Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

3.0

I bought the 560 red/auburn color. It was really really bad. I originally had a light brown hair color frm my previous hair color. I wanted it to b as dramatic as it was on the previous box. However the color came out to be the new color on the box.

My hair still looked brown w/ a light subtle hint of red. The conditioner only lasted 3 washes. The creme formula did not provide even coverage all over the head. Really really disappointing. Plus da nasty hairdye smell lasted for days. I cld smell it even after shampooing & sleeping. Really disappointed in this product.

on 12/4/2008 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

this product did terrible things to my hair. I used the medium ash brown in my hair thinking i would try and neutralize the red in my hair from a previous dye. Well it ended up making my roots really red and the ends super dark. I am sure it has to do with the interactions of the dyes that were in my hair previously, but man it still sucks. I have never quite had an experience with hair dye like this one....:(

welll i have mixed reviews about this product..i tried the light ash brown color to hopefully lighten my medium brown hair that was previously dyed with nutrisse in truffle..it was on sale, and i havent used this in yrs so i decided to give it to try...

well first of all, the appilcation is super super messy..thank god i put newspaper all over, because it was dripping everywhere, i found the mixture especially drippy for some reason. the smell is really strong too. its also good that i bought 2 boxes cuz one wasnt enough for my thick long hair

i like that the waiting time is not long, only 20 minutes...color results? well darker than i expected, it was a light brown but my hair looks more like a deep brown, and im not sure why..
also left my hair feeling super dry..i used 2 conditioner packets, left it on for 2 minutes, and still left my hair pretty dry, i've had much better conditioners from other hair dyes

on a positive note, belle color does give pretty natural results, i was afraid my hair would come out too orangey-ish, since i am vulnerable to brassiness (im asian). but no brassiness at all, even pulled out the red tones that were in my hair from the previous dye...

i am expecting this hair dye not to have long staying power, but i will just have to see for myself

overall, not really sure if i would buy again, maybe if it was dirt cheap on sale, but wouldnt be my first choice

on 9/14/2008 7:14:00 PM

i used soft black from this product. this isn't that damaging to the hair but my hair started getting lighter about 3 weeks after. now my hair is completely lighter and back to the old colour i had before. this product fades. i would definetly not buy this again.

on 9/1/2008 4:34:00 PM

I just finished using #80 on my hair which is Reddish blonde, naturally and a little blonder with colour. It is now almost dark brown!! I have never had this hair colour before and was expecting it to be medium blonde according to the box. The colour should have been quite blonde, maybe even lighter than what I had to begin with... What gives??? I am very disappointed and unable to get any answers from them, as today is a holiday and no one is answering the phones. I will never buy this again, and now will probably have to go to the salon. ERRGGGHHH!

I've been using this product for a couple of years now. I wanted to put some red in my hair but still look fairly natural so on a whim my mom randomly picked #55 (reddish brown) up for me. At first my hair was REALLY dark (my natural haircolour is a medium-light brown with natural blond highlights with a red undertone) but after a couple of days the colour really grew on me. I thought that it was going to come out as an unnatural red colour...but I was wrong! I have tried other colours which has either turned my hair purple, vibrant ugly red, or (strangely enough) a medium to light auburn but I keep coming back to this.

on 5/24/2008 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I took one lippie off just because I wish there was more color selection. Other than that, this is hands down the most gentle, effective hair color I've ever used. The color was true to the picture, and my hair felt so soft, manageable, and healthy after using this. The BIGGEST issue have is that as a redhead, no matter what brand I used, will fade after 1-2 weeks. I colored my hair with this over 4 weeks ago, and the color is still vibrant. My second choice of haircolor is Garnier Nutrisse.

on 2/6/2008 4:17:00 PM

For me this HG. I used many of their shades from dark brown to very light blonde and was never disappointed! A week ago i used 111 extra light ash blond on my over-processed, bleached hair. I seriously damaged my hair about a month ago with at-home bleach and the beauty lady at the drugstore told me to not bleach my roots for at least several months. The problem is, I need to double-process because with a regular hair dye I cannot lift my roots to the same level as the rest of my hair. My natural hair is a level 7 (dark blond) and ash-toned.
Belle color in 111 lifted my roots to a very pale beige blonde. I left it 25 minutes on the roots, and refreshed the lengths for the last 5. Thing is, bcz my hair is very porous, the lengths became very ashy very quickly and the roots stayed beige with a HINT of gold. It's barely noticeable (I'm picky...lol)
More importantly it did not damage my hair. I didn't loose any, no further braekage and their condition hasn't change (it's not better but it's not worse!) I like the result: a very light ashy/silvery blonde, shiny and overall soft. I am very happy. I won't shampoo with my purple shampoo for a while otherwise it's going to turn grey/blue/violet. I will use my regular shampoo and a clarifying shampoo once a week. Also, the smell is not as strong as other dyes, which is always a +

on 4/8/2006 4:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am naturally brunette and I do color my hair at home. I have tried many brands, but I love Granier Belle Color in 550 "Dark Red Auburn". The color ends up looking very believable and highlights my medium complexion perfectly. My son thinks it makes me look younger! I have now used this product for many years and I highly reccommend it. It is not particularly messy or smelly. you only need 20 minutes developing time and it is not tested on animals (at least that is what I read online when I researched it).

on 10/4/2005 2:43:00 PM

I used this color when i wanted to be a redhead. I used Medium red Auburn shade #560. Turned out beautifully everytime i used it and the conditioner in this was good too, just wish you could use the conditioner more than once though.

Popular Hair Color Products