Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 11/29/2006 7:25:00 PM

I like Stil's All Over Shimmer, but because it's a cream, it's a bit harder to apply and much more obvious. This one is a lighter liquid that's perfect for the face, and the color is very attractive. I use it in the summer mixed with some Neutrogena skin clearing tint and have started using it in the winter alone, on the top of my cheekbones and on my brows, and even a little swipe on my eyelids, as I don't usually wear any eye makeup. Great product, as is most of Stila's stuff.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because a) I'm obsessed with liquid highlighters and b) the fabulous reviews here were hard to ignore. Do I love it? No. I do like it, however, but it doesn't deliver what Prescriptives Magic seems to do for me so it's up for swap. The Stila provides a warm, sheer wash of color that shows up sparkly in the sunlight. I feel it is "too much" for me in direct sunlight though I do love the color. I already get this effect with my MAC Beauty Powder or Clinique Loose Powder in Gold Dust. One other thing I do not care for is the thicker consistancy of the liquid. It does not seem to apply evenly or very easily. Will not repurcahse. You do get a lot of product for $20, which is a plus.

Very nice and subtle shimmer. . . . I use it on top of my cheek bones and brow bones. . . can't wait to try it on my collar bone and shoulders.

I'm still trying to figure out if I love this or not. It is less subtle and more shimmery than I would have liked (I try to achieve the natural glowy, incandescent look). I would not use it alone unless I had perfect skin. Instead, I mix it with my tinted moisturizer and use it only on my cheeks. The good thing is that it doesn't make my face look greasy. $20 for a bottle.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've had this for several months and love it! I have yellow toned Asian skin (MAC NC35) and I use this on my cheekbones for a dewey look. I wore it on my honeymoon in December and the pictures looked great. It gives a nice glow without being OTT and not too glittery at all. I don't use it everyday but I save it for special occasions. Could also be used on your chest or eyebrow bone. The color is a great versatile shimmery soft gold. It's very sheer and blendable and buildable. I just love this.

on 9/18/2005 11:29:00 PM

Nice liquid highlighter that can be blended with foundation, body lotion, eyeshadow, etc. to illuminate any area. More versatile than their cream and powder formulations, and good price point for the generous amount
Comparison with Giorgio Armani fluid sheer 2
Since I'm a big fan of each of these two brands, I decided to compare Stila's new liquid luminizer and GA fluid sheer 2.

For starters, there's a big price difference. Stila's is 0.85 oz for $20 (or $23.53 per oz.), whereas GA is $52.50 for 1 oz.

GA comes in a pump style, and Stila comes in a bottle with a nail polish type applicator. While the GA is more sanitary and spillproof, the Stila is much easier to control the amount used, and in some sense is easier to apply since you can do it directly to the area you want if desired.

Once applied, the two are almost identical. GA is perhaps slightly more shimmery w/ maybe a *tad* more of a whitish gold tinge, while Stila is a straight yellow gold. The two area nearly identical, however, and differences are very slight. (Couldn't take a pic because the shimmer reflects poorly on my camera.)

The only other notable difference is that GA has a definite odor, kind of like just a foundation odor, that I did not notice with Stila.

All in all, for the price point, I'd definitely opt for Stila, and I actually prefer the Stila applicator. On GA's side, though, they still have far more colors available in their fluid sheer collection (Stila only has three luminizers).
continued >>

Got a sample of this in a swap, and was pretty excited because it looked a lot like Benefit's Moonbeam liquid highlighter, which I love dearly. While it's a similar golden yellow-y hue, it's way to shimmery for my liking. I'd rather have a subtle iridescence then the somewhat noticeable glitter flakes that this stuff has. The liquid is a nice enough consistency and goes on smoothly, but I just wish it were more natural-looking.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this stuff because my friend had it..gave a very slight sheen to her skin. Honestly, I haven't used it much if at all because I feel like it rubs my makeup off if I apply it on top (it is a liquid, after all) and I decided I'm not a fan of applying wet shimmer on my face. I much prefer powder formulas. Plus you have to be careful when it dries. I will try applying it under my brows and in the corners of my eyes, maybe I will like it better that way!

on 10/14/2008 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a Beauty Insider sample at Sephora, and have used it for "going out" nights as a mix-in to my liquid foundation. A little goes a long way, and I am pleased with the look it gives me. However, the terrible packaging is enough that I wouldn't buy a fullsize, especially for the price. It seems to me that this stuff should be in a pump bottle or even a tube. I rather hate the nail-polish applicator. I suppose that some people would find this convenient, but since my purpose would be to mix it in with my foundation, for me not so much. I think I'm better off with my Vanilla pigment and moisturizer as a luminizer than re-buying this product. Nonetheless, this is a very nice product that does what it says it does, and gives the skin a believable, luminized finish. A good product. I just hate the price and packaging.

on 12/28/2007 2:01:00 AM

I bought a bottle of this and have basically put it on the backburner because it makes me look a little Tin Man-ish. I like the product well enough and the packaging is cute but it's just not the right color for me.

It comes in a bottle similar to nail polish but bigger. The cap contains a little brush to dab on the product wherever you want it. It's not the most sanitary thing in the world. Considering I would only put this on my cheekbones and maybe my brow bone, it is a huge amount of product for $20. I know that there were other colors in the past, so I'm not sure why they only have this color now. I think a diluted version might be better but I know some girls just mix in with their liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer.

Similar highlighting products include Benefit High Beam and Moon Beam and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. I believe Prescriptives and Clinique also have a liquid version out.