Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Ralph Lauren  Pure Turquoise

3.9

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I must say, I am amazed at how much I am loving Ralph Lauren's Pure Turquoise. I usually do not go for the "fresh" types, but I find this exquisite. Not cloying at all, it evolves slightly once applied. There is a tinge of similarity to smell of 'freshly washed laundry", but just when you are ready to typecast it as such, another note pops out. Oh, and the bottle is simple yet elegant -- Love the turquoise inlay in the cap. Advertised Notes: Top Note: Dewy Cassis, Violet Petals, Lily of the Valley, Cactus Flower , Heart Note: Night Cereus, Orange Flower, Absolute, Desert Lily , Base Note: Patchouli, Silver Birch Wood, Polished Amber, Vanilla Bourbon, Rum
continued >>

on 3/28/2009 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am not good at describing notes in a perfume so I am not going to attempt to. But I wanted to say that this is a great unique perfume (unlike Ralph which can be easily replaced by the cheaper Paris Hilton one). 2 sprays last for hours, and I can still smell it on me in the morning. It has an invigorating uplifting effect on me. LOVE!

This is exactly what a perfume should be...natural, light, soft but not so soft it fades in an hour. Bottle is a bit hard to hold. Ralph Lauren fragrances... many of them are too musky or synthetic. The notes for this are listed as cassis, night blooming cereus, and patchouli, and here they are combined beautifully. Smells fresh and clean, oceanic and slightly powdery and mysteriously, almost hauntingly floral. At one point, I cannot say why, I thought "celery" to myself, as weird as that sounds. I get the feeling of wearing a white linen tank top with a turquoise necklace, crinkly skirt and spending the evening at an ocean side restaurant after showering... following a long leisurely day at the beach. Gin and tonic anyone? That said, I am wearing this now, in February, and would definitely say this is a year 'round fragrance. Not terribly original, but wearable.

on 2/18/2009 4:24:00 PM

I'm surprised I don't see more people mentioning Pure Turquoise on the boards. I think it's very interesting (an Annie Buzantian creation), and it's a great value; but I also think few people truly enjoy a fragrance as sharp as this one. It does start off like a melony/aquatic floral, but then it starts to bring the classic Miss Dior to my mind, perhaps because of the combination of a white floral with an herbal astringency (sage in the case of Miss Dior). The drydown is very soft, with an impression of warm saltiness, yet it still retains a faint whiff of green sharpness. I think this is just a terrific fragrance. A friend sent me a generous decant. I can see owning a full bottle.

This is one of those perfumes that just smells beautiful on me! First spritz can be a bit much, but after about 5 minutes, it turns into a beautiful aquatic floral on me. It has wonderful lasting power and just makes me feel sophisticated...like a lady. It's fresh and pretty. One of my favorites that I will order over & over again. Ralph got it right this time!

on 11/25/2008 10:57:00 AM

Love it.

I'm not usually a RL fragrance fan - the only other one I like is Glamourous - but this I adore. It's fresh, but without being too green. It dries down to something quite heavenly. I do think it could last longer (only about 3 hours for me, even with EDP and several good sprays).

I got this at a big-box store- gift set with 2 oz. body lotion and shower gel - and 4.2 ounce EDP spray - so it was a good deal for less than $40. I was going to give it as a Xmas gift - but liked it so much I kept it!

It's quite different from what I usually wear - gourmand scents like Angel - but it's very clean, classic, and I think it's good for work.

on 11/3/2008 10:41:00 AM

Oh How I love this, I don't know why I never discovered it before? It so crisp and elegant. Smells like money.. I will be wearing this a lot. Yummmmmm.. A little orgasmic for me....I could smell this all day on me. Great lasting power

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This smells like a vacation in a bottle- blue sky- a tall glass of your favorite chilled drink- breeze going thru your hair, fresh air, a dip in the ocean and then.poof gone.........no nooooooo! This only lasted about an hour on my skin....why? EDP aren't they suppose to have strenght? Anyways as far as the old lady thing thats just a mental thing WEAR WHATEVER MAKES YOU FEEL GREAT , PERIOD!

on 5/21/2008 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Clean, feminine, heady... I just about swooned. Too bad I only have a deluxe sample. In love with this...

on 5/21/2008 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pure Turquoise is interesting at first, a bouquet of white flowers next to the exfoliation table at the spa. Then about three minutes later, its dark side comes out. The name is fitting because it smells cheap, like the turquoise necklace you found at the bottom of the bargain bin and bought because you just couldn't go without it. But now you never wear it because it's really just hideous and screams Walmart.

Popular Fragrances