Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

3.9

on 8/8/2009 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought this today, after deciding I was going to do my own bikini wax [which was bold, considering Ive never even had a professional one]. Anyway, the price is great for what you get, I paid around sixteen dollars. All the items seperately would have been much more.
PROS: gets just about every hair [and mine is very thick] and was not nearly as painful as I thought it would be. However, I will say make sure your skin is held very taut or it hurts more.
CONS: the other bottles included in the kit I would probably never use, except the Wax Off - which was absolutely pointless, I ended up using baby oil. The biggest con is the removal, I am still sticky in 'that area.' I have to admit that being called 'honee' I thought it would be more like a sugar wax and easier to remove. Thank god Im staying home tonight - Do not use this right before you need to go out unless you are really great at waxing your own bikini line. All in all, I would repurchase, unless I could find something just as good but easier to wash off.

on 6/10/2009 9:50:00 PM

I went to Sally's today and purchased this product with high hopes. I get regular bikini waxes and was hoping to eliminate excessive costs and trips to the salon. However, I was extrememly disappointed from the minute I walked in my door. First, it took me a good 25 minutes to open the jar, which was FUSED shut with dried wax. I got a nice little friction burn on my hand as a result. Finally, I got it open, microwaved it, and anxiously ran upstairs to do the job, as I did not want the wax to harden too much. As I dipped the stick in the jar and back out, some of the wax dribbled around and got on my hands. From then on, it stuck to everything I touched. Anyway, I decided to try the strips. The good news is the first strip was perfect. It did a really good job and didn't hurt so bad. The bad news is, I have NO IDEA what I did wrong the second time around. Maybe the wax got too cool, but I applied it, pressed the strip down, went to pull, and it sloooowly peeled off, removing just SOME hairs and causing more pain that I had wanted. I decided to try again, thinking I should clean the wax off my body and reheat the jar. Well, the "wax off" in the kit did NOTHING. I hopped in the shower, trying to scrub it off and to my dismay, it didn't COME OFF MY SKIN! So here I am, an hour before I have to be somewhere, and my skin is a waxy, sticky, and now white and creamy mess. After doing some google searches for removing excess bikini wax, I found the following suggestions: wax remover lotion (which was supplied in the kit and did not work AT ALL,) and baby oil (tried it, didn't work). Olive oil was next, which worked somewhat, followed by vigorous soap scrubbing. After showering and drying off, I was STILL STICKY. It just didn't go away. Finally, I found a post which said to use vaseline, which I'd have to say worked the best. I applied it, then rubbed it off with some pressure with a tissue. If you have wax stuck ALL OVER, go straight to the vaseline.

I will NOT buy this again. At around $15, it wasn't too expensive, but paying the money at a salon is worth it if it means not making a huge mess. I will be throwing this wax out because right now it's just a huge, sticky mess.

on 6/4/2009 11:29:00 PM

Thumbs down. Get the Cirepil blue stripless wax. It's hard to find but so superior in every way. Gigi space saving warmer is awesome, though.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Great product easy to use, a little goes a long way. Coffee filters can be used to replace the strips;D)

on 5/28/2009 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Wow... I think I only paid something like $20ish for this and it has already lasted about 5 waxes and is only half gone. What a great deal! Next time around I think I will only buy the wax, not the kit, although this was a great starter. You can substitute any of the other items much cheaper (popsicle sticks, muslin, baby oil, etc).

The most important thing to mention about this, in my mind, is that LEARNING CURVE is critical! The first time I waxed I decided that I had wasted my money, hated the product and almost gave up. The second time was much better and now I feel like a pro.

Some tips: **Heat the wax so that it is workable, but don't get it any hotter than you have to. If it's runny, it won't grab the hairs well. **Don't waste your money on those silly and expensive pre-cut cloth strips. pick up some cheap muslin at walmart or wherever and cut your own 2"x4" or so strips. Then you can use as many as you want and wax a small area at a time. It's much better that way. **Taking a hint from a previous reviewer, spray the inside of the lid with non-stick cooking spray to prevent it from glueing itself shut.

The only con I can think of is that if you get the wax on something non-skin ( accidentally dribbled some on the side of the tub where the was was sitting), it's hard to clean up. Overall, super product!

on 5/3/2009 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

DON'T LET THE SALON STEAL YOUR MONEY!! this whole kit cost me about 40 dollars. if you're out of wax you can go get another jar for 10 dollars. at the salon 40 dollars will only get you ONE bikini wax/brazillian. with this kit you will proabably get 4 bikini waxes several underarms(15 dollars) and legs!!! (25 dollars) thats ONLY if you are willing to put up with the dirty work and the mess LOL <3 which i am shoot.. if it saves me THAT much money i will do it myself.. i just have to get use to all the cleaning and the stickyness.

on 8/22/2008 9:06:00 PM

When I go for brazillians, my esthestician uses this wax and another kind of sugar wax on me. I have bought it for home use, but mainly use it for removing unwanted hair from my hubby. (I have switched to a depilator). I use most of the items in the kit, including the pre-wax and post-wax mini bottles. This is a must for cleaning the area and removing wax, respectively. This kit can also be found in most beauty supply stores.

on 8/8/2008 3:20:00 PM

I LOVE this product!! After reading the reviews on here I decided to give it a try! It heated up very well in the microwave to the perfect consistency, went on very easily and ripped out every hair! I've waxed myself (brazilian) with a few other waxes and this is by far the best!! My only problem with it is that I had a hard time cleaning off the excess wax from my skin. Now I just need to find something for that and it will be perfect!!

on 7/6/2008 6:39:00 PM

Okay...so I'm going to Florida in a week and decided I really wanted to be hair free.

I tried Nad's a few days ago, and I just couldn't deal with it. So after reading the reviews on Gigi products here, I went to Sally's and picked up this starter kit.

Because this was my first real attempt at waxing myself, it was a long process...however, not as painful as I had imagined. I managed to do my underarms and bikini line. I am so excited about my smooth underarms!!!! Before today, I was about to go to a spa/salon to get them done, but I'm glad I did it on my own. Very easy, and seriously...not as painful as people say. (I followed the advice of someone on here and took some tylenol before waxing).

Piece-o-cake! When this runs out, I'm going to get the bigger can of wax and the wax warmer. I don't think I'll ever go back to shaving!....I'm going to try my legs tomorrow!

on 11/17/2007 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Skip the kit, just get the microwaveable wax and strips and some craft sticks. The extra stuff in the kit is not worth having. Olive oil followed by dish soap gets the remaining wax off effortlessly.

I prefer my wax a bit on the warm side, but have also experienced some peeling skin if it gets too warm. However, this stuff gets every last hair and leaves nothing behind. I will never use pre-waxed strips again.

A nice trick -- put the jar cover back on the jar, then spread some olive oil inside the lid, on the threads. This will prevent the lid from becoming permanently fused to the jar.