Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

3.9

on 6/8/2006 1:45:00 PM

I am so happy I discovered this product, and I never would have tried it without these reviews. With a coupon this kit was only $13, which is a steal compared to getting it done professionally. I somehow talked my boyfriend into helping me out, since I've tried waxing myself in the past with pathetic results. I did both lower legs, my bikini line, eyebrows, and some light fuzz on my stomach. Even the bikini line wasn't too bad, and everything compared to that was just like ripping off a bandaid. To ease the pain I took a strong painkiller, followed by some wine beforehand, which I'd strongly recommend. I'm going to go back to Sally's and buy full size versions of everything in the kit.

on 4/7/2006 4:52:00 PM

I have the GiGi All-Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Starter Kit. The kit includes the wax, spatulas (wide and narrow), muslin strips and 4 types of lotion (pre-wax, wax remover, hair inhibitor and concealer). Fantastic product - even on my first attempt, very easy to use at home and gives professional results. Some tips: follow the instruction given on the package, take two advils about 1 hour before, trim hair to about 1/2" or 1/4" length, apply only a light coating of wax (more is not better in this case) and use baby powder on skin (it helps the wax adhere to hair, not skin). Most importantly, pull the muslin against the direction of hair growth (i.e., parallel to skin / sideways, not perpendicular / upward). Stings a little, but nothing excruciating. I bought the kit for $16 - less than half what a salon bikini wax would cost, and no hassles of appointment, etc.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I went to Sally's beauty determined to get a waxer (the ones at salons) some strips, and learn how to do this myself. Needless to say the process was a disaster. But still determined I bought this kit. I have the strip free version of the microwave kit. It comes with all the little bottles to prep the area, take the wax off, a slow growth cream, and a concealer (which is like calomine lotion but actually works great on pimples when dotted with a qtip and then covered with powder but i wouldnt advise using it after waxing. This kit is so simple. Not having to use the strips is a big plus. The only thing you have to get used to is how thick the wax should be (or youll be dripping it everywhere) and how long to wait till you peel.

I heat it up for 2 min because my microwave is junky. then wait till it looks like its hardened on top. Then I break through the top to the bottom and the wax underneath is nice and thick and warm, not runny or hot. Then just put a clump only on the tip of the stick and apply. (ive only used this on my face and its gentle enough for my sensitive skin) Then I just walk around my house looking funny till its cold.and I KNOW its dry. When you peel it off too soon you get residue or no hair removal.

This may be gross but I love looking at the peeled pieces to see all the baby hairs its getting that I could never pluck myself. Wohoo! I am usually too impatient to wait till the hair grows long enough (were talking upper lip and chin here ladies and who can wait for that to grow..eww) So ive been doing it once a week to keep things looking nice. Ugg the pain of being an italian woman lol.

Hope this helps. Worth a try and the kit was about 12 bucks but its worth it because you get the sample bottles of everything (which will last a long time after youve replaced the wax) plus a normal size wax jar.

good luck!
*UPDATE: Its not bad, and i still use it every once in a while. But im on the lookout for better products.

on 9/27/2005 6:42:00 PM

This kit is AWESOME!! I use it for my bikini area and its the ONLY thing that works wonders and actually leaves my skin smooth for weeks! This really takes practice so don't give up the first time you use it....one tip is to make sure that you are applying a VERY thin coat of wax, and to rub/pat the muslin strip so that the wax and hair really stick to it.

This kit includes the all purpose honee microwave wax, pre-hon lotion, wax-off lotion, benzokal skin concealer, slow grow lotion, 10 applicators, and 20 muslin strips. I use everything in the kit except for the concealer, which is a really freakishly pink shade and seems to make the area look worse. The only thing I would change about the kit is I think they should include some baby powder with it to apply before waxing so the wax really sticks to the skin better. And, I would include more muslin strips because I've gone through all of them (for just my bikini area!) in like 3-4 applications, but still have a ton of the other products left! And, I even cut them in half....

This kit is great for starting out, and you really can get professional results for less than $20! Definitely recommend this stuff....all the drugstore products I've tried don't even compare to the quality of this! And this is SO much better than shaving! It hurts a little the first time you do it but after awhile I'm so used to it, it hardly hurts. And you only have to do it like once every 2-3 weeks! yay! holy grail!
btw, I bought this from Sally beauty for $15...

Top Rated Hair Removal