LUSH Godiva Solid 2-in-1 Shampoo Bar

LUSH Godiva Solid 2-in-1 Shampoo Bar
LUSH Cosmetics' Godiva solid shampooGodiva Solid 2-in-1 Shampoo Bar

3.8

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimide, Camella Oil (Camella japonita), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Lanolin, Cocamide DEA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 3/12/2011 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I love everything about this shampoo! I have shoulder length wavy hair and for awhile everything was making it flat and heavy. Godiva solves that! It gives tons of volume and makes my hair look so clean and shiny. I DO use a seperate conditioner with this as well because I have color treated hair and it isn't enough on its own....I WISH they made a conditioner in this scent, it's soooo lovely! It smells like a sensual, sexy jasmine...I love the way it makes my whole bathroom smell! I recently bought Lust perfume which I am doing a review on next...but if you like the smell of Godiva please run and get Lust! So lovely. Lush has really been knocking it out of the park for me lately...so many hits!

on 3/1/2011 1:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

As some people have mentioned this does have a unique floral smell, some like it and some not. I usually don't like floral smells, but this grew on me quickly because it's not your typical floral scent, this one has some kind of a "twist" that I really like! I love the way it smells up the whole bathroom-- seriously! It also lathers up extremely well and soft/fine lather, impressive because our water is on the hard side. It lathers up just as well if not better than liquid shampoos. It also was moisturizing to my hair and believe me, my hair doesn't respond well to most shampoos and ones you buy from the drugstore, forget it! Anyways I really like this stuff and I've started using it to wash my face because it leaves my skin really soft and smooth. I like the fact that it doesn't contain chemicals and preservatives either.

on 2/25/2011 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Smells great like jasmine flowers and it does lather up well and lasted me a few months, however it dries out my hair. :( You need to use a conditioner with it so it's not really a 2 in 1 product... I wish that there was a solid conditioner in this scent because I'd buy both.

on 2/3/2011 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite shampoo products, mainly because it's animal cruelty free and basically organic. It also acts a conditioner because it contains shea butter in it. It also lasts a really long time. A worker there told me that one single bar is equivalent to three of their liquid shampoo bottles. My first Godiva bar lasted me about three months and I bought a new one as soon as I ran out. It lathers pretty well for a solid shampoo. I find that it's easiest to just run the bar along the scalp and hair opposed to applying it to the hands and then rubbing it into hair. That method is easiest for me because I have fairly long hair, but it's really a personal preference.

Amazing smell, but not my favorite. It definitely lingers in your hair after washing. Not moisturizing, it left my hair feeling very stripped of natural oils, but after drying it feels and looks amazing.

Sucks that it doesnt come in a container :(

on 1/28/2011 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I adore the jasmine scent of this shampoo. It makes my bathroom smell wonderful. I do not find this to be a moisturizing shampoo at all. It leaves my hair feeling stripped and dry (my daughter tried it and had the same experience). The sales staff at Lush told me that I had to use the Lush conditioner with it but I don't believe that a shampoo needs to be so harsh. However, I now use this as a body wash and love it for that. I always take it with me when I travel because of the fabulous scent.

I'm not a fan of floral scents... but THIS IS THE BEST FLORAL SCENT EVER. omg. I have to keep sniffing it whenever I walk by my LUSH collection. So far I have tried Karma Komba shampoo bar, and Godiva. No noticeable difference between the two. They leave my hair shiny, but kind of gunked up/crispy and thick feeling. Maybe it's the cocoa butter? If Herbal Essences stole this scent, put it into a DECENT shampoo/conditioner, I'd be sold!!!

Love the smell! Switched from The Blonde to this and happier for it. It's not my HG of shampoos, though. You almost have to have a (reusable) tin to store/travel/pack it with.

on 12/28/2010 9:12:00 PM

i love this smell....i use flying fox, alkmaar, and lust solid perfume...this is really similar. ..but lush solid shampoos just do not work with well water. my hair was flat and stringy and didnt smell like anything once it was dry.

on 12/20/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Not sure if I would buy this again. The girls at Lush gave this full size sample to me after I bought 120.00 worth of products :) so that was nice. Now to the review...This is supposed to be a 2 in 1 solid. To me, it didn't moisturize any more than Trichomania or New...so that's why I'm giving it 3 lippies. Like other reviewers said, this isn't a 2 in 1. I must be honest, I really don't like the smell either. It reminds me of moth balls or an old ladies perfume. I just don't like it. I think I would be able to deal w/it more if it out performed my other bars, but Trichomania is my favorite and I love the smell of it!!!