CLINIQUE Repairwear Intensive Lip Treatment

CLINIQUE Repairwear Intensive Lip Treatment

4.1

Octyldodecanol, Pentaerythrityl Adipate/Caprate/Caprylate/Heptanoate, Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Dilinoleyl Alcohol, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Silica, Polybutene, Microcrystalline Wax, Water, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Poria Cocos Sclerotium Extract, Linolenic Acid, Sodium DNA, Saccharomyces Lycate Extract, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium RNA, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Lauryl PCA, C20-40 Pareth-10, Squalane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Phytosphingosine, Phospholipids, Oleic Acid, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Potassium Sulfate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Ethylcellulose, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Mica, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) [ILN33001]

on 10/20/2008 7:37:00 PM

This is probably the most effective lip treatment I have ever tried. I get extremely chapped lips very quickly and this is the only thing that corrects it. It's sublimely smooth consistency is just what lips need and stays put for quite some time. I will continue to buy this product as it is the most effective thing I've ever found. It totally reversed the look and feel of my lips in less than a month of constant use. I when from dry, wrinkly lips to a super smooth and soft pucker :) The only downside is price but if your looking for a quick fix look no further!

Sex: Male
Age: 30 - 35
Lip Condition: Severely dry and painfully chapped
Length of Use: One - Two months

Price = 5 - I pay $33.00 CDN plus taxes for a 4 gram tube in Canada. Available at major department stores with Clinique counters such as Holt Renfrew, Sears and The Bay. For the amount of product you get, I would consider this lip treatment to be on the expensive side. The recommended usage is twice a day, in which case, the tube will most likely last about one month.

Packaging Quality = 4 - The product is enclosed in a small, mint green, rectangular box. A pamphlet can be found inside along with an eye catching, slim, silver cylindrical tube embossed with words Clinique Fragrance Free all around. The container is built in such a way that it protects the product quite well from the environment. The product itself is rosy pink in color and as promised completely fragrance free. 4 grams of product comes to about 1 - 1.5 inches.

Overall Rating = 5 - I was very skeptical when the sales associate recommended this for my severely dry, chapped lips. I passed over Superbalm simply because it was way too glossy for a man. Out of sheer desperation I decided to use this product despite the fact that it is suppose to have slight lip plumping qualities. According to the box, this product helps repair the look of wrinkles, boosts natural collagen production along with other promises typical of the cosmetic industry. As Clinique has the habit of not publishing their ingredient list, I am not able to ascertain what specifically are the "complex of skin-defending" ingredients, or how it repairs the lips or wrinkles. Based on the results alone however, I have to give this product a very strong recommendation. The promised "plumping" property is not visible but my lips have since healed very nicely. I have since experienced very minor chapping of the lips, and all this was achieved by applying the product only ONCE a day at night prior to going to bed. Upon waking in the morning, the product is still on protecting the lips from moisture loss. I have noticed that Clinique excel in this aspect of barrier protection by formulating their products with a thicker consistency. If the skin on your lips is chapping really badly, I recommend using a lip brush to apply the product simply bec the skin will wreck havoc through the soft product. The important thing to remember is that this product is a TREATMENT. It is not meant to replace your lip balm which I still use during the day time hours. I personally use Kiehl's Lip Balm with SPF 15. With the two combined, I would be hard pressed to find a better remedy for my severely chapped, dry lips.

on 9/21/2007 4:32:00 AM

This is the only lip treatment which has fixed the cracked lips I get during the winter.

on 7/31/2007 2:40:00 PM

From what I understood when I bought this, this was a lip treatment, not a lip balm. It was not meant to be put on to moisturize your lips like a Burt's Bees lip balm. I used it only when my lips started to bleed a lot, and even then only twice daily. This really helped me repair my lips and heal the cuts. After my lips were healed, I would put this away and just use regular lip balm. I've always had a strange lip chapping problem, even when I used a lot of balm. Some days, I would wake up to bleeding lips or, one time, a huge scab on my lips, even though I had applied lip balm before going to bed. This product practically saved my lips in those times. And because I've only used this as a treatment when necessary, the $25 tube has lasted me for over a year and I still haven't even used half of it yet.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product about a month ago and returned it to Nordstrom today for a refund. It feels great when you put it on, but it doesn't last long, and i was putting it on constantly. I thought it might be making my lips worse so I stopped using it for a few days and my lips healed up. At $25 you would think it would be great... I was very dissapointed.

on 5/4/2007 1:09:00 AM

I bought this product because i was in need of something for my lips because i have sensitive lips and i thought this would be a nice lip balm because that's what the sales associate said to me. This stuff only lasts for like 10 minutes. It didn't repair my lips at all. It did nothing. This product was gone within a month. I wasted $30 on this product and it did absolutely nothing for me.

on 2/18/2007 1:11:00 AM

It's average lip treatment but at least, it's better than all about lip! With this price, I don't think I'll buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried too many lip treatments but this one by far is the best!!!! I have to wear a lip balm every night before I go to sleep and this one really moisturized my lips and even plumped them which no other has ever done. I wake up every morning with nice, soft, plump lips which makes my lipglosses and lipsticks look better.A++++++++++

on 1/2/2007 11:35:00 PM

This comes in a lipstick style tube and is a pale fleshy pink that applies clear on the lips. It doesnít have a discernable smell or taste. Yes, it is expensive and as I have no wrinkles around my mouth I canít vouch for the claims Clinique makes about those but as a lip balm it is excellent and therefore I can justify the cost. Itís very moisturising and leaves a soft shine on the lips. The lasting power is good and it works well as a primer before lipstick or gloss. Itís also great as an overnight treatment. Iíll knock off a lippie for the fact that itís AUD48 but other than that this is a very good lip product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This stuff is horrible! it made my lips peel off it smells like sheep heart, i know because i dissected one in anatomy last year and did not like the smell. The packaging looks SO ad. It says free something on the tube which makes it look cheap because it makes it look like i got like a free sample when i paid $30 for a stupid little tube of disgusting smelling sheep heart.