Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

3.0

on 4/19/2013 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! DO NOT BUY! I've dyed my hair many successful times in the past. My hair is thin and dyes very easily. I followed the directions exactly and my hair is exactly the same color as it was before (I know this because I compared it to what was in my brush at the time). There was 0% difference.

I seriously made an account on this site just to write this review.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Belle Color is the hair colour that I have been using to dye my moms hair for the past couple of months after switching from Garnier Nutrisse (which we both love!) to a shade in this range (63) which suited her a bit better. I have been colouring my moms hair for a few years now with the good ol' brush and bowl method using drugstore dye. The first time I used this dye on her hair is seemed to do a nice job of covering everything and making her hair look glossy but I dyed it right after having used Garnier Nutrisse so there weren't any greys to cover up. Now that I have been doing root touch ups the dye fades within a week. Last time I dyed her hair, right after she rinsed it out after having let it sit for 40 minutes, you could still see the greys peaking through. Not acceptable. One annoying thing about this dye compared to the Nutrisse Cream is that the conditioner comes in a hard to open sachet that contains maybe 1/3 of the normal product and it doesn't condition that well. The only thing that I really enjoyed about the dye is the formulation is a bit thinner and more gel like so it spreads through the hair incredibly easily.

on 3/14/2013 5:02:00 PM

I often use a dark blonde color and I find that other brands give my hair a brassiness. However, Belle Color was great...none of the brassiness and very soft hair afterwards. I was somewhat surprised because it only cost me $7.50. Very nice surprise! Would definitely recommend to others.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is for mahogany brown #45. I had high hopes for this colour as I've used the dark brown before and had great results. My mom uses the blonde shades often and her hair always turns out great with no yellow or brassiness. To be fair my hair was coloured a medium golden brown (different brand) previously but I hated the gold tones so I wanted to add a little red back in. I applied this easily enough. The colour in the bottle looked greige at first and then turned to dark purple. On my head it looked pylon orange at the scalp but darkened up everywhere else. I left it on a little longer as I have resistant white hairs. I found it to rinse out easily (the key here is to add water and lather lather lather before you rinse). The conditioner sucks. I used it but had to use a richer one on my ends because my hair felt pretty straw like. Once I blowdried it to see the colour I wasn't impressed. Not much red to be had folks. There is a slight tinge but I wanted something a little more darker and intense. I knew I should have went with the Natural Instincts Cherry Creme. My hair feels like crap too. Yuck. It's been over a week and my hair isn't feeling any better. I think I'm going to do a vitamin C/shampoo treatment to lift this colour up a bit and go back to Natural Instincts, which I always like. No idea why I ever look at any other colour. Also, the bottom couple inches of my hair did not take the reddish tone at all and is still gold. Booooo!

on 9/5/2012 8:34:00 PM

I used this brand for the first time with 7.1 (dark ash blonde) on my uncoloured, medium blond hair. . I do not know what it is, but all of the companies that make hair colourants, seem to struggle with a definition of the adjective "ASH". They all say that is a cool colour, will erase yellow undertones, etc. But none of them does it. Instead, they all give you plenty of yellowishness, orangeness or redness - depending on a tone of blonde you choose. And it's the same with Garnier. Straight after colouring, mu hair looks like...nothing...just a dark, no tone, no gloss. The best way to describe it, is, it's that what you see if you put a mushroom upside down. After a third wash, it looks like in the picture from the box, which would be fine, if not the fact that it is nothing like ash. But if you like the colour, despite misleading description, there are some good news - it'll stay like this for ages. Good or bad for Garnier? Well Overall, very good product, long lasting effect, but they should update their definition of "ash".

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not nearly enough conditioner ... the result was that dying my hair darker (i.e. no lifting agents) actually fried my hair! Bullcrap.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This was my first hair dye and the only one I'm brave enough to use (as yet). My hair is naturally black, so I was looking to lighten it only about one or two shades.

The one I've stuck with is #50 Medium Brown, which doesn't really do anything to my hair except lighten it a little. Most of the time you can't even tell I've dyed it, unless you look really close in the sunlight. Fine by me. I don't want to be one of those people with hair lighter than their skin (a major faux pas, IMHO). I took a lippie off because this product does fade, although that doesn't bother me much as it's not really noticeable.

Overall, I like this product. It's gentle on my hair, doesn't make me gag (at least, not as much as I'd imagined chemical-saturated hair dye would), and doesn't look fake or brassy. In fact, it looks natural, and now that it's summer, it's given my now dark-brown hair reddish highlights! I get compliments on it all the time. The conditioner is a bonus -- it smells so good (like peach, which masks most of that stinky dye smell), and leaves my hair unbelievably soft and shiny after washing. Plus, it's only about $6 at WalMart!

My only complaint about this product is the packaging -- I can never nip the top off the applicator bottle. Has anyone had the same problem? Usually I just take the cap right off and apply the dye to my roots using a comb. Works well for me, but I'd like to know how to nip the top off for next time!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was in Rexall and saw that this was on sale for $5 CA so I got two in a mahogany brown. My hair is naturally dark and I didn't expect much but I thought I'd give it a shot for being on sale. I'm aiming for a lighter, summery hair style.

My hair is quite thick, so two boxes did the trick. I waited the allotted time and took a shower.

All this did was lighten my roots and I look pretty silly (I think so at least). NEVER buying this product again, no matter how much it's on sale for.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

How I wish this was (still) available in the Nordic countries!! When I was living in Paris, I decided to bleach my (naturally pretty dark AND previously dyed red) hair, since I was growing it out of a classic Parisian pixie and feeling pretty bored. Of course, the bleach turned my hair a flaming orange-pink which was rather frazzled in texture. I tried a few ash blonde dyes for camouflage, which brought me down to a salmony blonde. I had never seen Belle Color before and was a little wary, but I liked the promise to 'respect your natural highlights' and give a more nuanced color. I feel like this is actually true, for once! I tried the 111 shade, which is an ashy super-lightening color. That was a risky move but the result was the most BEAUTIFUL beige. I still think about this color sometimes...

P.s. Even the super-lightening shade seemed to do no damage, and this was on haggard hair.

I've used a LOT of haircolor. My favorite is Loreal Superior Preference in the shade "Deepest Indigo", but this color is just as good in the shade 21 Blue Black. I've also tried Vidal Sassoon and Elegant Effects and Natural Instincts. Even the regular Garnier Nutrisse. How is it that this is better than all of them? Lasts forever and is true to the box.

Popular Hair Color Products