LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1

LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1
LUSH Cosmetics' Godiva solid shampooGodiva Solid 2 in 1

3.9

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimide, Camella Oil (Camella japonita), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Lanolin, Cocamide DEA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 2/3/2011 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite shampoo products, mainly because it's animal cruelty free and basically organic. It also acts a conditioner because it contains shea butter in it. It also lasts a really long time. A worker there told me that one single bar is equivalent to three of their liquid shampoo bottles. My first Godiva bar lasted me about three months and I bought a new one as soon as I ran out. It lathers pretty well for a solid shampoo. I find that it's easiest to just run the bar along the scalp and hair opposed to applying it to the hands and then rubbing it into hair. That method is easiest for me because I have fairly long hair, but it's really a personal preference.

Amazing smell, but not my favorite. It definitely lingers in your hair after washing. Not moisturizing, it left my hair feeling very stripped of natural oils, but after drying it feels and looks amazing.

Sucks that it doesnt come in a container :(

on 1/28/2011 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I adore the jasmine scent of this shampoo. It makes my bathroom smell wonderful. I do not find this to be a moisturizing shampoo at all. It leaves my hair feeling stripped and dry (my daughter tried it and had the same experience). The sales staff at Lush told me that I had to use the Lush conditioner with it but I don't believe that a shampoo needs to be so harsh. However, I now use this as a body wash and love it for that. I always take it with me when I travel because of the fabulous scent.

I'm not a fan of floral scents... but THIS IS THE BEST FLORAL SCENT EVER. omg. I have to keep sniffing it whenever I walk by my LUSH collection. So far I have tried Karma Komba shampoo bar, and Godiva. No noticeable difference between the two. They leave my hair shiny, but kind of gunked up/crispy and thick feeling. Maybe it's the cocoa butter? If Herbal Essences stole this scent, put it into a DECENT shampoo/conditioner, I'd be sold!!!

Love the smell! Switched from The Blonde to this and happier for it. It's not my HG of shampoos, though. You almost have to have a (reusable) tin to store/travel/pack it with.

on 12/28/2010 9:12:00 PM

i love this smell....i use flying fox, alkmaar, and lust solid perfume...this is really similar. ..but lush solid shampoos just do not work with well water. my hair was flat and stringy and didnt smell like anything once it was dry.

on 12/20/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Not sure if I would buy this again. The girls at Lush gave this full size sample to me after I bought 120.00 worth of products :) so that was nice. Now to the review...This is supposed to be a 2 in 1 solid. To me, it didn't moisturize any more than Trichomania or New...so that's why I'm giving it 3 lippies. Like other reviewers said, this isn't a 2 in 1. I must be honest, I really don't like the smell either. It reminds me of moth balls or an old ladies perfume. I just don't like it. I think I would be able to deal w/it more if it out performed my other bars, but Trichomania is my favorite and I love the smell of it!!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!

I seriously love this shampoo! It's made with tons of butters to moisturize and you can really tell and difference between the moisture level in this and the two other Lush shampoo bars I have tried (Soak'n Float and Squeaky Green). I agree with one of the other reviewers who said it isn't really a 2 'n 1. This is true. I follow it with R&B or Jungle conditioner. But, as a moisturizing shampoo it IS the bomb. And the smell is amazing!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The product doesn't rly have "packaging" ...but if you buy two you get a free tin to hold it in ...& thats' pretty sturdy & nice.

But I have only used this product once ... & that was last night. I am actually on the fence with this product ...& I give it a 4 for a number of reasons. But overall I like it ... & I will buy it again.

So, as a 2 & 1 ... it is Not, that was my first impression while when I started using it. As a Great cleansing shampoo that really cleans my scalp & hair ... it definately prevails! I can get flaky in my front hair line, where it's obvious & a lot of shampoos have not been able to wash them away. This does & I love that b/c that's really all I want when I wash my hair. It's so easy to use & lathers up really nicely & cleans Deep! I love it b/c a little goes a long way. I think i will have these two bars for quite some time!
But, this is why I say it's not rly conditioning. I after rinsing & all, my hair felt wiry, not dried out & not rly striped, just wiry & kinda tangly. But it was not a bad as other liquid shampoos. After, I conditioned with Garnier Triple Nutrition & my hair was soo soft & fluffy when I towled dry after my shower. It was really great, I was really impressed with the end result.

That's why I give it a 4 ...even though it doesn't really do what is claims. It works great for me!

on 7/29/2010 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I actually purchased this while on vacation due to the fact that my shampoo bottle (that was actually taped shut in a separate bag in my suitcase) came loose and emptied out. Solid shampoo never had that problem!

The scent is divine, I love it. The scent doesn't really stick around though so it's good for me. I don't like smelling like my shampoo all day. I like how it lathers up quite nicely and I don't feel like I need to condition after it. My hair is generally really soft after, too. However, I realized that since using this I feel that I need to shampoo my hair more often than I used to. Not sure how to explain that.

Overall, I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Edit: My previous lush solid shampoos never really melted like this. The shampoo itself seems to have melted and broken into tiny pieces, even though it wasn't stored near anything wet or moist and it is basically hard to use. And now that it has melted a little, the smell is getting a little strange. I noticed that my hair was starting to smell weird and I was a little concerned, but turned out to be the shampoo- it did NOT smell like this when I first got it.

I will continue to try other solid shampoos from Lush, just maybe not Godiva.

Video Reviews & Tutorials