MAVALA Nail Hardener

MAVALA Nail Hardener

4.5

Water, Formaldehyde, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chamomile Extract, Garlic Extract, Cocamide DEA, Pine Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Lemon Oil, FD&C Blue #

on 9/26/2003 12:22:00 AM

I feel as though I should title this: 'HUGE Nail Product Rave, Part 2', seeing that I so glowingly reviewed my Diamancel nail file a day or so ago. Excuse me while I gush over this product as well, because thanks to this, my nails are looking better than they have in ages!! This brand seems to be getting more popular/easier to find in Canada, as I've seen a number of products in the line carried at various SDMs around Toronto (the larger stores tend to have the most). And I for one am very happy about that, as this is probably the best nail hardener I've ever used. I have been cursed with nails that do grow quickly, but break, split and peel like nobody's business. I've tried so many strengtheners (check my other reviews for old favorites) but they all ended up disappointing me. They did work, but were a pain to reapply, they peeled off, made my nails extremely brittle, and eventually they left me right back where I started. This strengthener is just as effective, but with none of the nasty 'side effects', and I would recommend this above those others any day. Mavala's strengthener is actually a thin blue liquid, about the same consistency as a polish remover - which won't stain the nails blue, don't worry! Because it's not in polish form, you can wear a base coat of your choosing, and it will never peel off, dry up in the bottle or otherwise interfere with your manicures. You get about 5ml for $18 or so, but when you consider that you only apply this to the tips of your nails, and the tiny amount needed to cover each nail, you realize that this little bottle is going to last for ages (it actually claims to be a full year supply on the insert)! They recommend applying an oil to your cuticles to protect them from the solution, but it's easy enough to control the application with the brush and the product disappears into your nails so quickly there's no real need to do so. It can't hurt, but it's not vital. I do use a cuticle cream regularly and lots of lotion on my hands, and that seems to keep things in good enough shape. After all that, does it work? Oh yeah. My nails have grown quite long, and they are staying that way, with no sign of brittleness or peeling on the horizon. It's nothing short of amazing, I wish I had before and after pictures! I have been giving myself manicures every three or four days and reapplying the Mavala before each one (yet another plus - you don't need to apply it every day to see results). It's been almost two months, and I am loving this so much, I consider it one of the best purchases I've made all year! If you can find this, give it a try, it's by far the best nail strengthener I've ever owned, in every aspect. Wonderful wonderful stuff!! continued >>

on 7/21/2003 3:02:00 PM

Been using this for years - it's hard to find anymore here in the U.S., but thanks to the Net I can find it again. It's one of the very few products that will positively stop your nails from peeling, and it starts to work almost immediately. Originally this came in a bottle, which made it a bit hard to apply just to the nail tips, but now it also comes in a pen form that would be much easier to use. One of the very few times I can safely call something a miracle product.

on 4/26/2003 3:13:00 AM

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL.

I love to go for manicures but my nails are too brittle. But after using this product, my nails seldom chip now. HURRAY!

on 3/12/2003 11:27:00 AM

Same as the other reviewers, I have weak nails... it is very hard to allow me to keep long nails.. This hardener does not leave any trace after apply, it absorbed almost immediately after applying... It doens't look like other hardener that leaves a brillient coat. It just penatrats..

on 1/11/2002 4:34:00 AM

Hard to find Swiss made Mavala Nail Hardener is one of my all time favorite products for nails. It really saved my weak, brittle nailsafter removing dreadful acrylics over a year ago. Use it alone or under a regualr base coat or nail polish. Fabulous!

on 12/31/2001 2:42:00 PM

I'm getting married in two weeks, and just broke a nail. I was SO mad, so I pulled out my bottle of Mavala that i had forgotten about and started using it daily over the last week. I know you're not supposed to, but desperate times call for desperate measures! A week, and it's made all my nails nice and hard, no more signs of weakness or breakage. They are looking really good, and I'm hoping in two weeks time that one broken nail will have had a chance to catch up to the rest of them. Overall, this stuff is worth every penny. Would MUCH prefer if the brush was replaced with a little foamy tip, or even a flocked tip like a lipgloss would be better.

on 11/30/2001 2:51:00 PM