Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

3.9

on 3/18/2006 1:18:00 AM

Too strong!! Good god....

Ah, what a very green and humid scent. It's like a hot, steamin' greenhouse. There's a sharp note in here, like a baby sapling or something of that nature. Turquoise is definately a July type of fragrance.

on 2/28/2006 5:29:00 PM

I haven't actually bought a bottle yet, but I sprayed a nice amount on me to get a feel of how this will smell on me by the end of the day. Smells, so good, so sexy and fresh. I wish I knew how to describe it in precise words... :) **Edit** Bought a bottle, still love, here's a description of it: Notes: Dewy Cassis, Indigo Violet Petals, Lily Of The Valley, Cactus Flower, Night Blooming Cereus, Orange Flower Absolute, Bulgarian Rose Absolute Desert Lily, Patchouli, Sliver Birch Wood, Polished Amber, Vanilla Bourbon, Rum

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A watery, mildly sweet fragrance that isn't very interesting, but can be worn to work or school without offending any noses.

I see this mostly as a casual fragrance that might be nice if you're feeling stressed and want a soft comforting fragrance.

I am a huge fan of Ralph Lauren's fragrances. The last RL perfume I purchased was Blue, and after reading the description of Pure Turquoise I was expecting a stunning watery fragrance. I *so* wanted to like it, but when I spritzed it on my first thought was, "Oh no! Vicks Vapor Rub!". I nearly gagged. I was so disappointed! I would give it one lippy, but I'm giving it two in hopes of when I sample it at a later date I'll like it better.

on 1/5/2006 11:25:00 AM

I tested this on my clean, fragrance-free wrist the other day while shopping. At first it smelled lovely...in fact, a customer at a makeup counter I was at told me I smelled great. However, an hour or two later, the fragrance morphed into a very "old-ladyish" scent on me (DH agreed). Unfortunately, this is a problem with many fragrances and my skin--they smell nice at first and then turn icky on my skin (dang body chemistry!). Hmph. So, I rated this a two because of its initial pleasant scent.

on 1/4/2006 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Update from when I first purchased Pure Turquoise early this year. I wear this ALL THE TIME now and get compliments from everyone! Gee you smell good! from both MEN and women. It's fresh and femimine smell and stays with me. Constant compliments mean...yes, keep it! I'm very picky when it comes to fragrances and wear very few, but if anybody doesn't love theirs, send it my way!

Pure Turoquoise is a refined woodsy floral. It really does set the mood of the color turoquoise to me. This lasts a long time as well. This is one scent that uses lily of the valley & bulgarian rose in a blend that even I can wear beautifully. Worth a try!

on 12/31/2005 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Pure Turquoise will make you feel like a skier on fresh-made snow or a hiker on a clean, green mountain in the morning. It is so original. Yet it somehow reminds me of something else. I got this as a gift in the perfume and bought the body lotion. Another winner for me from R.L.! (Oh, and the base notes include rum and bourbon! How can you go wrong with those?!)

I first smelled this on a little magazine strip Dillard's dep. store sent me and I was really impressed actually... and over time I forgot all about it until I went after Christmas shopping... ran into it again... I fell in love!
Its just a sensual pretty fragrance- not too floral- not too musky- not too soft- but definately not overpowering. Its the right combination of woodsy notes with soft florals to make it feminine yet really sexy and sophisticated. So I splurged (even though I vowed to save my money).. but how could I resist??? I was about to purchase the $55 but decided the BEST deal was the 4.2 ounce for $70-something. So I wont be running low for a loooong time... Its classic and fresh- yet a little mysterious and very addicting!