Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

3.9

on 10/10/2005 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

To me this smelled very sweet and fruity and not wonderful or extraordinary.

on 10/1/2005 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this new fragrance from Ralph Lauren. He never disappoints, his fragrances are elegant and this one is no exception. It starts out with gardenia and jasmine at the top, which at first seems ordinary. Then, about 30 minutes later, it blooms into something I've never smelled before...almost like a cool metal, how silver would smell if you had it on. It stayed on for about 6 hours before I had to replenish it, yet it wasn't an in-your-face strong fragrance like those in the 1980s. I can imagine wearing this with jeans, prairie skirts, turquoise or silver jewelry, a floppy hat and some boots or a vest. This is the perfect casual jeans fragrance.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a wonderful new fragrance.Its just the right floral notes I have been searching for.I have a keen sense of smell.For me this is just right,its what I had been looking forward to a Better Bolder Lasting scent,simular to Avon's Hollywood Pink,but with better qualities...*
Had many positive coments when hugged by dear friends.This is a 5 Star!

on 9/27/2005 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Pleasant fragrance, not up to the hype it generated, but I think that had to do more with the bottle and the turquoise tops than anything else.

on 9/25/2005 8:44:00 AM

Tested this and it seems like the new fragrances are going in a strong, head shoppy direction I can not stand. Why are they doing this?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I seem to be with cavewoman on this one - I love it! I told my BF the same thing her DH said to her, paraphrased, of course, "MMMM, it smells rich and elegant." Totally reminds me of "going-out-at-night" perfume. Thank God I don't pick up any of the patchouli in it, as that pretty much repulses me, but every time I walk by it in my bedroom I catch a little whif and have to lean over and deeply inhale. Very different to me, not generic at all, and very glam.

on 9/22/2005 8:18:00 AM

Pure Turquoise is as multi-faceted as the lovely bottle that it comes in, and I purchased the fragrance because the DH sniffed it on my arm and said "MMM, now THAT is for evenings out!"
To me it starts out with crisp greens, and shortly the flowers appear, like shimmering crystals. Lily and lily of the valley dominate on my skin, but the flowers dart in and out with the greens. I don't know how this happens, but they almost seem to alternate in dominance. Back and forth they go, until the base notes start to appear. I hardly detect the patchouli that is listed, just warm woods and a touch of the amber.
There is something in this fragrance that reminds me of the elusive karo-karounde, a form of jasmine. It is not listed in the notes, but I caught a glimpse of it and two fragrances flashed for me in my fragrance memory, Pleasures by Lauder and Panthere Eau Legere. Not that Pure Turquoise smells like either of these, but there is that fleeting moment of recognition, that moment when another fragrance pops into my mind.
Pure Turquoise is womanly, elegant, and sophisticated. It's urban, not country, and a constant, pleasant surprise with every sniff.

on 9/14/2005 10:01:00 AM

Generic fruity-floral fragrance, rather forgettable, but my oh my, are those bottles beautiful! The base notes sound fantastic (patchouli, vanilla bourbon and rum), but I'm too overwhelmed by the lily of the valley and orange blossom to smell the earthiness beneath. 2 stars for the fragrance, 5 for the bottle.

on 9/14/2005 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really covet these bottles! The small, square bottle with the real turquoise stopper (in the print advertisements) is the parfum bottle. The eau de parfum bottle is a *very* heavy clear glass rectangle with asymmetrically angled edges and a ridged silver cap with a turquoise top. It's very 1930s Machine Age, with a little bit of Southwest bohemian added. (Think Mabel Dodge Luhan in Taos, hosting her New York artist and writer friends in her pueblo!) It's very different from all the girly, whimsical bottles that are coming out this fall, e.g. Cynthia Rowley, Curve Soul, Britney Spears Fantasy, etc. However, I'm not impressed with the fragrance itself; it certainly doesn't live up to its description. To my nose, it's a very on-trend citrusy-floral, nothing more, nothing less. It's fresh, inoffensive, but undeserving of that amazing bottle! I didn't even get any earthy dry-down, unfortunately. I wish the recent RL fragrances were more creative. I used to love Lauren and Safari.

Popular Fragrances