Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel

Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel

4.1

Water (aqua), Panthenol, Glycerin, PVP, Triethyl Citrate, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, PEG 40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

on 1/3/2012 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a fun little product to neaten up the brows. My eyebrows can be a little unruly and I was looking around to see what I would help. I don't like to pluck my eyebrows too much because, at age 50, they are starting to thin so all I wanted to do was neaten them. I ran across Ardell brow sculpting gel and it looked like a nice idea. I put on all my makeup, including some color on my eyebrows with brown eyeshadow. Then I go over them with a very, very light swipe of this gel, pushing the brows into place where I want them to stay. later that morning, when all my kids got up, my 12 year old daughter told me my makeup looked especially nice and asked if I was using something different. This was all I needed to hear to decide to keep using brow gel. It's amazing how much better and more put together you look with neat brows. I don't know but for my daughter to notice something different, my brows must have looked pretty darn bad before I started cleaning them up! The only downside I can find is that the gel gets discolored with makeup since I use the wand over my brow color then put the wand back in the tube. It hasn't effected the product performance, though. Highly recommend!

on 11/2/2011 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have been using Ardell Brow Gel in clear for years now. It is one of the few products I can purchase here in Australia that is reasonably priced – you can pick this up at Priceline for around $6.
Pros:
- Easy to apply;
- Lasts all day;
- Doesn’t flake;
- Applies over brow colour product without disrupting it, e.g. brow pencil and powder;
- Gives brows a slight sheen;
- Controls even the most unruly of eyebrows;
- Exceptionally cheap.
Cons:
- With daily use, a tube doesn’t last all that long – after about six weeks or so, the consistency changes a little, and becomes more runny. However, this doesn’t affect the performance of the product for me personally, but it may bother some people.
- It can disrupt your foundation/face powder a little around the edges of the eyebrow – I find this to be the case at the inner edge of the brow (near the nose) and at the tail of the brow – I remove the excess with a cotton bud (Q tip), then blend out any disrupted makeup with either a microfiber cloth or a slightly damp makeup sponge.
Application:
I have personally found the best way to apply this is to first brush the gel into the eyebrows ‘against the grain’ – in the opposite direction of hair growth, then use the brush to go over the eyebrows lightly and put them back into place – this adds a little more volume to the eyebrow, and prevents that ‘slicked down’ eyebrow effect these products can sometimes create. I then finish shaping the brow with a regular eyebrow brush/comb.
I have been using this product for years now and will continue to purchase it.

This stuff gets the job done. I use brow gel before applying brow powder, and this stuff holds it. The price is very good and it doesn't irritate my piercings or irritate my skin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Inexpensive and it does exactly what it's supposed to do. No more strays, it really helps to give a neater and cleaner appearance. This is a new favorite of mine!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my everyday brow gel- it's inexpensive and works great. I have thick, unruly brows and this keeps them tame without gooping them up. I only wish they made a tinted version.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I didn't really know what this was for, my brow don't move a lot but I thought I'd try this anyway. It doesn't crisp your brows, but it's don't completely firm so it just coats the brows with a fruity shampoo smell. I won't repurchase because I don't think there would be a huge difference if didn't use this.

on 5/10/2010 8:33:00 PM

I had this thing for over a year now, i love it, it combs through my brows nicely and shapes them, and it doesnt dry like a clear mascara all hard and stiff, fake looking.This product makes my brows naturally niceeee. I would purchase this again.

on 5/9/2010 10:01:00 AM

Works great, but as another reviewer said, it makes me break out under my eyebrows. Not a good look, and truly odd, since I didn't think it even touched my skin. I also think any clear mascara should have an opaque bottle. This stuff gets ugly quick. I'm keeping it for my lashes, which don't need color, just hold.

on 4/6/2010 10:17:00 AM

BEST BROW GEL EVER. Hands down!!!! I've used them all! This takes the cake!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love this product. I normally do my eyebrows everyday...
I apply powder to shape and darken my brows and then layer the gel over to help put the hairs stay put. I love how big the brush is. Just one, clean sweep over my brow and it's all covered =)

It's usually really cheap at most pharmacy stores... best CLEAR gel i've ever tried.

Popular Brows Products