feel comfortable .. Mane’n Tail you disappoint me !

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used to use this back in my relaxer stretching days. Back then my hair was a texture of half kinky type 4C hair and half relaxed hair. It did a decent job of cleaning my hair but I did notice it was pretty stripping similar to a clarifying shampoo. Its pretty runny but not impossible to get through the hair. Its white almost like a pearl color. It also has a very fresh clean smell to it not really overpowering to me but I'm not sensitive to fragrance in the first place. It does have fragrance in it though so if you are sensitive to that you may want to keep it pushing. It didn't really do anything good or bad for my hair but it didn't really impress me as a shampoo so I don't buy it anymore. I don't remember what the price was years ago so it may have changed but I don't remember it being terribly expensive. And you get a fairly large bottle larger than the average shampoo bottle in the stores so you do get quite a bit for the value. I won't purchase this again because for me it was just average not amazing but not harmful either.

This cleans really really well and I like that the smell is subtle but it still smells clean and light. Not too overpowering or annoying. I wash my hair once every three days and this cleans as well as I need it to especially when I oil my hair once a week to deep condition it. I've noticed less hair fall since I started using this along with the conditioner. I love it.

on 7/28/2018 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Veeeery drying!!!! Used it on my dyed, straight hair. Hair felt clean but very unhealthy...;(
Do NOT recommend.

on 5/13/2018 8:02:00 AM

I would steer clear of this product. The shampoo was so dry that I was left with matted hair and hair conditioner was a must. It’s just too dry

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I didnt like this it made my scalp hurt

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This product works very well as a clarifying shampoo in a sort. If you're about to use a product such as manic panic or special effects, then definitely use this beforehand.
In terms of it making your hair grow faster, I wouldn't call this a wonder shampoo. It does seem to help a little for everyday use, that is if you want to never miss a day of washing your hair. If I go without washing it for 2 days, I get super oily. So I don't recommend this for everyday use. Now I use it 3 times a week and the oilyness has gone down.
My hair has probably grown up to a little over a centimeter in 2 1/2 weeks.
All and all, I'd say use this gingerly, and it makes a great clarifying shampoo.
(Btw a personal preference, I love the way it smells)

on 2/16/2018 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Dried out my hair completely! Even with using the conditioner!

I had this as well as the conditioner after there was so much buzz about Mane N Tail for long healthy locks. Used it for a few months before I got bored and switched back to Pantene. Smells less good than drugstore products, and isn't particularly life changing (spoiler alert my hair grew at the same rate as before), so it wasn't really worth using it. Switched back to Pantene.

Popular Shampoos