LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1

LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1
LUSH Cosmetics' Godiva solid shampooGodiva Solid 2 in 1

3.9

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimide, Camella Oil (Camella japonita), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Lanolin, Cocamide DEA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

I never thought I'd like a solid shampoo but one day I was in Lush and thought... why not. I would be willing to say that this is one of the best shampoo's I've ever used. I even got my sister to use it who is a hairdresser and she even said it was really good. It makes my hair feel really clean without stripping any natural goodness and it seems to stay clean longer when I use it. I did try it on its own without conditioner as it says it's a 2 in 1 but I felt that my ends definitely needed extra moisture so I still use a conditioner on the ends with this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
The smell is really nice (I'm actually not usually a big fan of jasmine scents but I like it)
It lasts quite a while
Has a great lather
Cleans your hair nicely
Puts some moisture into your hair

Cons:
The smell doesn't linger as much as I would have liked
It falls apart easily, and gets mushy.
It's a bit inconvenient to store and use
Doesn't last as long as lush claims (does last quite a while though)
Expensive, but it is worth it since it still does last more than liquid shampoos.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore the smell of this bright yellow bar, it has chunks of solid conditioner throughout it which isn't really the best idea as it doesn't distribute evenly through hair... So worth it for the smell tho!

on 11/20/2011 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love the smell of this shampoo bar. That being said I actually haven't had good results with any of the solid shampoos from Lush. I have tried several and they all leave my hair feeling dry and stripped and this includes Godiva. I was shocked that they called this a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioning bar as there was nothing conditioning about it. I needed to pile on extra conditioner after using this and my hair still felt dry and crappy. But I did love the scent so I after I gave up on using this as a shampoo I used it to wash my body and I loved the lingering smell of it. I won't repurchase

on 11/19/2011 3:21:00 AM

If you're a fan of jasmine, then this is the perfect solid shampoo bar for you. It smells lovely and I love the fact that this is the only solid shampoo bar that is a 2-in-1 (shampoo and conditioner), which makes it super convenient for the days that you're in a hurry. The shea butter moisturizes very well. The smell lasts all day long and lathers very well. So far I have used it about 20 times and I still have about 45% of it left. However, I dislike the fact that they put dried jasmine flowers in it, because they always get stuck and tangled in my hair and it's very annoying to take them out.

on 10/15/2011 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Switched to Godiva from Biolage about a month ago in order to green up my shower regimen. So far I can't complain, which surprised me since I've been using a salon brand shampoo for so long.

All I wanted out of the product was for it to effectively wash my hair without overdrying. Check and check. I still use conditioner, but that's not a disappointment for me since my hair's pretty dry and 2-in-1 products have never eliminated that need.

Overall I'm totally satisfied with Godiva's performance. I knocked it one lippy because while the jasmine scent is lovely it's also very strong. Wish it were a little more delicate in that department, like Lush's Alkmaar soap, which smells heavenly!

on 9/23/2011 6:25:00 PM

This stuff is awesome for my hair before when I would let my hair air dry it would come out a little frizzy yet lanky looking at the same time. I use this and then their jungle conditioner. Amazing! My hair is soft now and has a slight wave to it. The mixed smell of these two is awesome. My husband is picky about smells and loves this on my hair. People have complained about this getting soggy when they use the tin. Well this should be expected really because the bar isn't being allowed to dry properly. What I've done is buy a plastic dog brush. Weird I know! Bit this is a brush that's soap dish shaped and has these long spikes. I rest the soap and conditioner on the spikes and this allows the air to circulate all around and dry it quickly. Try it! They're super cheap at pet smart :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first, I didn't think this was making much of a difference. I loved the scent but i couldnt see a difference in my hair. I put it aside and forgot about it until I moved. The water in my new house is very harsh and dries my hair out badly. Going through my cosmetics drawer, I came across my forgotten GoDiva bar and decided to use it for the heck of it. After using it and drying my hair, I noticed great improvement in the softness and suppleness of my hair. It was no longer dry and unmanageable, it had bounce and shine to it that the hard water had taken away. Needless to say, I have fallen in love with this shampoo bar and have ordered three more. I'm sure if you used it every day, it could be drying, but that's why I only use it maybe two or three times a week. It seems to be working wonders on my parched hair so I am happy with it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Smells amazing! I love jasmine and this delivers. It has a sweet scent to it as well. It's a 2-in-1 shampoo bar but does not weigh down my oily hair. It doesn't detangle well though. Lathers well and makes my bathroom smell amazing; no need for air freshener!

EDIT MARCH 2013 - Still in love with this shampoo. I try and branch out and use other shampoos but I always come back. It makes my hair look shiny and feel nourished.

After my first wash I could tell a difference. It suds up quickly and I only needed to run it through my hair once (I have mid-length hair). It left it squeaky clean. After the first week of using this product my hair felt course (like straw) ... but once dry it was soft and smooth. This feeling went away about a week later and had no problems since.

The bar's smell is very overpowering, but luckily it's more tame on clean and dried hair (you get use to it after a while). It is expensive, but worth it.

Again, I hate the packaging which is my number one complaint about Lush products. Yes, I know you can buy the tins, but I already paid 10 bucks for this product, you'd think they'd give you one. I keep mine out of the shower and in a dry place, because it will run out faster if left there.

****UPDATE*****
I know a lot of people mentioned that this bar fell apart in a matter of a few uses. One bar lasts me 3-4 months ... and I wash my hair every other day. I keep it up high and allow it to air dry. I do not have a tin. It has never fallen apart on me until the bitter end when I have very little left.