LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1

LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1
LUSH Cosmetics' Godiva solid shampooGodiva Solid 2 in 1

3.9

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimide, Camella Oil (Camella japonita), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Lanolin, Cocamide DEA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 1/29/2014 12:10:00 AM

I really really love the smell of this and the way it lathers and everything about it :) I don't use it as a two in one, I just use it as regular shampoo but it's great!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been using Godiva for 5 years now! I used it when I had my virgin hair to my mid back, and it worked fabulously without using a conditioner after wards. Nowadays I've got previously bleach damaged hair( had white blond hair for all of high school) which I have been healing while using the shampoo. My only gripe is that I need to wash it before with another shampoo if my hair is particularly dirty (3rd day hair) also, the smell can be off putting to others, but I love it!

on 1/11/2014 3:15:00 PM

My first MUA review ever!
I received this Lush shampoo as a Christmas gift and have been using it since that day. I have long (midback) wavy dark brown hair, oily roots and dry ends. The first time I used this shampoo I was on the fence. My hair had incredible body and beautiful shine (seriously glossy shine, like an ad, unparalleled to any other hair product I've used) but a less that desirable texture. I couldn't run my fingers through it.
Next try I followed with a conditioner: grease city. I was steadfast in not giving up though.
After 2.5 weeks of using this shampoo I am in love. My hair adjusted to it and is glossy, voluminous, and relatively tangle free. My hair tangles very easily though. I've been getting compliments from co workers on how good/healthy my hair looks and I swear it is healthier. I'm shedding less! I was having major shedding issues with my last shampoo and conditioner, Clear scalp therapy. Do not buy those products! My hair was shedding twice as much as usual. It was terrifying.
I love this shampoo bar. It's my new favorite thing. I strongly urge people trying it out to give it a week or two for your hair to adjust, as you should with any new product.
I also don't use a conditioner with it at all, which will save both time (letting it sit for two minutes? Snoozefest) and money.
also no packaging is incredible! Good for the environment and you get to use the whole thing instead of a shampoo bottle where you end up leaving the darn thing upside down to get the last bits and even then, we know some is going in the trash, always.
Lastly the smell is divine. Beautiful fresh jasmine flowers! It does not stay in your hair after though, which is a huge plus to a perfume nut like myself (same username on fragrantica).
I never want to be without it.

on 1/4/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have combination hair, I have oily roots and the mid section tends to dry out and get frizzy, so it's hard to find a shampoo that moisturizes but doesn't weigh my hair down. I asked the LUSH employee what she thought about the solid shampoos and which one would work best for me. She directed me to the Godiva 2 in 1 solid shampoo. It smelt nice and seemed to be interesting, I was excited to try a solid shampoo since it seemed to be easier to travel with and Eco friendly. I had read reviews on this product online and it seemed to be mixed, so I tried for myself. It is strange to try and lather your hair with a bar, since I'm so used to squeezing out shampoo from a bottle and lathering. The smell remained the same, and I found my hair sounding squeaky as I rinsed out the shampoo, now the fun part... Once I got out of the shower my hair was a tangled mess! I had to spray some smoothing de tangle cream into my hair just to pass the brush through my hair.

I would not use this product again, it made my hair dry and straw-like... I feel like maybe I didn't give it a fair shot but the detangling of my long hair was enough to make me run the other way. Maybe someone with shorter hair would have more luck with this shampoo.

It is now sitting in the metal tin they sold me, in a sludgy mushy state.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am working my way through my 3rd bar of LUSH Godiva shampoo bar, so I think that it's time to share my views on this product with MUA.

Side Tangent: My first Lush shampoo bar was Seanik, which I received in a swap. It was blue, it had seaweed in it, and it was supposed to be suitable for my hair type. Seanik left my hair flat and volume-less. I went back to Lush and discovered Godiva, which smells heavenly to me, imbued with lovely jasmine flowers. But... the SA refused to sell it to me, telling me that it was too moisturizing for my hair type. This happened several times, and finally, I managed to buy one when my usual SA wasn't there. I told myself that if it was indeed too rich, then I could just use it as a bar of shaving soap for my legs.

The first time that I used it, it indeed left my oil-prone hair squeaky clean. I was ecstatic and delighted in the scent of jasmine perfuming my bathroom. Since then, Godiva has been my go-to shampoo. I wash my hair every other day, so I don't use this every day. It really does last a long time. I was very skeptical when the SA said that you only need a few swipes to get bubbles, but it's true.

The trick is to find the right balance between the perfect number of swipes, and not getting the bar soggy. I find that the best way was to first wet my hair, then swipe 3-5 times across the top of my hair. I then massage it into my scalp and rinse. Then I flip my hair over, and repeat the process from the bottom side, and work my way up to the middle of my scalp.

As soon as I'm done with my swipes (out of the water's range), I place the bar back into the lush tin. (I didn't invest in a Lush tin until I started my second bar. Now I have two - one for my shampoo bar and one for my conditioner bar. But that's for another review.) If it is very wet, I just place the bar on the lid side of the tin until it was dry.

I've traveled across the country three times in the past year, and I love how travel-friendly it is, particularly by air. It's comparatively light-weight (for the number of uses you get out of it), spill-proof, TSA travel-friendly.

I was hesitant to spend ~$12 USD on a tiny looking shampoo bar, but don't let the appearance fool you. The scent will easily envelop any room you place it, It's a wonderful, hard-working product IF you know how to use it correctly.

The smell doesn't really linger in your hair after you wash off the shampoo, which isn't a deterrent for me.

My last few hairdressers have commented on how healthy-looking my hair looked. No split ends, keeps my oil-prone, straight, thick asian hair healthy and free of product build-up.

Plus, it's environmentally friendly since LUSH cut out the plastic packaging that are used by most shampoos. I always keep an extra bar on-hand, so I don't run low on this lovely staple. <3

on 11/14/2013 12:56:00 PM

I bought this today and I love it. I had used one of Lush's other solid shampoos in the past, Reincarnate which is now part of the retro range & can only be bought online. I found reincarnate extremely hard to lather. I was worried this would be an issue with Godiva but my worries were quickly dispelled. This lathers so well & so quickly! It smells like a cloud of jasmine & made my hair squeaky clean. I had read other reviews claiming it dries hair out but upon rinsing it out I didn't notice my hair feeling drier than when I use other shampoos. I used Lush's Veganese conditioner afterwards & my hair has dried soft & shiny & smelling divine. This routine has also brought out my natural wave! I know that this is meant to be a 2 in 1 shampoo but I don't think it is. However I bought this with the intention of using a conditioner in conjunction with it anyway so I couldn't be happier! I am only giving it 4 instead of 5 however because whether it bothers me personally or not it does fail to meet its conditioning claims.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the smell of Godiva but I don't like how drying it is. On the first week of purchase, it made my hair feel so soft but now, my scalp and my hair have become so dry. Another conditioner definitely needs to be paired up with it and maybe even some of that Snake Oil at Lush. But no, I wouldn't be purchasing it again. I'm pretty sure there are other bar shampoos that aren't as drying from companies that focus on selling natural shampoo and henna dyes.

Lush is a hit, but their shampoos are a miss for me.
P.S. If any of you still have the product, don't use it on a daily basis. You have to alternate between shampoos to avoid extreme dryness.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This was a 2 in 1 shampoo? I would have never known considering how drying it is. I used this a couple of years ago, loved the smell but that was about it. Hair became static and untamed, super dehydrated and unhealthy looking. Was not impressed overall.

on 9/8/2013 8:34:00 PM

I am obsessed with LUSH as a whole, but this product in particular, is just not one of my favorites. I bought this on a whim while picking up more of my beloved Ocean Salt, and I simply could not resist the smell of this solid bar. Upon using it, I was extremely disappointed. For starters, there is NO WAY that this could possibly pass as a shampoo and conditioner. You need a separate conditioner, no doubt about that. I paired this with LUSH's solid shampoo, Big, and even that did not give impressive results. Also, the sales associate told me that I would only need to do three strokes on my head and would get enough product, but I found that without about five, I was not able to get a decent lather. While it smells great in the bar and while you use it, the smell does not seem to last once you rinse it out. I think that my biggest complaint about this bar, however, is the way that it made my hair feel. My hair felt dry and just a tangled mess.

I took this bar with me while on vacation because it is easy to travel with, even though I knew that I did not like it, and that is the last time that I used it or ever will again. After each use, I had to go back and use Redken Smooth Lock and Diamond Oil to give my hair some soft of soft and healthy feel again.

For 11.95 USD, this would have been a great buy if it worked for me, but since it does not, I will not buy again.

EDIT: I have taken this down to one lippie because as I was attempting to finish this bar up to not waste money, I suddenly developed a dry and occasionally flaky scalp. It was SO DISGUSTING and i have never been more upset with a shampoo in my life... I have thrown this bar away, would NEVER repurchase or recommend.

on 9/2/2013 1:28:00 AM

Love love love the smell while lathering it on, so rich and flowery, good thing is it doesn't stay in your hair as strong as it does while lathering it.
This shampoo says it's a 2-in-1 but I don't use conditioner when I previously used Seanik (the blue one) and my hair felt just as nice so I guess it kinda doesn't make much of a difference for me. But I do usually use leave in conditioner while I'm drying my hair coz I have super dry ends (from what I have no idea, no dye no perm and no straightening).
Reason why I'd repurchase this product over Seanik or the other solid shampoos LUSH has is coz of the smell, just too gorgeous to resist haha.